Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.

Gone for sure.:clap: Greg Adkins will be the Head man next year.:clap:

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Greg, even though Im jumping the gun. He's paid his dues and is a class individual.:thumb:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see moves at Silver Grove or Bourbon Co unless the coaches themselves were to make the decision to leave.

I have heard that Coach Barr will retire at Paris and that Reitz is considering it but nothing has been decided yet.

Barr retiring at Paris?

I couldn't see Reitz retiring from coaching.

Barr retiring at Paris?

I couldn't see Reitz retiring from coaching.

Yes, Coach Barr is planning to retire from coaching at the end of this season per some pretty good sources.

Reitz's son is a senior. He's got plenty of years in teaching. I'd say he will try to work out a deal where he only coaches - no teaching, but that's just speculation on my part.

Yes, Coach Barr is planning to retire from coaching at the end of this season per some pretty good sources.

Reitz's son is a senior. He's got plenty of years in teaching. I'd say he will try to work out a deal where he only coaches - no teaching, but that's just speculation on my part.

I could see Reitz doing that. Are there any coaches that do that now?

Could it be a Pike County native who coached a team in the Sweet 16 last season?

Pike Central:

#1 Choice Kelly Wells - Already said thanks but no thanks

#2 Choice Allen Hatcher - Offer on table, but he is playing them to see what kind of money they will offer, but going to say no thanks when its all said and done

#3 Choice Eddie Whitaker - In hopes he will bring his son with him, but he will say no thanks and stay put at Hazard.

#4 Choice - The left overs, the administration think this is a highly sought after job and will find out when they look for a new boy's coach. Same thing happened last year when they ran their girl's coach off.

Edited by UKYBBALL
Addition

Who are the front runners for the Paris Job? I hear 2 names: One is an assistant on staff and the other is the middle school coach. The middle school coach has been claiming for the last 2 years that he will be the next coach. The rumor mill has the assistant as the leading candidate. Anyone from Paris validate these rumors or put them to rest?