Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iPapi

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by iPapi

  1. That's the guy...man, that hit was awesome. It brought everyone in the stands to their feet.
  2. I think of Russell and Ashland as part of the mountains and here is my 5 in no particular order. Belfry Bell Co. Russell Ashland Rockcastle Co.
  3. Monin was from Bardstown and I'm curious to know about him, too. Speaking of E-Town, what about the Deaderick kid that went to Auburn the WRs from their '03 runnerup team, Jerry Turner & A.J. French. The kid from Highlands who laid a monster hit during the '05 KY/TN All-Star game, Mike ?????, and it wasn't Mike Mitchell. Tashawm McBroom of Trinity The RB from Henderson Co. who blew his knee out before his senior year. What happened with their football careers?
  4. Congrats Dustin! Very sound decision in picking Georgetown. Great program and an even better school.
  5. Playing Russell would be great from a competitive standpoint, but I doubt Coach Haywood or Coach McGlone would like to schedule a team they could meet late in the playoffs.
  6. Why would Parkersburg be any more inclined to play at Belfry than Bell Co., for example. If anything they would be less. WV's ratings system, as someone mentioned earlier, gives them 1 reason not to play. Here are a few more.. If they want to play good competition Morgantown is closer, Martinsburg just as close, Wheeling is closer, and there is a state called Ohio very near that plenty of competitive games can be found. Playing Parkersburg is a pipe dream so you guys can scratch that one.
  7. What is Letchers overall record this year? I'd really like to see them do well.
  8. Would he "need" that kind of pay?
  9. Emergence???? Belfry's recent string of wins against Pikeville has far less to do with Belfry "emerging" as it does with Pikeville being just far less talented than they were in the 80s and 90s. Pikeville can change coaches every 3 years if they want, but records and playoff wins will probably average out to about the same. The pool of talent in Pike Co. (not just Pikeville) is pretty shallow nowadays & Pikeville doesn't have the luxuries afforded to them to lure student-athletes they've had in previous years. (And I am NOT talking about recruiting in any shape, form, or fashion)
  10. Congrats to a well-deserving coach.
  11. That kid can play the game, but like any all-star squad someone is gonna get left out. IMO, and it doesn't mean much, of all the kids I've seen play whether it be on folm or in person the BGP team has had the most complete list of collective talent from top to bottomof any team, bar none. By far and wide its the team I give the most prestige to, right or wrong, and I think the people involved in the selection are the most unbiased and non-partisan of any selection committee the Bluegrass area has to offer.
  12. You could not have said that better and I know that Coach Sammons will put his all into the job. There WILL be growing pains but LC is talent rich and a guy as devoted to football as he is will bring it out for the Louisa faithful. I do hope Coach Sammons keeps the likes of Dixon and such but these guys all have to be on the same page. Good luck to Bulldog fans and coaches alike. I think this is a really good hire.:thumb:
  13. I knew that would be the first response as soon as I asked the question. But touche' none the less.
  14. Who is Superman?
  15. Not once in my post did I ask you a question or refer to a post you made, notice I was talking to All Tell. But since I knew Lone Oak & LexCath were not on Trinity's schedule I figured he/she saw them at the State Finals, where he/she also would have seen Highlands had he/she watched Bowling Green in that particular game.
  16. ^I don't think you did this intentionally, but you left out the Highlands team that easily beat your #4 team, or are you only listing the ones you personally have seen?
  17. I don't know how I missed Phillip, but a big congrats to him as well. It seems we keep churning out the 170-180 lb All-State D-Lineman.
  18. Big congrats to all that made it, especially Belfry's Dustin May and Jimbo Stanley.
  19. Louisiana is top 10 or very near the top 10.
  20. 1. Most pleasant surprise in EKY this year Hazard 2. Biggest disappointment in EKY this year Pikeville 3. Best overall coaching job this year Phillip Haywood/Hillard Howard/Ivan McGlone/Dudley Hilton/Mike Holcomb 4. Best game between two EKY teams this year Pulaksi v. Somerset 5. Best offense in EKY this year Belfry 6. Best defense in EKY this year Belfry 7. Best special teams in EKY this year Not sure 8. Best player in EKY this year John Cole 9. Best team in EKY this year Belfry 10. The one thing that made you say, "Hmm..." Ashland's refusal to play Belfry a 2-year Home-and-Home series.
  21. Central might as well have had 6 turnovers. The botched snap on the punt resulting in a 14 yard loss, which led to our last scoring opportunity may not have been available if the punter gets that one off. As it turned out we committed our 2nd turnover on that drive and that was pretty much the ballgame. Congrats to Central on the win. Hopefully, we'll get to redeem ourselves next year.
  22. This is coming from a Belfry fan, but Mister Cobble, and/or the Central LB #52, deserve my vote as players most valuable to their team's championship runs.
  23. Monday morning QBs are a dime-a-dozen, too. We're never going to out-athlete a team in the state finals, except for the two years we were blessed with once-in-a-lifetime kids by the name of Howard & Jones. And if they didn't happen to play with 9 other kids that could flat play the game, we wouldn't have won back-2-back titles then either. These kids were great football players who had the exreience of a lifetime, and I wanted badly for them to win a title. But their is nothing the coaching staff did that hasn't been done in winning thier first two trips to Papa John's. How 'bout we keep playing smashmouth football, and play in 2 semi-finals, 3 State Titles, win 2 out of 3 Chamiponship games, develop outstanding young men, all in a 5 year span, and sleep well at night?
  24. 1. Highlands (Yes, they were the class of the Commonwealth) 2. Trinity 3. St. X 4. Lex Cath 5. Beechwood

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.