Everything posted by maysvilleky
-
St. Patrick's Brevin Jones signs with Cincinnati Christian
There was a good article in the Maysville Ledger Independent telling how Jones had to overcome a lot to get that scholarship. Good for him.
-
Open Job: Mason County
It will be interesting to see who the candidates will be. I think they had some good candidates the year Buddy got the job. Wonder if some of those same names are still interested.
-
Open Job: Mason County
Hey Chief...I don't see why you couldn't make a grand return to Mason County as the BASKETBALL COACH. You could instill that football mentality into them! :ylsuper:
-
Open Job: Male
Courier Journal article says that both his kids were born in Lexington and it's where he and his wife consider home.
-
Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining
- Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining
IMO Sports used to be the #1 method of people in general to socialize and meet up with people to have a good time. But now it's just so much easier to get on your phone or ipad and contact whoever you want.- George Rogers Clark 70 Harlan County 56 (Sweet 16® 1st Round)
I was slightly disappointed with the Green girl from Harlan she wasn't as dominating as I thought she might be. Flowers did a good job of shadowing her and limiting her touches. I thought Igo was the best player on the court in this game. The game in general got very physical on both sides under the bucket but GRC handled it well and was more athletic overall.- Scott 46 Paris 43 (10th Region Semifinals)
I agree. I was listening on the radio thinking, when's he going to call a timeout to stop the momentum?- Paris 51 Pendleton County 50 (10th Region Quarter-Finals)
Yep...I mentioned that in the Mason County thread. Pendleton should have fouled on Johnson's drive prior to him putting up the shot IMO.- Scott 55 Mason County 53 (10th Region Quarterfinals)
I was in the stands yelling to foul when Scott was standing out there killing the clock at the end of the game. Go for the steal and if you foul...no big deal and you make them inbound again. Shouldn't it be the responsibility of at least one of the Asst Coaches to make sure Biggs was aware of the foul situation? BTW...Pendleton had 2 fouls to give as well at the end of their game when they let Johnson drive for the winning bucket.- Is there anything like...
Nothing against Paris and Scott because they won two great games, but could you imagine a Semi Finals of GRC/CC and MC/PC. Not sure if the gym could have held the crowd. As it is, there will still be a big crowd I'm sure.- Ryle 60 Covington Holy Cross 58 (9th Region Quarterfinal)
It just seems like transfers are common place now a days.- The final 64 girls teams left in NCAA March Madness bracket form
For the most part, these are the best 64 teams left in the state. Good Luck to all.- Campbell County 98 Bracken County 20
mcpapa...I don't think they'd do it intentionally. But I wonder if they would subconsciously since they've already seen the aggressiveness level that CC plays at.- Campbell County 98 Bracken County 20
Anyone know why the Holbrook girl did not play? She was dressed but never got in the game.- George Rogers Clark 69 Nicholas County 36 (10th Regional)
Both teams played hard. Hope the girl from Nicholas that was carted off (leg injury) makes a full recovery. Should be a good one against CC. GRC will have to handle the press and hit open shots.- Campbell County 98 Bracken County 20
I thought it was funny, the refs tried to tell CC to back off the press. At one point in the 2nd quarter, they called 5 consecutive fouls when CC was trying to press BC. It was the refs way of saying ENOUGH all ready. I wonder if the CC coaches actually may have hurt themselves for the future region games. I wonder if the refs will be quick to call fouls when they press aggressively going forward because of what they were doing against BC?- 10th Regional Draw
Just to clarify...All 10th region games this year are at the Mason County Fieldhouse. Games start tonight. Girls - Mon 2/26, Tue 2/27, Fri 3/2, Sat 3/3 Boys - Wed 2/28, Thur 2/29, Mon 3/5, Tue 3/6- Why All these Teams in Basketball Postseason?
District play starts with everyone. Been that way for a long time.- Bracken County 65 St. Patrick 62 OT (39th District Semifinal)
Evan Denison has a video of the original final play (when St. Pat thought they had won). And it is very hard to tell but it sounded like the ref blew his whistle for the ball out of bounds just a hair before the light and horn went off. Interesting thing is, I'm not sure who asked the refs to put time back on the clock. I thought the players started to line up to shake hands and Coach Hinson was walking to the back of the line when his Asst ran and grabbed him and gave him the clipboard to set up the play that resulted in the tip. St. Pat actually made a great comeback in the last 4 minutes of the game to get it tied and then take the lead on the 2 Garrison FTs. If the score would have held up it would have been a heartbreaking loss for Bracken. So this game had a couple of HUGE emotional swings for the teams. Congrats to both for a well played game.- Lexi Held of Cooper named Player of the Year in No. Ky.
Congrats to Lexi.- BluegrassPreps.com 10th Region Final Rankings 2-11-18, District Tournament Matchups
I wouldn't be shocked if any of the 4 teams winds up winning the 39th district.- St. Patrick 104 Silver Grove 48
Ben is their 6'6" center who was hurt and didn't come back until mid January. He's a senior. Jake is the younger brother.- St. Patrick 104 Silver Grove 48
Ben played? I can't see him getting shutout of the scoring column. Jake played and scored.- St. Patrick 104 Silver Grove 48
I noticed Ben Swolsky or Isaiah Garrison haven't played the last few games. Are they done for the year? - Signs that the "Sweet 16" is Thriving or Declining