Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bud_Kilmer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer

  1. Congrats Tornado! Hope they make some noise next week!
  2. I was told he was contact traced. Doesn’t have it but was by someone at school who did.
  3. Mayfield brought it and played a heck of a game. No doubt the better team tonight. It was an all system failure for Murray. I heard their fullback got quarantined and I think that threw off some timing. So many turnovers leading straight to Mayfield points. The Cardinal offense was outstanding tonight. Murray couldn’t get any drives going then muffed two pouch kicks that destroyed them. Good luck to Mayfield!
  4. I think that had to do more With Lex Christian being a much more talented team.
  5. Looks like its going to be cold, windy and wet. I wonder how this will effect both teams?
  6. I probably shouldve worded the thread like this: If before the start of a season, assuming you didnt know anything about the rosters of a particular team, you had to bet which teams were most likely to be in a state championship. Not saying this year in particular but just in general. That is how I got to my first 5 teams on the list especially.
  7. Balancing the past with the recent/present is tough as well as distinguishing between multiple great programs. Male is certainly the best team in the state this year too. I put them at 7 because Trinity and St.X get in the way alot. Remember that ranking was not a ranking of which programs are best but which would you be least surprised to see in a state championship on a year in and year out basis. I dropped Highlands way lower than I would have if I ranked based off history. Right now I would be surprised to see Highlands in a championship because of their mediocrity over the last 6 years, which to me is a trend.
  8. Its tough, I could see replacing Beechwood for Boyle or Highlands.
  9. You are probably right, and I probably put too much emphasis on Highlands 38-34 record over the last 6 seasons. But as I stated earlier, I want the focus to be on the 20 teams as a whole and not the way I ranked them which could be debated for months. Some people might rank them on number of champiosnhips, other might go off winning percentage or recent success. Maybe the Mount Rushmore would cause more controversy lol. I'll say Trinity, Highlands, Mayfield, Boyle County.
  10. Ive decided to create the big 20 group of bluegress prep football royalty. To be on the list you need to be a program that people would be least surprised to see in a state championship. These programs go into almost every season expecting a shot. I factored decade winning percentages, state titles, etc. This list does not reflect the current year but a larger sample size of the last 20-30 years. However they might lean to the trends of the last few years. The following list is my ranking, but the 20 schools included is more important than the rankings that could be much more subjective. Give your thoughts. 1. Trinity 2. Boyle County 3. Mayfield 4. Johnson Central 5. Pikeville 6. Covington Catholic 7. Male 8. Beechwood 9. Belfry 10. Bowling green 11. CAL 12. South Warren 13. St. X 14. Lexington Christian 15. Highlands (last few years has moved them down) 16. Danville 17. Central 18. Lexington Catholic 19. Corbin 20. Desales Knocking on the door: Scott Scounty, Frederick Douglass, Owensoboro, Hazard
  11. I like the idea, but are you saying these bowl games would happen 4 weeks after the conclusion of the regular season at thanksgiving. That’s a long time! I love the old school tradition of thanksgiving games though
  12. I think the cross districting format is much better. I also like the idea of traditional struggling programs to go independent and schedule any 10 competitive games they want including teams who are not independent. But if you are independent you do not qualify for playoffs. That probably complicates a lot though. No easy answer to any of it. There are not enough private schools to isolate them, and a lot of teams who will always struggle. It is a rare thing in this state for a non traditional power to make a run and win a ring.
  13. I could see the rematch going either way, but Union is good. I like their balance. Think I’ll end up picking them.
  14. With Murray’s style of play, it will be really hard to beat them by that margin. They chew a ton of clock. Hard to see it not being pretty close again.
  15. Have to get balance back in the city. It’s been gone since Douglass came into existence
  16. True, OCath's reward for getting out of their poor district is a Lexington Christian buzzsaw. They just lost too many reg season games.
  17. This will be a tight game that could go either way. Think the rain hurt Murray with some turnovers and they did not open up the playbook hardly at all. I think they’ll have a good plan and take the rematch. Murray - 21 Caldwell - 14
  18. I think the underachieving label comes from the numerous 4 star players they have had, dominating other lex schools, dropping down a class and still not winning a championship. They are arguably the most talented team in the state outside of Male. They just don’t seem to win the big games.
  19. I kinda agree, I might leave it up to a team vote though.
  20. Nice! Hypothetical: if Owensboro wins the state championship, do you give Wimsatt a ring?
  21. He’ll probably end up with better offers but hope Murray State goes after him hard.
  22. I would want to see a lot more of a 14 pt margin if I wanted to think GC could make some noise in the playoffs.
  23. What are Mercer’s scholarship offers?
  24. Middlesboro is undefeated in 2A
  25. Honestly not shocked here. Boyle is established, disciplined and championship caliber year after year. FD is just a really good version of any ole Lexington public school. All flash, not much discipline, etc.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.