Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a coach can't always change his whole system because a few Seniors can't run it. Players have to learn how to run it and it will take a year or so.

Coaches need many strategies to make a team successful. If he stays I guess we will have to see how well the "system of run and gun" works with the younger players. These are good kids. For their sake I hope it works out and BC is competitive again.

By the way, you never did say who the "top" was.

I've heard the same story about someone at the "top," unfortunately for the Boyd County faithful; I don't see a proud return of this once great program anytime soon. It really is a shame that a school that is the largest in the 16th Region can't be competitive. I am not sure about Wooten be the man for the job, but as they say sometimes a coach needs a year or so to get his program in order.

June Buchanan notified First Year Head Coach Josh Cook that they would not be renewing his coaching contract next year. Reason JBS Admintsration gave was they were going to a Voluntary Head Coach and Staff. This is after Cook took a program that was falling apart and had a great season 18 wins-10 losses. 14 th region runners-up in All "A" tourn. losing to Hazard. Good luck to Josh Cook IMO will have a opportunity after his record to coach again in the near fiture.

June Buchanan notified First Year Head Coach Josh Cook that they would not be renewing his coaching contract next year. Reason JBS Admintsration gave was they were going to a Voluntary Head Coach and Staff. This is after Cook took a program that was falling apart and had a great season 18 wins-10 losses. 14 th region runners-up in All "A" tourn. losing to Hazard. Good luck to Josh Cook IMO will have a opportunity after his record to coach again in the near fiture.

Would Cook volunteer for that job next year?

Just stand in one of the concourses at Rupp this week or better yet at the Hyatt Bar and you can see some jobs being brokered and some deals going down. The rumors floating around and watching the coaching carousel move is one of the best parts of the "Sweet 16."

Boy, you got that right! As a fan of Mercer Co. I hope that what I heard is true and that they are going to "clean the bench" at Mercer. Speculation has long been that head coach Nelson Cundiff is going to be let go. Odviousely, former Harrodsburg head coach and current assistant coach at Mercer, Spencer Tatum, would like to have the job. The hope here is that they do not go this route as it would not help improve the program.

I heard 2 good rumors at the State Tourney this past week concerning this job. 1. Don Irvine current coach at Burgin 2. A current coach at a State Tourney team that I will not name due to his current situation. Both of these "rumors" come from VERY good sources of whom I do not doubt one bit.

Whoever takes over this program will be stepping into a very good situation. New gym, a community that is waiting for a winner and good upcoming talent (the JV team went undefeated and won the region tournament).

Griesser from Montgomery, Hundley from Montgomery, two of three, don't know third.

Griesser, really? I can't see him going to Harrison, but what do I know.

I'm assuming long time assistant Larry Kendall would be interested in the job as well.

Did I just completely miss something here? Is this all speculation, or has Reitz resigned? Haven't seen where he has resigned.......just curious

Griesser is still driving back and forth from Scott daily, getting ready to have another child, Harrison is at least 25 minutes closer to home than Montgomery, plus Harrison has bunches of talent back next year, Montgomery will be rebuilding for at least next two years.:rolleyes:

1. Reitz has not resigned. My bet is that he retires from teaching but continues as the head coach at Harrison

2. Hundley may have some interest, but the talk of Griesser making this move is out of left field.

Montgomery does lose a lot and will be young, but Harrison loses 4 starters and only played 6 kids all year. I don't see the difference.

g

I believe he will be given time to get going. The admin. is behind him and his biggest problem has been some of the players left from previous years had such bad attitudes they couldn't handle the discipline. The school wants a new direction and needed someone who would not back down to the kids or the parents. Hang in there Coach Hall:clap:

Coach Hall was let loose from Breathitt Co. 3 yrs. ago after having a off yr. The Supt. Mr. Turner brought in Steve Banks and that was one of the biggest mistakes ever. Coach Hall does a good job and I hope the ones down in Station understands what a good Coach and person Mr. Hall is.