Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

maysvilleky

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by maysvilleky

  1. 7 - Newport Central Catholic 5 - Highlands 3 - Mason County 2 - Bracken County 1 - St. Pat TB: Newport Central Catholic
  2. Last year I think they had some of the top 10 players in their classification in girls basketball. Should be many coaches there this year. They put on a good event.
  3. Actually you gave the Augusta argument as to why they SHOULD NOT seed. Taking a chance on not drawing Mason or Bracken was their best chance to win. Is that not the same objective you had? To win and advance? Until the KHSAA forces them to seed the district, it's pretty obvious why Augusta and St. Pat have voted against it. Not understanding that and "taking your ball and running home" makes Bracken look worse in the eyes of a lot. I fully understand Bracken's frustration. Mason has been on the losing side as well, but Bracken isn't going to force Augusta to change their minds by not playing them at Augusta.
  4. Are the boys playing the same days? If so that makes more sense. If it's just girls, then there seems to be an extra hour between games each day, so that had me confused. Thanks.
  5. So it looks like they are trying to clear the gym between the afternoon session and evening session for 12/28? What about day 2 with 5:30 and 8 pm games? Are they also clearing the gym then also?
  6. MC has a pretty solid kicker for PATs. I think he's only missed one all year. So I think I would have taken my chances in OT, but Coach Thomas thought going for win was their best option. Lack of depth is what is killing MC. They are just flat worn out by the end of the game. Many players are having to play virtually the whole game both ways.
  7. This was for volleyball...Is that correct? Does it apply to all sports? I think if I were St. Pat I might consider having the Vball tournament at the downtown Maysville gym. It's literally right around the corner from their school. They could walk from their school to the gym.
  8. Dec. 8th GRC at Campbell Co. should be a good one.
  9. Congrats to Lexi. She's one heck of a ball player.
  10. Mason had 4th and goal at the 2 yard line. Starting QB gets cramps so backup QB came in. Not sure why Coach didn't call a TO there to try to get his starting QB back in. But backup QB couldn't connect a pass to an open receiver in the end zone. Fleming takes the ball and marches down for winning score. Overall good ball game from both teams. Depth will be an issue for MC all year. LOTS of players playing both ways and lots of cramping issues cost players PT during the game.
  11. I think Premier and Competitive are 2 different things. I think there are 5 - 6 teams from 6A that would beat the top 5 - 6 teams from 2A. If any KY team gets national recognition it will be a 6A team. Thus they are the Premier class.
  12. I still think 6A is the premier class. 2A would be next. Honestly KY needs to have 4 classes IMO.
  13. Question...I'm sure Ally wants to, but as a parent or coach would you want her to play any more H.S. ball or have her do nothing but rehab and be 100% ready for the start of College ball?
  14. Sorry to see Tony go, but he wants to be able to spend more time watching his son play baseball. Thanks to Tony for the time he spent with the program.
  15. I vote for the Fieldhouse in Mason County! Could play the girls tourney at the downtown girls gym...Might need a shuttle service for parking there.
  16. FYI...Andy Clarke is the Freshman Coach at Mason County. Led the Freshmen to the FR regional title last year without Kumler playing on the FR team.
  17. St. Pat certainly has had a lot of turnover at the HC position recently.
  18. I agree with the KHSAA decision on this. I think it needs to be implemented from the time a kid starts playing ball. If they get comfortable with it early, then it just becomes another piece of the uniform.
  19. Better than UK Hoops! I much prefer Lady Cats or just plain Wildcats.
  20. Some teams are playing nearly 30 games in about 20 days. What is the purpose of it? I would worry more about fatigue and injury. I think at one time summer ball was a useful tool. But most serious kids play some sort of AAU/organized ball during the summer now. IMO I wouldn't mind seeing H.S. Summer ball cut back to a couple weeks and maybe 10 - 12 games max. Max play 2 games in a day. Use the other days for practice for Coaches to start working with their team for next year. Anyone else out there have thoughts on the H.S. summer ball?
  21. Pretty sure Jordan is going to have Tommy John surgery.
  22. Softball stats show Argo from Fleming leading the state in hitting (.691) as an 8th grader. That's pretty impressive.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.