Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 2016-17

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2016/2017 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Ryle? Remember, please be constructive.

Wow nothing?

Can we get an accurate number of horns in the program?

Sacred Heart's first scrimmage is coming up on Nov 19th against Ryle at Bullitt East. What should we expect to see out of Ryle?

Sacred Heart's first scrimmage is coming up on Nov 19th against Ryle at Bullitt East. What should we expect to see out of Ryle?

 

Young but the youth are VERY athletic and some of them play a very high even of AAU. I would expect them to possibly struggle a little early until they all figure out their roles, etc.

 

However, in a scrimmage where's it's not as structured, they can be dangerous because they have several very quick ball handlers that can get to the rim.

 

I think once teams scout them and have game plans, they might start to struggle a little until they can combat some of the things I think teams will be able to do to them to slow them down.

 

Scherr and Schwartz are their best players. Frosh and sophomore. But McGregor may be the most athletic female in NKY. But hasn't played bball in a year. Douthit, although some don't give her credit will be an asset as well. All those players mentioned are frosh and Sophs. My gut tells me by the end of the year, they will need to be reckoned with.

Call me crazy, but I think Ryle is very under rated. I do think they will struggle early on, but will be a contender late in the season.

Mason will be coming to Union on December 8th.

Call me crazy, but I think Ryle is very under rated. I do think they will struggle early on, but will be a contender late in the season.

 

So it should be a competitive scrimmage with the talent level of Ryle. Good to hear.

Anxious to see how SHA will fare with their new additions along with the juniors.

Can we get an accurate number of horns in the program?

 

Have heard numbers are down also. 8th grader Bri Crittendon (sister of Xavier's Jenna) pulled up to help.

So it should be a competitive scrimmage with the talent level of Ryle. Good to hear.

Anxious to see how SHA will fare with their new additions along with the juniors.

 

I think this is not accurate. I think the world of Maddie and Lauren, they are top players. But Ryle will not be competitive with Sacred Heart. I watched Ryle get destroyed by Mercer County over the summer. (I know it's just summer ball). But SHA is the real deal, top 5 team in the state. Berger is a beast. I would not expect that scrimmage to be competitive at all.

Can we get an accurate number of horns in the program?

 

There are 15 players on the Lady Raider roster. Pretty typical (or better) than other programs and of Ryle in past years.

Have heard numbers are down also. 8th grader Bri Crittendon (sister of Xavier's Jenna) pulled up to help.

 

No idea what this 8th grader's talent level is but, possibly she was pulled up because of her skills? For the same reason her talented sister was pulled up? Not because the 'program is down'? And for the same reasons maddy Scherr, Lauren Schwartz, and McGregor were pulled up in 8th grade. (7th grade for Scherr who ended up as starting pg as 8th grader....)

 

Nothing new for Ryle or most other female programs.

I have seen many years of basketball, boys and girls, 8th graders may play on varsity but it is rare that a girl can physically handle the rigors of high school ball, sure there are exceptions but mainly in rural counties and it is tough for them to be competitive at that age game in and game out.

I have seen many years of basketball, boys and girls, 8th graders may play on varsity but it is rare that a girl can physically handle the rigors of high school ball, sure there are exceptions but mainly in rural counties and it is tough for them to be competitive at that age game in and game out.

 

The very best girls 8th graders usually have no problems

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.