Everything posted by pastmyprime
-
Who gets the NDA job?
Sonny Crockett: Pretty sure it is Bev Smith (Derek's sister) coaching the Lady Trains.
-
Simon Kenton/Newport Central Catholic (@ Nippert) Predictions
Does anyone know if this will be on the radio or webcast?
-
Newport Central Catholic/Dixie Predictions
What's wrong with Brown?
-
Bishop Brossart 2009/2010
When and where was it announced that Ray Kues will not be coaching at the Grove? If that is the case, I would guess Bev Smith (Derek's sister) would be in line since she is teaching there now.
-
Top Coaches in the 9th?
It's about time someone included Brannen. In 3 years, he has won the All A twice and the district twice.
-
Mike Flynn to be Highlands next basketball coach?
He coached there before Holmes-not sure if they won the region or not.
-
Bellevue 2009/2010
I believe Beechwood and Dayton are on the same side as Newport and St. Henry. HC would play the winner of Villa/NewCath. Bellevue is also on NewCath's side, and I think Heritage is also.
-
Bellevue 2009/2010
Agreed on the Grove. I was going to lump them into a hypothetical South Campbell. They really could go either way. Not to hijack the thread, but with each superintendent making over 100K, I am shocked how these smaller schools can survive. As for Beau, I hope it is true he got it. He has a lot of enthusiasm and can relate to the kids. I sure hope they will give him a chance.
-
Bellevue 2009/2010
Has there ever been much talk into combining Newport, Bellevue and Dayton into a North Campbell High School?
-
Highlands Coaching Candidates?
I would imagine if their is a committee that Kenny Shields is on it, along with Mueller and the principal of course.
-
Highlands Coaching Candidates?
My guess would be Schumate, Mike Flynn, Brad Carr, Damon Kelley and Feldman (current JV coach).
-
What BGP member has the most Basketball Knowledge?
Hand meet back, back meet hand. Letting the patting begin.
-
Who will be the next head coach at Fleming County?
I believe he was a walk-on at Morehead. I am thinking he may have played for one of the Letcher County schools.
-
Highlands Coaching Candidates?
Does Feldman teach at Highlands?
-
Sad state of the Covington school systems.
These kids deserve to have rings, and I am all for that. My only thought is that didn't the 9th region schools get more money this year than previous from the tourney being at the BOKC? It is my understanding that the first round winners got $1000 and then it increased with each game won. I would think by them winning the region, combined with the increased share, it would help the cause. At the same time, the Cov. district is on state financial watch, along with Newport. Please let us know if an online link is available for donations.
-
Willie Schlarman: Did He Coach His Last Game at Highlands Today?
^ I would have to say Mike Code would be the favorite. This could cause a major domino effect in N.KY.
-
West Jessamine 51 Hazard 40
Why did Campbell quit?
-
Hazard/West Jessamine Updates
http://www.soft96.com Maysville's station
-
Length of the court in the Sweet 16
I should know this, but do they shorten the court to the high school length or keep it the college length? I am thinking they keep it at the college length. I think this could be very important this week, especially for the teams in the bottom bracket that don't go 8 or 9 deep.
-
Willie Schlarman: Did He Coach His Last Game at Highlands Today?
I could be wrong, but Matt Mason and Randy Stegman are the only 2 that I can remember to play all 3 as seniors. Mason had an absolute canon.
-
Northern Kentucky Bball Coaches Assoc. Awards?
Looks like it was yesterday: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3a3dc4dafd-046b-490a-bafe-c5ae8b99db9b&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com
-
Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.
Is Dan Trame at WV now?
-
Former Silver Grover on National TV tomorrow
It was just announced that Corey was named to the WVIAC 2nd team. He was a member of the all frosh team last year. Congrats to Corey! I am sure all the Grovers are very proud of you. http://wviac.org/News/mbball/2009/3/2/mbkballconf30209.asp?path=mbball
-
Players to watch in the 9th Region Tourney
I would say 14 assists against Highlands is seeing the court pretty well. Not to mention being #2 in the region in assists.
-
Former Silver Grover on National TV tomorrow
statmanhensley Congrats to a great season. I have heard many wonderful things baout Corey's play on the court but I will have to say that it helps being on a team in the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. The WVIAC is hands down the worst non-HBCU conference in all of Division II athletics. I do accept that there are a couple decent teams in that conference but including in all of the schools in that conference, I give them an F on overall talent. When you have schools in there that couldn't beat a high school team, then something is wrong. That conference needs to leave DII and go back to the NAIA. Today 05:50 PM They played Bellarmine to a 3 point game at a neutral site. What did NKU do in each of their games? I'll agree that the bottom 5 in the WVIAC are very bad, but they have had 3 teams ranked in the top 25 this year.