Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

maysvilleky

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by maysvilleky

  1. New Coach with a very young team. Look for them to struggle.
  2. Mason County plays a lot of games vs NKY schools this year so it should be fun to watch some of the match ups: MC @ Dixie Heights - 12/3 Holmes @ MC - 12/5 MC @ Ryle - 12/8 MC @ Boone Co. - 12/16 MC @ Highlands - 1/12/17 Campbell Co. @ MC - 1/28 MC @ Scott High - 1/31 MC @ Simon Kenton - 2/11
  3. There need to be rules and they need to be enforced to keep it as fair as possible for everyone else that plays by the rules. If a kid transfers legitimately, I have NO problem. If they transfer outside of the rules then they shouldn't be allowed to play at least not initially. College has their rules and the NBA has their draft. As was mentioned before...If you go with the Ohio Rule where you sit out for so many games or percent of the season after transferring regardless of the situation, then I'd be okay with that.
  4. I'm not sure if I like the 8 team tournaments for the Murph Classic. I am not sure the teams that travel and then wind up having to play the 1pm game really have all that much fun and fan support. You play in a big gym like the Fieldhouse with 200 fans and it just doesn't generate much excitement.
  5. I think this may be leading to a boy and girls brackets of the Murph Classic. I think Coach Cox mentioned it on his podcast interview with Danny Weddle. They would like to have 8 teams of boys and 8 teams of girls and use the 2 gyms. I just don't think they could get it together for this year.
  6. See...He' not a legit 7 footer! :ylsuper:
  7. ChiefSmoke...What are your suggestions on how to get players out for the program? I don't see it getting any better? And Mason County just won't be able to compete at the Class 4 level without more bodies?
  8. TAC...I agree 100%. I was just looking at it from the recruiting and scholarship standpoint when I made my statement. But if they aren't having fun then it's not worth it.
  9. RCC9...You're probably thinking of our Jr backup point guard AJ Reed. My daughter is an incoming freshman. She was the only 8th grader on the varsity roster last year. She just played a few minutes in varsity action. She's had the opportunity to work with our Senior class girls since she was in the 5th grade. They have treated her fantastic. Couldn't ask for a better group of girls for her to be with. Doubt she sees much varsity action this year, but it's the learning experience that will help her down the road.
  10. Sumo...I think I'm going to like this format better than the 8 team boys tournament.
  11. Per Danny Weddle's twitter: Danny Weddle ‏@DannyEWeddle 4h4 hours ago Mason Co. senior Nick Nelson will sign to play baseball at Xavier Nov. 14th at 3:30 p.m Happy for the young man.
  12. I also want to add...the truth is...very few ladies (or guys) will ever make money playing basketball. So any scholarship that pays for their education should be the ultimate goal. And as others have stated, the best fit for your child may not be a D1 school. I think that's important to keep in mind.
  13. The above info is great. I think most of the time it's the parents that have the inflated expectations and translate that to their kids. I think that's a major part of the problem...They get their kids believing that they are more than what they are and they deserve to be recruited by the best. My daughter has had some great girls to learn from here at Mason County and I truly appreciate the opportunities she's been given to go against some of the best players in the 10th region. But she and I both know that she has to continue to work hard and get good grades to get any sort of scholarship. Do I think she can do it? Yes, but we both know it won't be handed to her. But I'll try to give her all the opportunity to make that happen. I think that's all I as a parent can do.
  14. 5 PRP 3 North Laurel 3 Mercer Co. 1 Bullitt Central 1 Butler 1 Collins 1 N. Hardin 1 Greenup 1 Greenwood 1 Spencer Tiebreaker 48
  15. Frodge, Boone, and McNutt did not play on a specific AAU team to my knowledge. Mason County had their own team that played in primarily GRBC tourneys. I think they won 4 or 5 of them. But as JJ stated there weren't many Coaches there to observe them playing.
  16. That ranking was for last season. I don't think we've seen a rankings for this season yet.
  17. In Ohio I don't think they are even allowed to play varsity which I think is unfair to the most talented. If they are able to, they should be allowed to.
  18. As long as they still have Niece they will be fine. They may have to start 4 guards.
  19. Is he a 1 year International Student abroad kid or did he select Johnson Central to play out his HS career? If so, how does a kid from Germany find Johnson Central to be his home?
  20. If they get a good "DRAW" they should be in contention to win the 39th district. But I don't think they will have the fire power to contend for a 10th region title this year. I think they will be pretty good from a starting 5, but I think depth will be a definite problem. This team will have to win on defense IMO.
  21. IMO the Fieldhouse isn't a stranger to any of the 10th region teams and is more centrally located. And for those that will claim it's an advantage for Mason County...It's definitely not been in the past several regional tournaments. I think it's good logistically for most teams. I do want to say Montgomery did a very good job last year.
  22. Definitely in my top 4 for the region.
  23. I'd say at this point it's done! Wish the young lady good luck and let's close out the thread so the verbal sparring stops. I wouldn't mind seeing a general discussion on how the KHSAA could implement a rule similar to Ohio that is applied in ALL transfer situations.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.