Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

neersfan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by neersfan

  1. I'm glad to see the support and excitment for our district. It is a real boost for all of our teams. In Estill County we hope that the other "Big 2 " programs worry about each other so that they overlook us. You know what:banana::banana: say about any given Friday night. We play these games and some people on here put way too much confidence in a 16 and 17 year old kid. Sometimes pressure turns to confidence and sometime it turns to panic. I think that we have a district to be proud of and should support the other teams when they are not playing a district foe
  2. They think that they have an easy win. The same thoughts that they had last year against Jackson County who came in and beat them. This doesn't send a good message to the kids , community or KHSAA from the administration @ Powell.
  3. NOT at Estill :sssh:
  4. We bought into the spread last year and midway through the season we were 0-5 and maybe scored one time in the five game that we played. We knew that were not that bad of a team but we were not playing to our strenghts. We switched and won 3 out of the last five of our games running the DW and went 9-3 this year. I just think it is the best fit for us.
  5. I disagree with the part that you don't have to have a good QB. I think that the spread requires athletes. We bought into the idea that you don't need a great QB at Estill and we were horrible with the Tony Franklin System. We now run the DW. I think you have to use a system that compliments your players.
  6. Double Wing is a power formation and the only formation we run!:ylsuper:
  7. Running the Doublewing this year. Spread just did not work.
  8. Congrats to Bruce Jones! He's a good guy that can really help Phelps out.
  9. Estill will have new uniforms and helmet decal. My avatar is our new decal. What do you think?
  10. I hope that they resolve the OC spot. I think Darrell has another year in him at least. I really want to see my Jackets back on top!
  11. Williamsburg Coach Bob Rose and Gary Stanfill Union College Coach John Ross
  12. Who will be some surprise teams in Central Kentucky?
  13. Does anybody know?
  14. Where's Coach Trosper?
  15. I think that the program is heading in the right direction and now that the kids have a taste of winning they have the confidence to compete against any team. The coaching staff is now more educated with the double wing and understands the mentality of the system. I think that the days of the passing leagues for us are over. Passing leagues are great for other teams BUT for us it just doesn't seem to fit our style. I think that a hard aggressive work ethic will show up against teams that are made less aggressive by what the passing league creates in some. I say line up and smash 'em in the mouth and say this where we're going with the ball and its up to you to stop us. With us it's like a heavyweight fight and the winner is the one standing at the final bell. Besides football a violent sport and should be played that way. "Finesse is for dancers and shampoos"!
  16. If you're not getting into what was said then why bring it up in an open forum like this?:confused:
  17. Fleming will not be the only competition in that district. Estill and Breathitt will be fighting for the title:ylsuper:
  18. Estill lost only five seniors. The program is in an up swing. The kids love the new offense and have become very physical. Teams that play them will need to be prepared for a slugfest. There are two oustanding freshman running backs coming up. The franklin system is gone and the double wing is back with a vengence:fire:
  19. I wouldn't be too sure about the Estill win.:ylsuper:
  20. Engineers are pulling for ya Russell. Take it to em!
  21. Who do you all play next week?
  22. I just talked with one of Berea's coaches and he said that its not true. They will be playing a varsity schedule next year. I hate to see that soccer is taking over there. We have similiar problems with soccer trying to take over our football field during the season. Soccer is gaining popularity but it is very seldom that I hear people planning tailgate parties and showing the excitment that you see at a football game. This is the USA not Europe. Our form of football is the way the sport was intended to played and watched. :dancingpa Sorry if I upset any soccer fans..........NOT!
  23. I will say that Russell will repeat this year. They are a good team and know how to win.
  24. Congrats to Russell , Keep it Up :thumb:
  25. That won't happen! Estill is averaging way too many yards and points!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.