Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BucksFan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BucksFan

  1. I know Maulk and Kenton well, that is my home town. Your point about KY basketball was exactly what I said in post #7
  2. But......in comparison KY basketball is superior. There have been other threads discussing this. I'm fairly close to some top players in Ohio and there programs don't compare to KY's.
  3. They play Greenup Co. at home and there is a thread.
  4. Here is a little supporting evidence. In 2002 Russell lost to Portsmouth West (OH) in the regular season 14-28. Russell had a very talented team that year and eventually lost to state champion Breathitt Co 27-28 in which they lead virtually the entire game and arguably should have won. The game was at Breathitt also. Portsmouth got blown out in the state finals 45-13 by Kenton, OH. I saw both games and clearly the Ohio schools were superior. The thread that Ram provided is a good read.
  5. I think Raceland may have a better squad, so I'll pick them, but I expect it to be fairly tight. I'm real excited for football season.
  6. It will be a great tune-up for the playoffs for Russell. Plus it will be good for the gate $.
  7. I left a little early so I didn't see everything. I believe Cabell led on the scoreboard by 1 score when we left. Cabell seemed to have good team speed. Russell's defense played well in spurts but then would give up the big play. They seemed Susceptible to the pass, especially the long pass play. I thought their QB had too much time to look down field. Their offense also looked good at times, but then they would go a series and not really move it that much. Jones looked sharp especially rolling out of the pocket. He hit some good passes and I thought Russell's receivers ran disciplined routes. (Especially for this early) They seemed eager to hit the defender after the catch. :thumb: I didn't see their first scrimage so I can't gauge how much they improved but I don't see any cause for alarm. They looked good IMO for this early. Ivan has the ability to bring a team along at the right speed.
  8. I heard 6 from one of the students, Don't know how reliable that is though.
  9. I'm with you on the tougher regular season. This will help immensley.
  10. Belfry and Brethitt Co. were always tough.
  11. Shooter- Any word on Indy spiece heat 16U from Fort Wayne? I went to Eddie Fords hoop fest in Louisville a couple of weeks ago and watched a friend of mine play.
  12. The Daily Independent in Ashland, I also believe there is a Greenup Co. Times.
  13. I think he will prosper at Marshall, Good Fit! Congratulations
  14. Anything can happen, but in the last meeting Raceland played a fantastic game but Russell just had too much talent. IMO Russel 62 Raceland 51
  15. One of the better articles I've ever read, Thanks!
  16. I wouldn't call Russell an underdog:D
  17. I heard it will be on My Z TV which is chanel 17 on Adelphia in Ashland
  18. I totally agree FBALL, it sets a poor example for your team who you are suppose to be the leader for
  19. I meant to add that Russell played a lot of prevent once they built a lead and hence allowed OC some additional yards.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.