Murray vs. Caldwell County Predictions/Updates

The Tiger Bowl II  

22 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

5sga52.thumb.jpg.5337473e58fc74fa3ffe536e14b026ff.jpg

Murray plays host to a top 10 Tiger tussle

Records: Murray (7-2), Caldwell County (7-3)

BGP Ranking: Murray (#7 in 2A), Caldwell County (#6 in 2A)

Series History: Murray leads 9-7 dating back to 1998

Table Setter: With both teams ranked and the six point margin of the first meeting, this is easily one of the top first round games around the state. Back in Week 9, Caldwell County controlled the action for three and a half quarters, holding a 20-0 lead before Murray broke a couple of long touchdowns in the final minutes. Time was not on Murray's side, as the clock expired with the scoreboard reading 20-14 in favor of the Tigers from Princeton. Aside from the two long scores by Murray, it was a contest dictated by defense and Caldwell's special teams.

Historically, Murray and Caldwell County has been a highly competitive series, including the last three meetings that have been decided by one score each. Expect nothing less this week.

This will be the sixth time they've met in a playoff rematch in the last ten years. Murray has won the last four such occasions. 

This will be a tight game that could go either way. Think the rain hurt Murray with some turnovers and they did not open up the playbook hardly at all. I think they’ll have a good plan and take the rematch.

Murray   -   21

Caldwell  -   14

@Bud_Kilmer, I like your prediction more than @WKY_Football's. I've got nothing against Caldwell County, but I would much prefer the hype and build-up to a Murray/Mayfield rematch. A Murray win here significantly ups the entertainment value at BGP for that week, lol.

Regardless of who wins, this should be in contention for the best game of the opening round. May the best Tiger win.

In the first meeting, turnovers, and Caldwell's D-Line dictated the game.  Murray had four turnovers (3 deep in their own field) vs Caldwell's 1.  Off of those 4 Murray turnovers, Caldwell capitalized for 13 points.  Their only other score came on the first play of the second half when Caldwell's QB made a zone read, broke two tackles and found pay-dirt 79 yards (or so) later!  Outside of that, offense for both Tigers were nonexistent.  

Just like Murray is a bad matchup for Mayfield, Caldwell seems to be a bad matchup for Murray.  The home team will have to make several adjustments to be able to move the ball on Caldwell's defense.  Murray is playing the best defense they have showed all year.  With that being said.  This will be another classic, hard hitting contest between these two teams.  Murray has won the last four playoff games and I don't believe Friday will be any different.

Murray 21

Caldwell 13

• Like 1