Season for Middle School Girls Basketball?

maysvilleky

I wonder why there isn't a KHSAA standard season for girls Middle School Basketball. Mason County and several schools in the area are already playing their seasons (started in August and will be done by early October). Most of the NKY schools don't even start until Oct/Nov. I know we have smaller schools that bigger areas, but I think it limits who the teams can play. I think the Middle School team only has a 12 game schedule this year.

About a third of the schools play Aug - Oct, most of those schools need MSGirls for Varsity/JV teams at the HS level. About another third of the schools play Oct - Dec (about 1/3 of boys MS teams do this as well). The other third play Oct- Jan/Feb ish, like HS basketball.

Same goes for Volley ball, some do it in the fall, some in the spring.

I wonder why there isn't a KHSAA standard season for girls Middle School Basketball. Mason County and several schools in the area are already playing their seasons (started in August and will be done by early October). Most of the NKY schools don't even start until Oct/Nov. I know we have smaller schools that bigger areas, but I think it limits who the teams can play. I think the Middle School team only has a 12 game schedule this year.

I know they had 14 games in their conference they play in plus have already played in two tournaments or shootouts in early August plus their post season tournament Oct. 8-15 so I would say they will have played at least 20 games by season's end even if they did not add any other ones. Plus by playing during late Aug. through mid Oct. the girls can then go straight into the high school season.