Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 2016-17

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2016/2017 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Simon Kenton? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been mentioned before in other threads but SK girls will reign over the 8th this year. They have every part needed to make a strong run in the state tournament. Strong inside, excellent guards, Ally Niece, athletic shooting forwards, great depth and excellent coaching. I would be shocked if they finished the season outside of the top 10 teams in Kentucky this year.

Here's Simon Kentons roster as it appears in the KHSSA.

 

Nickname: Lady Pioneers

Coach: Jeffrey Stowers

 

Name

 

Position

 

Yr.

 

30 Megan Buckner G/F Jr. 15 Maggi Jones Guard Fr.

33 Rachel Bush G/F So. 44 Madi Meier Center Sr.

35 Macy Chenot Forward So. 55 Nicole Morrison Center Jr.

11 Laura Cox Guard/Forward Jr. 25 Allyson Niece G Jr.

45 Briana Dressman C Sr. 21 Morgan Stamper G Fr.

23 Kendyl Gilliam Guard Sr. 20 Mattie Vickers G Fr.

22 Shelby Harmeyer Forward Jr. 32 Abigail Zoeller G Sr.

12 Emma Jones Guard Jr.

Did they get Varney from Muhlenberg? I know that was rumored all summer long.

 

I don't believe Harney made a move anywhere.

I know it's been mentioned before in other threads but SK girls will reign over the 8th this year. They have every part needed to make a strong run in the state tournament. Strong inside, excellent guards, Ally Niece, athletic shooting forwards, great depth and excellent coaching. I would be shocked if they finished the season outside of the top 10 teams in Kentucky this year.

 

I hope you are right. I also hope that no one gets hurt. There is zero depth on this team.

Here's Simon Kentons roster as it appears in the KHSSA.

 

Nickname: Lady Pioneers

Coach: Jeffrey Stowers

 

Name

 

Position

 

Yr.

 

30 Megan Buckner G/F Jr. 15 Maggi Jones Guard Fr.

33 Rachel Bush G/F So. 44 Madi Meier Center Sr.

35 Macy Chenot Forward So. 55 Nicole Morrison Center Jr.

11 Laura Cox Guard/Forward Jr. 25 Allyson Niece G Jr.

45 Briana Dressman C Sr. 21 Morgan Stamper G Fr.

23 Kendyl Gilliam Guard Sr. 20 Mattie Vickers G Fr.

22 Shelby Harmeyer Forward Jr. 32 Abigail Zoeller G Sr.

12 Emma Jones Guard Jr.

 

Not even close to the roster for this season....most of these girls have moved on.

Not even close to the roster for this season....most of these girls have moved on.

 

"Most?"...as in how many and which ones have moved on?

I hope you are right. I also hope that no one gets hurt. There is zero depth on this team.

 

Well I guess if only being able to go to 9 or 10 is zero depth....

"Most?"...as in how many and which ones have moved on?

 

4... Morrison, Zoeller, Cox, and E. Jones

4... Morrison, Zoeller, Cox, and E. Jones

 

Don't know how that qualifies as "most" but...

4... Morrison, Zoeller, Cox, and E. Jones

 

As long as they still have Niece they will be fine. They may have to start 4 guards.

As long as they still have Niece they will be fine. They may have to start 4 guards.

You could be right.....who knows what tomorrow may bring.....

SK girls always revolve around guard play so 4 on the floor is nothing new.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.