Lexington Christian 2016/2017

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like their best shot ever to get out of that incredibly tough district.

Tre King & Kyle Rode will be tough!

Do they have a PG that can break down their tough district opponents off the dribble.

They'll go as far as their ball handling can take them.

Tre King has re-classified and is attending Hargrave Military Academy.

Isn't Tre King no longer at LCA?

I heard they got a transfer in from Woodford County that will play PG. Averaged 15 a game for Woodford County last year. I think his last name is Stewart.

I had heard it didnt work out at Hargraves & he was coming back, but was told last night he didnt come back. Oops

I had heard it didnt work out at Hargraves & he was coming back, but was told last night he didnt come back. Oops

I heard opposite, the coaching staff is extremely pleased and is looking forward to having Tre for the next two years as he did reclassify.

I heard opposite, the coaching staff is extremely pleased and is looking forward to having Tre for the next two years as he did reclassify.

Whether he reclassifed or not he can't play 2 more years at a KHSAA school. You have 4 years to play 4 years once you start high school. Period.

He is at Hargraves now. GoHardITP is speaking about Hargraves and not LCA.

Exactly, the LCA ship has sailed. Hargrave is both prep and post graduate so Tre did not have to reclassify, but he is essentially doing the same thing as Braxton Beverly did last year when he arrived at Hargrave by reclassifying.

Exactly, the LCA ship has sailed. Hargrave is both prep and post graduate so Tre did not have to reclassify, but he is essentially doing the same thing as Braxton Beverly did last year when he arrived at Hargrave by reclassifying.

Except Tre is very young for his class and should reclassify to 2018. Braxton was already very old for his class and will be a couple months shy of 21 when he enrolls in college.

Except Tre is very young for his class and should reclassify to 2018. Braxton was already very old for his class and will be a couple months shy of 21 when he enrolls in college.

Correct on Tre being young. He would currently be a 16 year old senior if he was still at LCA. I really think the young versus old for your grade is a tough read for most kids. Whatever works for each family and kid. I am not sure college coaches are wired to be drawn to younger kids for their class or not. I think the point where it is an advantage to be old for your class is middle school and early high school. I am not sure that it ever turns and becomes a disadvantage. Perhaps it does, but as long as kids are within the rules it seems to be fair game to do so.