Breathitt Co., Estill Co., Fleming Co., Harlan Co.?

Odessa

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that Breathitt and Harlan may be 1 & 2 by the voices here, but Fleming 4th and Estill 3rd?

Breathitt has a good progam and puts in the work to be #1. Harlan is a 5A school in numbers with at least 33 starters from the three schools. Playing smaller schools, they should give even Breathitt a good game (just in numbers of players, with a coach like Larkey!)

BUT, do not count out Estill & Fleming. Both programs fight hard and do not give up. One or both of those teams could beat the top two.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 13

Don't count out Estill this year, this could be their year. Plus Harlan County has to go to Fleming. Don't get me wrong I am for the Black Bears through and through but I am just trying to be a realist.

I am not trying to be rude or anything but please I would appreciate it if all would refer Harlan County by that name and not Harlan. Two totally different schools.

It could be a very tough district. Estill was very strong last year and has almost everyone back. Fleming had a down year but is usually very good, and Cawood played its best game to beat them last year.

Breathitt has to much talent to get beat by these three teams.
Speed @ great coaching has been the key for Breathitt Co. in the past, and I do not think that is going to change next year. These are the same to things to look @ next year for the Bears. They will have 5 or 6 players who can run 4.7 or better next season. I look for them to have the most team speed in the mountains next season. You add the coaching of Larkey and I think the Breathitt game being played in Harlan Co. could spell trouble for the Bobcats.:D

Breathitt has to much talent to get beat by these three teams.

Who does Breathitt have coming back? The OL( they were good not great) and one RB. With a new QB( he did well at times, but ??? ) and WR ( I think the little speed demon is now gone) that is a lot of yards, points, and leadership to fill,:eek: as I said earlier they have a good progam and put in the hard work to be #1 :thumb:. Harlan Co. has a coach that will instill the same work ethics that have gave Breathitt their state titles.

Harlan Co. could give the Bobcats a real good fight:fight:

Breathitt has one of the top running backs in the state. Jade is our new QB, which last year he played somewhat, Ive watched the practices and the passing tourneys over the summer and the kid has it, he can make all the throws and then more. The OL has gotten alot better over the off season and work as well oiled group. I dont think Breathitt is 30 points better, maybe 14 or 21, not 30.

I think that Harlan Co. has a long way to go and a lot of proving to do before they can even think about playing with Breathitt Co. I am really scared about the Estill Co. game. I am not saying the Black Bears can't win this district but it is a long way off at this time. If they can start off with some early wins then that will go a long way for them before they get into district games.