Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central 27 Belfry 17

Featured Replies

Final.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL... You didn't waste any time.

Great job Central

 

Louisville takes home 2 State titles this year. :dancingpa

Congrats to both teams on great seasons. They both have a lot to be proud of.

Congrats Central you guys deserve it! Those of us in the Ville knew you were for real all along!

  • Author

Congratulations to Belfry on a great season that came up just a little short.

 

Congratulations to Central on a great season and winning the title. I don't know the whole story of this school, but from what I gather, they've accomplished something really special. Of course, anyone who wins a state title accomplishes something special.

 

Hope everyone has a safe trip home from Belfry...and again, congratulations to both sides.

WOW!!!! I guess that tough schedule paid off in the long run. I thought Belfry would win this game but I had doubts because of Central's tough schedule and Belfry's untested schedule. I wonder if Belfry was overconfident? I know their fans were. Congrats to Central on winning the 3A state title!!

Congrats Central you guys deserve it! Those of us in the Ville knew you were for real all along!

 

It was comical listening to the announcers be surprised that a 5 loss team was competing for a state title and winning. They obviously didn't know who those losses were against.

  • Author
LOL... You didn't waste any time.

 

I was actually waiting on someone else to do it and it never happened. I figured someone else would post it quicker than I did. :lol:

 

Believe me, I was pulling for the Pirates, so I wasn't posting it to gloat or anything.

  • Author
It was comical listening to the announcers be surprised that a 5 loss team was competing for a state title and winning. They obviously didn't know who those losses were against.

 

:thumb:

 

You'd think they could have just looked at the names...Male, Manual, Highlands, and St. X and figured that out.

 

If I hadn't watched a game in ten years, I'd guess that was a brutal schedule. Those schools are almost always good.

Central played a fine game. Both teams with critical errors.

 

Belfry ran into a team they couldn't run over. Central shot the tackle gap and caught Elkins running parallel behind the line a number of times.

 

The INT for a Central TD just before the 1st half was the play of the game. A Belfry fumble in the red zone driving for the lead in the 4th was a close 2nd.

  • Author

Well, I'm out of here before TD posts a big yellow "Central" and hurts my eyes...:scared::D

What a game, I really thought Belfry would win this game.

 

Congrats to Central.

Congrats to Central. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the first Kentucky High School African-American coach to win a football state championship.

It was comical listening to the announcers be surprised that a 5 loss team was competing for a state title and winning. They obviously didn't know who those losses were against.

 

 

Funny, I listened to the KHSAA broadcast and never heard that at all.

 

In fact if we are talking about the same broadcast I can say that Steve Bertram knows all too well the kind of athletes that Central has (all those years they played Boyle in the playoffs) and he has little love beyond professional respect for Belfry (reasons not to be named).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.