Hopkinsville 34 Paducah Tilghman 6

Tilghman played without Malachi Rider, arguably the best offensive weapon for the Tornado, but the Tigers would have been too much had he played. 

Tilghman's offense since the 2 weeks off with all the Covid cases has never even come close to replicating the early season success. 

I don't ever recall such a massive difference from a first to second half of a season. The play calling is completely different and the play on the field doesn't look even remotely close to what it was. 

This is definitely not how they wanted to go to the playoffs and given how they move the ball lately, they won't proceed very far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Socially Distanced said:

Could of used a few of those unavoidable 70pts from last week. 

They definitely could have used them. You also gotta remember the Tilghman offense only had 215 yards of offense last week, probably as few as you'll ever see in a game like that. 

3 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

The Tigers played really well and Super JR Daisjaun Mercer was all over the field. 

The Tigers seem to be hitting their stride just in time for the postseason. 

Hopkinsville needs to clean up on some of the penalties, but if they can keep the offense going, they'll have a chance to beat some people. 

6 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

Hopkinsville needs to clean up on some of the penalties, but if they can keep the offense going, they'll have a chance to beat some people. 

Achilles heel all year. Up and down offensively but have been playing well on that side of the ball lately. 

15 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

The Tigers played really well and Super JR Daisjaun Mercer was all over the field. 

The Tigers seem to be hitting their stride just in time for the postseason. 

I love Mercer. So dynamic on all sides of the ball. I’ve said for weeks I think this team will play in the semifinals. 

9 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

Should Logan Co be concerned?

Absolutely. Hopkinsville has better athletes but will need to maintain discipline. This is a rivalry that seems to play out differently in the postseason than in the regular season. 

1 hour ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

What are Mercer’s scholarship offers?

Just EKU as of now but I’d be willing to bet things change soon. That kid is special. He will be a Mr Football Candidate next year.