Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
2015-16 16th Region
Wide open this year. For Morgan to win it, they better have a lot of other kids step up. Elliott will be tuff . If big Ben Jordan plays , and gets some guard help, West Carter might be there. Lewis has some kids back , and a top notch coach. Could be a good year in Vanceburg. The season is getting closer.
-
Austin Crawford to Pendleton County?
I seen him play just 1 time last year, kid can play, just because you score the most points doesn't mean your the best player. My be best scorer , but there`s more to the game than scoring.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Your right , all the coaching turnover in the past could have hurt some. I`m not saying Kidwell will come in and save the world, but I think it`s proven Tackett needs a hole lot of help. Kidwell is some help, and that's better than Tackett alone. It`s just a little change , better than no change at all. That's what Greenup fans are kind of happy about.. But Tackett still needs to go.
-
8th grader 1st V homerun
Good for him.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Have you seen Greenup play the last 2 years. ? No talent really. I`m not saying a top 10 team in the state , but 13 and 12 win season`s . Should have been much better .
-
Greenup County has tied a KHSAA state record
Congrats to pitching staff , fielders , and coaching staff. A total team accomplishment. Keep it up !
-
If you are the coach...
I don't think you can say that every kid takes their parents out look on a coach to practice , some may and some may not. So you are saying no matter how bad a coach is, and how much they lose. A parent should keep there mouth shut and support them. Ok then. So if I have a problem with coach, not about my own son, but a total team problem. Just sit back , cheer, and be happy with all the losing. Is that what your saying.
-
Greenup County has tied a KHSAA state record
I new it was a lot , wasn't sure on the numbers, thanks for the post.
-
2016: Mr. Basketball Race, Top Players
First name on Perry ?
-
Ashland names Jeremy Howell head basketball coach
If coach Biggs was to old school , a 29 year old new coach is more likely to relate with todays kids, I would think. And just because kids are good in the 6th or 7th grade doesn't mean they will be in high school. Some grow early , than not much more . Some stop working on there game. Just saying I`ve seen more than a few pee-wee ,jr high players not turn out to be what people thought they would. But also some kids that aren't that good young , turn out good later. Just hard to predict young players.
-
Ashland Independent Top 7 of 15th & 16th Region
East Carter is better than Ashland, East played Greenup 2 tuff games . Greenup beat Ashland 10-0 in 5. Boyd and Greenup deff in 16th and I have only seen Lawrence in 15th. And Greenup blew that game. And left a boat load of runners on when they played Boyd, so that's 2 more wins Greenup should have had. Blew out Raceland the last 2 nights. Greenup`s bat`s are heating up Gage Hughes is batting 440 with only 2 k`s in 13 games to lead way. Brody shoup and Jared hunt both over 300. Triston Downing is pitching really well as is Christen Wireman. The key for Greenup in regional is the 3rd starter and rest of staff. Zack Hayden is starting to step up as the 3rd, But a lot of game`s left to play, Greenup has a very tuff bunch of game`s ahead. Cant wait to see what West has other than Big Ben.
-
Ashland Independent Top 7 of 15th & 16th Region
1- Boyd Co 2- Lawrence Co 3- Greenup Co 4- Johnson Cent 5- Paintsville 6- Russell 7- Rowan With West Carter and East Carter on deck. The only change I would make is Lawrence & Greenup tie at #2 . Greenup blow a 4-0 lead in the 5th inn on Saturday and lost in the 8th to Lawrence Co. And so far Boyd is at the top, but I see Greenup making it a close race soon. 4-2 in last 6 games with the two loses to Lawrence Co in extra, and Wheelersburg (OH) who is 6-0 on the year. How`s people feel about this ranking ?
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
First not trying to run every coach off. There where a few in the past that I would like to have seen stay. Jeff Nickel for one, he`s doing a great job with SSU girls. And had a pretty good year at Greenup. Harold Tackett needs all the help he can get, so having coach Kidwell come is something to be happy about. Kidwell knows the game and if Tackett will listen , it can only help. I think a lot of the hype is just hope , that it will get better. Maybe even a winning season.
-
If you are the coach...
And that is fine. I have made it very clear to people around Greenup how I feel about the coach. I feel going to him , could only hurt. My point was , I just don't like when people say , hiding behind a key board. Witch I guess, I and many others are. But that's part of it I guess. And by the way this is the only coach that I`ve ever had a problem with, I just can stand all of the losing , and feel there is talent too win more.
-
If you are the coach...
I`m sure he has herd adults talk. No he doesn't take it to the team as far as I know. He plays and practice`s very hard and did through the last game. There are a hole lot of Parents talking at Greenup now, so I`m sure all the kids here stuff. I was around 4or 5 players ( just standing beside them and could here them talk) with around 2 weeks left in regular season , and they was talking how bad they wanted baseball to start. So I think they know its bad, and many say they will not play next year.. Mine will Be on the floor.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
I fully understand that, the 1st year they where young and new coach. 2 and 3rd year not so much, there was talent and the schedule was not overly strong ,but not week. I`m not saying Greenup was a top 10 team in the state , but definitely was better than 13 and 12 win seasons. Last year was a top 3 preseason pick in the 16th , and won 12 game`s . If Greenup had no talent there wouldn't be much to say. There should be a lot more wins, 32 wins in 3 years with talent in MOP means coaching change. Case in point , I thought Lewis Co coach Hampton should have got 16th coach of year, and they only won 11. Not much talent at all and won a few big games . And I didn't think coach Biggs should have been let go from Ashland after 1 really bad season, best player hurt almost all year and really other than Villers not much. Plus Ashland plays a pretty tuff schedule. So I`m not just coach bashing or mad cause he didn't my son wrong , my OP he is a very bad coach.
-
If you are the coach...
I feel more than a few coaches would punish the kid. Coaches are human and most people don't like being call out. When a person gets into coaching they should understand they will be 2nd guested , and there will be some unhappy parents. If they cant handle that , they need to get out of coaching. I have been very vocal about Greenup Co , Harold Tackett at game`s and on here. I also feel going to him in person could only hurt my son. I not mad at him about may son, its a team thing. Just over all coaching. I feel you never know how a coach will handle it. Last thing , people all ways say " your hiding behind a fake name and key board" Does anybody on here use there real name`s , doesn't look like it to me. It drives me crazy when people say that when they have some silly name.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
You would think 7 wins 1st year, 13 in 2nd , and 12 in 3rd would get him fired but it hasn't yet. So who knows.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Ha Ha you are so funny. IF getting on 1 coach is crying a lot, I guess I`m a cry baby then. You got me. You don't even know me , and have me figured out. If we all could only be as smart as you Spindoc.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
That big of a difference in pay , from Russell to Greenup ? I know each school system pay`s different , but a Big cut. And Teachers are way underpaid any way.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
I`m just saying , I have herd from more than 2 or 3 people he had a 4 year deal. If so , it might be because Greenup had 4 coaches in 4 years. But like I said , I will know 100% yes or no , on Monday. I think teachers are 1 year, so in most cases , year to year is right. Or it could be he was promised 4 years .
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
The one true fact is Harold is a very bad coach, there`s you a fact , no it all SPINDOC. And your don't confuse him with facts , is low. But what I have seen from your post`s , it`s not surprising .
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
I`m not 100% sure, but I`ve been told by many people that he got a 4 year deal. I will check on Monday , and post what I find.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
From what I herd today Coach Kidwell will be helping Tackett. Now hopefully Harold will take Coach Kidwell`s help and run with it. The 15-16 season is Harold`s last on contract. I would like to see Harold move on ,and Coach Kidwell take over. But really 1 more season, is 1 to many.
-
Ashland Job Search
Got a feeling it`s not going to be greener , after Biggs.