Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School player who never made it to college.

Featured Replies

Who are some really good High School players from your area who never made it to the college level? Why?

 

 

 

 

 

.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Miller was a great one at Raceland. He had some problems with concussions. I believe if it wasent for that he would have been a great slot reciever for any college

  • Author
This one won't last very long.

 

Why would you say that?

Lee Abshire

Fred Dean

Nick Meadows

Eric Cantrell

That's the four best from Lawrence County that I can think of right off my head. Those first three are three of the best high school players that I've ever seen in Eastern KY.

Fred went on and was the only high school player to start for Hunnington's Semi Pro team before he broke his neck.

Brad Tiller was the fastest I've seen not go on and play college but he went the baseball route. He was drafted by the Indians.

Jamie Hubbard? Highlands, Did he play anywhere?

Peter Sutton was recruited by UL and UK but decided to go to Dayton and not play.

Why would you say that?

 

These threads inevitably lead to someone misunderstanding the intention of the threads and talking about some guy who didn't make it b/c of run-ins w/ the law. Any discussion of that is an automatic thread closer.

  • Author

I would say Ian Holbrook from Ashland, and even though he went to Marshall for a short stint Michael West from Lawrence County.

The RB from Paducah Tilman a few years back....Joe something.

 

The QB from Bardstown 2001 State Championship team....Monin.

 

The Kicker from Middlesboro.....can't remember his name at all.

  • Author
These threads inevitably lead to someone misunderstanding the intention of the threads and talking about some guy who didn't make it b/c of run-ins w/ the law. Any discussion of that is an automatic thread closer.

 

Gotcha ya!

The kicker from Middlesboro was Dustin Wynn. I always wondered what happened to him.

Dustin went to Kentucky for a semester. Made good friends with Lorenzen and Derek Smith. They all went in as freshmen that year. I guess he left for reasons of his own.

The RB from Paducah Tilman a few years back....Joe something.

 

The QB from Bardstown 2001 State Championship team....Monin.

 

The Kicker from Middlesboro.....can't remember his name at all.

 

 

Joe Casey. He had the tools and was a stud at RB. That Tornado team had him in the backfield and Hunter Cantwell at QB.

Dustin went to Kentucky for a semester. Made good friends with Lorenzen and Derek Smith. They all went in as freshmen that year. I guess he left for reasons of his own.

 

I had heard he had several NFL tryouts, as well as Arena league tryouts. I do wonder what happened to him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.