Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

maysvilleky

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by maysvilleky

  1. Scott High may be flying "under the radar" on the discussion board, but I know the 10th region teams are very aware of them and the talent. Especially the top 2 girls...they can play. They aren't going to sneak up on anyone.
  2. Mason County returns 8 seniors and 2 juniors as their top 10. 1 of the senior girls is hurt and may not be available for some time, and they lost one of their reserves from last year who transfered out of state. Their top ranked player, Whitney O'Mara has verballed to Bellarmine. They have other girls who will be able to play college ball at some level if they so choose. 2 years ago this same group made it to the semi-finals of the State Tournament. They have the talent to do it again if they play together as a team. This will be Coach Cox's second year with this bunch so hopefully he has a good feel of what they do well and what they need to work on. I know the girls have been working hard in the weight room and conditioning this off season. Mason County has put together a very challenging schedule (including games in a prestigious South Carolina tournament, a game in New Castle, Indiana, and games against some of the top teams in the state. So it wouldn't surprise me if they lose a handful more games than they did last year, but it should make them stronger come tournament time. In short, if they play to their potential as a team, they should have a very good shot to return to the State Tourney. But the 10th Region won't be a cakewalk and if they overlook anyone, they can be beat. Sumo can probably add a lot more than I can. He probably has more inside info.
  3. Lewis should be pretty good in the 16th region. I think their main loss was the Fite girl who was their primary shooter. They have some size and Coach Fite does a good job with them.
  4. It's definitely hard in Middle School when you have 12 year olds playing against 15 year olds!
  5. Good info...Thanks. Explains why it just mentions SAT/ACT prep classes and the need to redshirt even if they get picked up by a college. With it only being established in May of this year, I think it's all brand new. They probably only have the 1 team this year. Now the question is...Will TNG last long term?
  6. I would like to see the state of KY produce more high D1 talent. Overall talent level has been down for several years.
  7. Funding must come from sponsorships (i.e. shoes, clothes, etc.) but I wonder how a 1st year program gets set up? I also wonder if there is any classwork that goes along with this or is it strictly playing basketball? And I wonder why a kid would have to redshirt the first year if he does go to college? Makes you wonder how legit this really is.
  8. I think beating Bourbon in Paris is a tough challenge. I say Bourbon will win by a couple TDs.
  9. I like this very much. I think you should send it in as a "Letter to the Editor" to local papers for more exposure. I think there is a good chance the Maysville Ledger Independent would publish this.
  10. Most Freshman I think will be 14 or turn 15 during the school year. So he does seem to be a year or two older than the norm.
  11. I lived there for 8 years when my dad was stationed there a couple of times. Hawaii just becomes a chain of Islands when you live there. It's a long way from the mainland. And they are right that the native Hawaiians aren't really fond of the "howlies".
  12. KY seems to produce it's fair share of low/mid-D1 players. Who's going to be the next Elite player?
  13. It's not that unusual to see a female kicker these days. Mason County actually had 2 (Baity twins) a while back. One did the FG kicking and the other handled the kickoffs. There's even a TV commercial now. Good for them.
  14. I'm going to say the opposite...If HS ball doesn't matter much to college recruiting, then what difference does it make what HS you play at? I don't want to see HS kids transfering all over the place taking away HS opportunities for kids who grew up in the school system and teams loading up with transfers to try to win the state tournament. HS shouldn't have a recruiting system like college. I wish that the KHSAA would allow 1 transfer after a kid starts playing varsity ball and that's all unless there is an immediate family change situation (and I don't believe in a Coach gaining guardianship if there is an available relative). JMHO.
  15. I wonder why there isn't a KHSAA standard season for girls Middle School Basketball. Mason County and several schools in the area are already playing their seasons (started in August and will be done by early October). Most of the NKY schools don't even start until Oct/Nov. I know we have smaller schools that bigger areas, but I think it limits who the teams can play. I think the Middle School team only has a 12 game schedule this year.
  16. Is the kid playing pro ball? Really...40 days for baseball? That's outrageous.
  17. Really no girl on Mason County is going to have a huge stat line for the year. They are a balanced team and will have multiple leading scorers and rebounders for the various games. O'Mara gets the most pub and rightly so, but the other girls all can play.
  18. I hope you are right, but I don't see 3 more wins on the schedule. Especially being at North Laurel, I believe NL wins fairly easily.
  19. IMO Briana McNutt is the best player in the 10th that no one is really giving much credit to. I look for her to have a big year.
  20. Rowan was competitive early. But they got beat by the big plays and then once they got behind, the energy level dropped significantly for them. On the flip side, Mason County was definitely energized by the successes. Hopefully they can hold on to those positives and carry them on to the next game.
  21. Great article. Hope this year's version of the Royals have the same type of turnaround and commitment to succeed.
  22. FWIW...The transfer "rumors" did not start in Mason County. It has been discussed in BGP earlier. Igo from MC was definitely one transfer, then supposedly a girl from NKY and another girl. I didn't have their names. I get all my info on BGP :ylsuper: so that's where the "rumor" started.
  23. Surprised Scherr is rated that low if it's based on college potential. Evidently she already has some big time offers.
  24. Unfortunately one team's gain is another team's loss. Mason County is going in the opposite direction. Team excitement is going down fast for both the fans and the players. Mercer definitely got the best end of the deal.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.