Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.

There is already a similar thread that is about coaches retiring, but it wasn't getting many responses. So, what about coaches who are retiring, leaving, switching jobs, fired, on the hot seat. This is not intended to get the rumors flying, but to try and get a jump start on some of the changes to take place.

The other thread mentioned Harrison Co and Elliot Co most likely headed for a change. Who else?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell Co has only won one game under their new coach this year. There could be change after this year. Seems like they have changed coaches alot lately.

I believe he will be given time to get going. The admin. is behind him and his biggest problem has been some of the players left from previous years had such bad attitudes they couldn't handle the discipline. The school wants a new direction and needed someone who would not back down to the kids or the parents. Hang in there Coach Hall:clap:

The Lafayette faithful are starting to get restless I hear. Maybe last night's win against HC gave coach some breathing room. I still hear people are wanting a change over there.

Also hearing Walton Verona up north is gonna be looking for a coach next year?

I also hear that Hicks is looking to get out of Bath County. He is losing everything.

Silver Grove? That's news to me. Coach Sharp has done an excellent job with the talent he has. His kids play very hard and are well prepared for every game. Not only that, but Matt holds the kids accountable and instills discipline, which is very lacking at SGHS. They just won at Augusta last week. I don't think people realize how tough it is to win when you only have 30 boys in the ENTIRE high school. Good luck to the school administrators if they think they can find someone better.

I don't see moves at Silver Grove or Bourbon Co unless the coaches themselves were to make the decision to leave.

I have heard that Coach Barr will retire at Paris and that Reitz is considering it but nothing has been decided yet.

The Lafayette faithful are starting to get restless I hear. Maybe last night's win against HC gave coach some breathing room. I still hear people are wanting a change over there.

Also hearing Walton Verona up north is gonna be looking for a coach next year?

I also hear that Hicks is looking to get out of Bath County. He is losing everything.

Would not be shocked to see Hicks skip Bath for a bigger job if he can land one.

Is the guy from Heritage Academy planning to stay? Was he kind of thrown into the coaching role? Is Sharp from Silver Grove going to be looking elsewhere?

Heritage's coach is the principal. I think that must keep him busy doing both but they took their time looking for a new hc after last season.