2007 Estill County

theguru

Yes they do. The coaches and players do a great job with it. I truly believe if they had started the season with it last year it would have been a whole different season. What did they do win 3 of the last 4 or something like that AFTER going back to it. I am not knocking the staff since I believe they do a great job and I consider Coach Jones a good friend. I believe he was attempting to do what he believed was the best in order to give his kids a chance to succeed. Coaches, Players, keep up the good jobs.

I believe the switch was made against Morgan Co. in the 7th game of the season, they went on to beat Morgan, West Carter, and Powell and lose to Russell after they made the switch. I agree if the Engineers had been running the Double Wing all year a few games early in the season could've gotten very interesting. You can't question Coach Jones and his staff after seeing the way he turned the program around when he first came to Irvine, he knows what he's doing.

The double wing brought a totally different mentality to last year's team. They became more physical and controlled the ball at many times, which was the opposite of what they did early in the year. I know coach Jones is doing a lot to make the double wing more effective, and most of the kids love the offense.

I think that the program is heading in the right direction and now that the kids have a taste of winning they have the confidence to compete against any team. The coaching staff is now more educated with the double wing and understands the mentality of the system.

I think that the days of the passing leagues for us are over. Passing leagues are great for other teams BUT for us it just doesn't seem to fit our style. I think that a hard aggressive work ethic will show up against teams that are made less aggressive by what the passing league creates in some. I say line up and smash 'em in the mouth and say this where we're going with the ball and its up to you to stop us. With us it's like a heavyweight fight and the winner is the one standing at the final bell. Besides football a violent sport and should be played that way. "Finesse is for dancers and shampoos"!

• 5 months later...