Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Estill County

Featured Replies

What does Estill County need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Keep up the good work in the weight room, and stick with the double wing.

I'm hearing good things from Coach Jones as far as the weight room and YES stick with the double wing. They do a great job with that and most importantly the player buy into it. I look for good things the next couple of years from Estill.

You're right the players really buy into the Double Wing system, and execute well.

Yes they do. The coaches and players do a great job with it. I truly believe if they had started the season with it last year it would have been a whole different season. What did they do win 3 of the last 4 or something like that AFTER going back to it. I am not knocking the staff since I believe they do a great job and I consider Coach Jones a good friend. I believe he was attempting to do what he believed was the best in order to give his kids a chance to succeed. Coaches, Players, keep up the good jobs.

I believe the switch was made against Morgan Co. in the 7th game of the season, they went on to beat Morgan, West Carter, and Powell and lose to Russell after they made the switch. I agree if the Engineers had been running the Double Wing all year a few games early in the season could've gotten very interesting. You can't question Coach Jones and his staff after seeing the way he turned the program around when he first came to Irvine, he knows what he's doing.

The double wing brought a totally different mentality to last year's team. They became more physical and controlled the ball at many times, which was the opposite of what they did early in the year. I know coach Jones is doing a lot to make the double wing more effective, and most of the kids love the offense.

A lot of teams on the schedule next year haven't played Estill in a while, so they're less likely to be as familiar with the double wing as teams like Russell and Fleming Co. are.

I think that the program is heading in the right direction and now that the kids have a taste of winning they have the confidence to compete against any team. The coaching staff is now more educated with the double wing and understands the mentality of the system.

I think that the days of the passing leagues for us are over. Passing leagues are great for other teams BUT for us it just doesn't seem to fit our style. I think that a hard aggressive work ethic will show up against teams that are made less aggressive by what the passing league creates in some. I say line up and smash 'em in the mouth and say this where we're going with the ball and its up to you to stop us. With us it's like a heavyweight fight and the winner is the one standing at the final bell. Besides football a violent sport and should be played that way. "Finesse is for dancers and shampoos"!

I've seen the Engineers participate in some passing league games, and I agree it just doesn't do much for them, it's not Estill's style and you can tell they're just ready to put some pads on and get after it.

vs. Pineville

vs. Bourbon County

at Powell County

vs. Breathitt County

at Fleming County

at Berea

at Phelps

Open

vs. Cawood

vs. Magoffin County

at Knott County Central

 

Predictions?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.