Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
True not Wheelersburg but they are very similar, both have great tradition and win a lot year in and year out.. Every thing I`ve herd about coach Biggs and what`s been going on at Ashland , sounds just like what I herd about Coach Barrick and Wheelersburg. Just pointing out it`s very similar , and hasn't worked out real good for Wheelersburg . I know you want Biggs out, I feel he should keep his job. If he does go , hope it works out for Ashland, just not when they play Greenup.
-
Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2015
Could anybody tell me why Greenup CO is not on this list.... I keep checking hope in it will be.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
Crazy, I think its a very bad move, 1 bad year, best player hurt most of year, and not much talent. Whellersburg OH,, did this a few years ago, from what I here about Ashland sound`s a lot alike .. hasn't turned out to well for burg, the last 2 seasons have been real bad. way worse than the last coach ever came close too. WOW
-
All 16th Region Teams
First of all I feel great about my self, I have a great family and a son in high school who does very well ,at school and sports. So don't worry about me. And if Harold comes back it will be another bad season, that's not good. Yes the stats are close, Rowan played a tougher schedule, and has more players that can do things than Perry and Redparth . In the head to head match up, Rowan beat Morgan bad, Callahan was in the 20`s and Perry about 12 . So that goes to Callahan... As far as Jair Jackson if he avg 23 and leading the state in rebounds , he would prob be up for Mr. Basketball with numbers like that.. With a different coach at Greenup , he could have done better. And why does records matter ? Do you think college coaches only get kids off of winning teams? So why should it matter on POY. IT`s best Player of the year ,not best team. Also I don't down him, he does some stuff well, hard to stop 1 on 1, and can shoot a bit. Look at his numbers agents Rowan, Elliott and any other winning team if they played any. Not nearly as good. And next year he will be preseason number1, so will see how that goes. With out Redparth could be a little harder. Good luck to Jordan, I just think when it comes time for college , there may be some disappointed fans who think he`s better than he is. But maybe for his sake I`m the one who`s wrong. I have 1 of my own to worry about. Callahan won 3 of the 5 stat`s you posted . I forgot scoring is all that matters.
-
All 16th Region Teams
Harold Tackett by a long shot, I and many others ( not only Greenup people ) feel he is by far the worst coach in region, and maybe state. And cost Greenup a chance at 2 regional titles , this year for sure. The talent was there and he messed it up... He need`s fired or to quite, he should go back to coaching cross country, maybe more his speed. Just needs to stay away from all levels of basketball, girls and boys, not even pee-wee... Now Jordan Perry, the only thing I have on him, is that I feel he gets way to much hype. The kid can score, but gets a lot from cherry picking. He is a good 1on 1 player, can drive with the best, of them. I feel he needs to be a better out side shooter, it seems if you can make him shoot jumpers , and 3`s he struggle`s. He doesn't do much rebounding if any at all. Yes he`s a guard, but at 6'3 he could be hitting the boards some. I see smaller guards do it all the time. Defensively not much, doesn't guard other top players , when Morgan played Greenup , he didn't guard Hughes or little Jackson, and I`m sure he doesn't guard Callahan or any of the other team`s top 2 guards. It`s not that I don't like him, and he is a good player , just gets way to much hype. I feel to be the best you need to be a all around player, not just score. Not saying you have to lead in all categories , but be more than a scorer. For most people all they look at is point`s , and if you avg 20 some a game your something great.. I would take a kid who scores 16 a game , get`s 10 rebounds a game, will "D" up on anybody , and play`s team ball. Over 26 a game and not much else, I`m sure most coaches would to. Just don't like all the hype for someone who only scores. IF it was a kid named Jim Smith I`d say the same. I`m just a team, and all around type player, kind of guy. Not much on points only. I think Elliott just proved that works. Yes I cant stand Harold at all, so he wins by a lot.
-
All 16th Region Teams
My pic is Ryan Callahan , he`s a better all around player. Perry avg what 26, and that's it. Jair Jackson lead the state in rebounds per game, and ave around 15 points. That could be player of the year, not counting the 3or 4 blocked shots a game. And he`s 2nd team, really. Redparth is a double - double machine, and will play some "D" . He could be player of year. The only list problem I have is Jackson 2nd team, leading the state in rebounds alone should get you 1st team. Points got Perry POY and he didn't lead the state. And Nick Miller is a very good player , and I wish he would have been healthy all year, but only playing a few games, I would have to say not on the list. Due to lack of games. Whalen from Rowan definitely should be on the list. But over all not bad. A little shocked Rowan only 2 player`s , with such a good season.
-
All 16th Region Teams
Looks like you can do nothing but score, and get player of the year. So kids, Don't play "D", or rebound , or get any assist . Just score as much as you can. And that will get you player of the year. wow..
-
Elliott County 49 Morgan County 43 (16th Region Championship)
With a coach , I think Greenup could have won it this year or last. Elliott is doing something right.
-
Elliott County 49 Morgan County 43 (16th Region Championship)
I still say Redparth is the best player on Morgan, Perry gets the credit with his 26 avg, Redparth does it all, Slosa did a nice job.
-
Jason Strader to be named Russell Head Coach
From what I here Harold Tackett will be back at Greenup, I no a lot of kids don't want to play for him. They might end up at Russell. just my OP
-
Bowling Green vs. Elliott County (KHSAA Sweet 16) Predictions
I might be wrong ( I think I was 1 time) lol... But don't count Elliot out, hard ,tuff kids. Coached well , play really good team ball. Have 3 or 4 kid`s who can score.. I think it might be closer than some think. They won a few games at Rupp a handful of years ago.. And I like the small school underdog. Plus everybody is down on the 16th region. A win or to might change some minds.
-
Elliott County 49 Morgan County 43 (16th Region Championship)
What happened to Jordan Perry not letting Morgan lose? 12pts really ! Guess you cant call him big game Jordan, seems like when Morgan has a big game he doesn't do much. A little harder to do it VS the big boys. ( Rowan 12 I think )in regular season. Redparth had a nice game 14 and 7 not to bad. Jordan by his self next year might not be real good for Morgan. I think Elliott`s ,, team first ball goes a little better and Jordan Parry avg 26 a game play. And team D works better too, and rebounding, Not cherry picking... Congrats Redparth and rest of Morgan Co team who nobody ever here`s about on a really good season. ,
-
Elliott County 49 Morgan County 43 (16th Region Championship)
Congrats to the Hooker`s , think there will be a riot in sandy hook tonight for the great win!!!! As most know I`m a Greenup fan , but there`s some then about a group of kids that play hard, play the game right, and as a team. And not really 1 kid getting all the credit. A true team, with some talent and good coaching. They seem to be out to win , and not for there self... So congrats to Elliott Co , Now win a few more at Rupp.
-
Hagen Tyler
I don't know much about school, someone posted they thought he was the 1st d 1 player , so I went with it... I`m guessing if I don't know much about the thread , I shouldn't post. It sounds like 3 or4 have played D-1 .
-
2015 Top players to lookout for in NKY
Just seen Combs from Beechwood is a UK commiet , nice to here that. I seen him play 2 years ago at Greenup Co. And he was a nice player then, could tell he could do something if he continued to work. Going to UK sounds like he has. I remember talking to his dad, and him for a min. Seem to be a good kid and his dad was a really nice guy. Congrats to Combs, keep it up. I hope Beechwood and Greenup cross path`s this year or next. would be fun.
-
Hagen Tyler
Just guessing if your the 1st D-1 player from a school, I`d say it is safe to say he is the best all time..
-
Great Job Officials - not sarcastically
Me to on 9th, until last night,, I thought they where bad in both seim final games. Way to many touch foul`s . I was just watching games, didn't care who won. I hope the final is better. Let`em play .
-
Elliott County vs Morgan County 16th Region Championship Predictions
He does do a lot of cherry picking, he does make some nice shots here and there. From what I have seen he gets most points off lay ups. I just feel he`s not a all around good player, There is more to the game than scoring , but most people just look at the point`s and think , well he must be the best on that team cause he avg the most points. I think it would be a different story if he had a different coach. And you should be happy with Redparth , one of the best player`s in region.
-
Elliott County 43 Rowan County 37 (16th Region Semifinal)
Rowan 37 points, They didn't look good against Greenup, thought they might just have been looking past them. Guess not, Callahan did have a nice game, nice all around player.
-
Elliott County vs Morgan County 16th Region Championship Predictions
For 1, Perry is not the best player on his team ( Redparth ) , and you say Elliott needs to slow Perry on fast break, more like cherry picking. I`ve seen it over and over , when a shot goes up Perry goes to half court waiting for the long out let pass. That's how he gets so many "fast break" points. If Jordan will refuse to let his team lose , he might want to play some "D" and rebound some. OH I for got Redparth does all that, and Perry gets the cred cause of the points he scores. Elliott has had Morgan`s number all year, they know Morgan is soft as a softball, and they take advantage of it. I think it will be close, Elliott 62 - 55.
-
Morgan County 63 Raceland 57 (16th Region Semifinal)
Redparth is the man that makes Morgan Co go, yes Perry scores more points and gets the highlights. But if you watch the game `s Redparth is a all around player, plays really good D, rebounds and is a good shooter. I just feel he doesn't get enough credit . It takes more than points to be the best player, so congrats to Morgan Co , Redparth and the kids who play there role`s so well.
-
Elliott County 43 Rowan County 37 (16th Region Semifinal)
Congrats to Elliott Co on big win... Great play and Coaching .... " The Hook Be Crazy to Night "
-
Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2015
It`s just Russell, not County.. Russell high school is in Greenup County.
-
Best Freshman in Kentucky
Wont happen, Greenup might lose a few here and there have a very stuff 2015 schedule , The Logan`s are great, and rest of staff.. I have never had a problem with them , and don't see one.. Very good coaches, know the game , teach it well , and win. The only coach I have ever wanted fired is Harold Tackett, he`s a bum. And a few GC loses in mid April wont have me upset with coach Logan, top notch Coach, and program.
-
Did NCC have a successful season?
The players cared for a minute, The coach should care a lot longer. Sound`s to me they don't have a lack of players, so there is a problem somewhere . Is it coaching ? I don't know the team, coach or program, just what I`ve read on here. But with that much talent and 1st round lose `s each year, the blame has to go some where... The kids do get over the lose faster, but they will remember it for life, and what could have been.