Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 2016-17

Featured Replies

There are 15 players on the Lady Raider roster. Pretty typical (or better) than other programs and of Ryle in past years.

 

 

15 for varsity or 15 for varsity and JV?

In Ohio I don't think they are even allowed to play varsity which I think is unfair to the most talented. If they are able to, they should be allowed to.

In Ohio I don't think they are even allowed to play varsity which I think is unfair to the most talented. If they are able to, they should be allowed to.

You are correct, which is why OJ Mayo came to KY, one of the few states that allows middle schoolers to play on the high school team.

I still think it's silly, especially when all schools don't allow it, take Grace Berger from Sacred Heart for example, The couple of times I've seen her play she can score at Will yet she didn't start playing varsity til a freshman, Lindsay Duval from Bullitt East hit 1,000 points her freshman year. That doesn't make Duvall a better player.

Sacred Heart has too many weapons for Ryle to handle. I don't see this one being close.

I still think it's silly, especially when all schools don't allow it, take Grace Berger from Sacred Heart for example, The couple of times I've seen her play she can score at Will yet she didn't start playing varsity til a freshman, Lindsay Duval from Bullitt East hit 1,000 points her freshman year. That doesn't make Duvall a better player.

 

I hear what you're saying, but it sounds like the school and family made individual decisions that effected that.

I think Ryle needs some time to get everyone on the same page. But they could be pretty decent by March. As far as scrimmages go, it does not matter. coaches are looking to find many things about their own teams at this stage

I think this 8th grader will struggle if thrown into the varsity arena!!!!!

 

Not even a top 20 in the state in that class- needs work on left hand and outside shot needs to improve... up side plays quick and hard which has kept her a step ahead of the Nky girls but if the skill set does not improve they will catch up As we always see that they do .. what will be good is the Northern Kentucky freshman class for those who are not already playing JV or varsity is pretty weak so she will get some good productive minutes ... end of the day Ryle is thin and go 5-6 deep max . But teams better have their running shoes on !!!

Edited by Trainhard
Spelling

I think this 8th grader will struggle if thrown into the varsity arena!!!!!

 

Not even a top 20 in the state in that class- needs work on left hand and outside shot needs to improve... up side plays quick and hard which has kept her a step ahead of the Nky girls but if the skill set does not improve they will catch up As we always see that they do .. what will be good is the Northern Kentucky freshman class for those who are not already playing JV or varsity is pretty weak so she will get some good productive minutes ... end of the day Ryle is thin and go 5-6 deep max . But teams better have their running shoes on !!!

 

I like this team, but the depth is one of the things that would concern me. Playing that style, for the length of a varsity season, with a small amount of players, who really don't have varsity bodies yet will most likely take its toll. I wish this group had even one big and one more runner. (Well except when the play the Birds of course!)

You are correct .. will be a lot of fun to watch but not enough studs in the barn ... macgregor will help for sure but after the top 4 big drop off and with the aggressive style of basketball I think we will find them in foul trouble quite often !!!! A good discipline team with a guard that can handle and a big will give them fits as the lack of size will limit second chance opportunities and as we all know that is a big part of the game . Good luck to the Lady Raiders as they will be fun to watch

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.