Everything posted by maysvilleky
-
Rose Hill Christian 86 Menifee County 81
Is there another OJ Mayo at Rose Hill?
-
Rule clarification
Unless the ball was inbounded prior to the TO being called. Then it would be a spot throw in. The refs may have also determined the 2nd person did not establish himself out of bounds before catching the ball. Just like a person jumping in bounds has to establish themselves before taking the pass.
-
Mason County 69 Bracken County 24
Yep...Very good game for the Lady Royals.
-
Mason County 69 Bracken County 24
Final. Running clock at halftime.
-
All "A" Classic State Tournament Brackets Announced
Thanks for the help RCC9! It certainly isn't like any other tournament or classic in the state. I mean every region has participants that have to play in to reach the "the All A Classic".
-
Bracken County @ Mason County Dec 13 predictions
Just FYI...This is a boy/girl double header. Girls play first game. I am taking the home team in both games. I think Mason has a little more firepower in both games (even with Lofton out).
-
All "A" Classic State Tournament Brackets Announced
You really don't think they would? If a tournament was organized and omitted the All A schools, you don't think that would cause a stink?
-
Inside the 16th Region Rankings - Week 2
Did West lose a player? Maybe a suspension? Just caught a comment through a conversation with a relative.
-
Mercer County 78 Mason County 57
Mason came out trying to press Mercer and that was definitely the wrong strategy. Trying to scramble gave Mercer many open or easy looks. Once Mason got out of the press and went to half court defense, they played very even with Mercer. I will say this about Mercer, they can knock down an open look! Every time Mason made a run, Mercer seemed to hit a big three. And I don't know if they missed more than 2 - 3 free throws all night. If Mason plays with the intensity they played with in the last 3 quarters, they will do fine. If they play with the intensity that they did against Ryle, they can be beat by anyone.
-
Scott 73 Ryle 67
Against Mason County, Douthit started. I don't know if she has been or if she is in Sherr's spot for now. FWIW...I heard Scherr could be out several weeks. Hope she comes back with full recovery.
-
Mason County @ Mercer County predictions (12/10)
If Mason doesn't play any better than last night against Ryle, it could get ugly. I expect they will be more ready, but I still think Mercer has too much.
-
Ryle 52 Mason County 49
Ryle played with great effort. MC thought they could shoot their way back into the game but never did. Their scrambling press also was not as effective as it should have been. Something is just not clicking with the Lady Royals. I don't know if they are looking towards big games or trying to coast to the districts and regionals or if there are any team issues. But don't take away anything from Ryle. They played with a lot of will to win!
-
Mason County @ Mercer County predictions (12/10)
At Mercer will be a tough one to pull off. I think it gives a definite edge to Mercer.
-
Manual 97 Portland Christian 7
I thought there was a rule that allowed for games to be ended if there was an agreement by both Coaches?
-
Bourbon County 86 Mason County 79 OT
Sumo...Did Mason use more than 7 players? I think depth for them is definitely going to be an issue.
-
Olivia Schalk (Newport Catholic) out for the season
Sad to hear. Hate if for any kid have something like that happen.
-
Paris 53 Montgomery County 49
From the game or from the actual team? If confirmed from the team that would be a dagger for Paris IMO.
-
Bourbon County 86 Mason County 79 OT
MC still has a lot of room to get better this year. Depth and rebounding are the definitely areas of concern IMO.
-
Mason County 55 Holmes 44
Yes...Mason did play a zone. Both a 2 - 3 and a 3 - 2. I think they played more zone than man to man. They just played a lot of help and match up and trapping out of it, so it looked like it was man, but they definitely were out in zone defenses. Airborne if you recall Holmes held for the last shot in the first 3 quarters and Mason was in a zone then. They tried for the steal a couple of times, but they were definitely in zones then.
-
2017 10th Region Class "A" Draw
Is it still Paris and Bracken? Or will anyone else pull off an upset? Nicholas?
-
Showcase at Dixie Saturday 12/3
I agree...The organizers I thought did a good job of creating local interest with local/regional teams, a few out of town KY teams, and then to bring truly National talent teams/kids. In talking with Doug Pelphrey who helped organize it, they had a few teams drop out late that caused them to scramble the schedule some. But for a 1st year event, I thought it was very well organized. I hope it continues and Mason County gets to continue to be a part of it (although we will have some growing pains after this year).
-
Mason County 55 Holmes 44
Holmes liked to spread the floor and any time they had Mason out of shape, they did a good job of going to the rim. Englemon (#15) is a good player, as I said there was a college coach there talking with her and her mom after the game. I didn't catch what school. But good win for Mason County. Their schedule is brutal this year, so as long as they don't wear down too much, they should be battle tested come district/regional time.
-
Russell 63 East Carter 48
That's a little surprising to me. I thought East was the class of the 16th.
-
Mason County 55 Holmes 44
I thought McNutt's defense on Englemon in the 4th quarter was the difference. When we switched McNutt to her I think her quickness and length bothered Englemon. And I think fatigue caught up with Holmes. Holmes evidently only has 5 girls that don't play JV. There were college coaches in attendance last night. I saw them speaking with O'Mara, Boone, and Englemon, but I don't recall any of them speaking with McNutt. I don't understand why she is under-appreciated.
-
BGP Girls 2016-2017 Week 1 Top 20
#15 Holmes at #7 Mason County tonight (12/5) at Fieldhouse. JV 6/V 7:30.