Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Berea

Featured Replies

What does Berea need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Author

ttt

They had a decent season last year.....what kind of team do they have returning.

I do not know what they have coming back, but I do know they have to play a district schedule now, so they have to actually play some teams.

I've been told by some Berea parents that they have Madison Central on their schedule. Has anyone else heard this? I haven't seen Madison Central's schedule for next season yet.

I've been told by some Berea parents that they have Madison Central on their schedule. Has anyone else heard this? I haven't seen Madison Central's schedule for next season yet.

 

You have got to be kidding me........Madison Central is going to be down next year but I have a very hard time believing that. I have also heard that MC is playing LCA, but that is for another thread...

You have got to be kidding me........Madison Central is going to be down next year but I have a very hard time believing that. I have also heard that MC is playing LCA, but that is for another thread...

I wasn't joking.

Who all does Berea play next year?

No, Berea does not play Central. Madison Southern tried to schedule Berea, but the Berea A.D. would not sign the contract. Berea needs to worry about their players acting right at school. I teach at Berea, and discipline needs to be a little better. The team actually won games last year, but the players attitude is terrible.

No, Berea does not play Central. Madison Southern tried to schedule Berea, but the Berea A.D. would not sign the contract. Berea needs to worry about their players acting right at school. I teach at Berea, and discipline needs to be a little better. The team actually won games last year, but the players attitude is terrible.

 

Thanks for clearing it up. :thumb:

No, Berea does not play Central. Madison Southern tried to schedule Berea, but the Berea A.D. would not sign the contract. Berea needs to worry about their players acting right at school. I teach at Berea, and discipline needs to be a little better. The team actually won games last year, but the players attitude is terrible.

 

Please!:deadhorse:

Walton is playing them in Grant County I believe.:banana:

No, Berea does not play Central. Madison Southern tried to schedule Berea, but the Berea A.D. would not sign the contract. Berea needs to worry about their players acting right at school. I teach at Berea, and discipline needs to be a little better. The team actually won games last year, but the players attitude is terrible.

 

This looks to be like a classic case of. "Well, they are students first, and athletes second." But are in fact looked at as "Athletes first, students second."

 

What a crock.

 

I'm willing to bet that if you take the discipline reports/referrals and G.P.A's of the football players their at Berea, and compare that to 30-40 other kids, ones that don't do jack squat, I bet the football kids blow them out of the water in terms of how well they do.

 

Lastly, maybe you should voice your concern to the coach(es) personally, instead of calling out 14-17 year old kids with an anonymous name, on a public message board.

 

This kind of stuff makes me want to puke.

This looks to be like a classic case of. "Well, they are students first, and athletes second." But are in fact looked at as "Athletes first, students second."

 

What a crock.

 

I'm willing to bet that if you take the discipline reports/referrals and G.P.A's of the football players their at Berea, and compare that to 30-40 other kids, ones that don't do jack squat, I bet the football kids blow them out of the water in terms of how well they do.

 

Lastly, maybe you should voice your concern to the coach(es) personally, instead of calling out 14-17 year old kids with an anonymous name, on a public message board.

 

This kind of stuff makes me want to puke.

 

 

Actually, its not a crock. I teach in this school, I will not mention any names of students, but the problems in that school do not come from the regular student body. The problems in this school have come from football players. Coach Smallwood has no problems out of his basketball and baseball players. Some of the football players do not play any other sports and this fact has hurt other teams at Berea. Berea is a small school and they need every able body possible, more so than most places. Holmesbend, I am in this school everyday, I know these kids and care about these kids, and their grades and attitudes need a lot of work, before we can ever really compete.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.