Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X`s and O`s

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by X`s and O`s

  1. Was a great game, a few calls at 2nd helped Collins , but yes very good game. A few mistakes by both teams , but the very young Greenup team pulled it out. Freshmen Kyle Gammon did great closing out the game. Great job boys , lets get 1 more. Ill post more about game and some numbers tomorrow, just got home at 2,30 am.
  2. Really nice win for Greenup, Zack Hayden came in for starter Jaxson Keeton, and pitched 5 lights out innings. 5in , 2 hit's , 8 k's and 1 walk, to get the win and improve to 7-0 on season. Greenup jumped out to a 4-0 lead in 1st, then Lawrence got 2 runs in 2nd. To make it 4-2, till Greenup got 1 more in the 5th (?) to get the 5-2 win. Kyle Gammon 1-3 and 2 sb , 1 run Brody Shoupe 2-3, 2 doubles , 1 run Gage Hughes 3-3 , 2 doubles, 1 single , 1 RBI, 2 runs Jared Hunt 1-3 , 1 Sb , 1 RBI Greenup is now 32-10, Great job boys , keep it up and get another win on Wed night.
  3. I don't know if I would want to coach Basketball or Baseball at Ashland right now. Both coaches won a lot , year after year then have a (really) bad season ,and your fired. If I was a coach ,looking for a job . I would have to think about that. I can win a lot but better not have a bad year or I'll lose my job. In my OP , that could keep good coach's from wanting to coach there. Two of the best 16th region coaches in there sport (Biggs) and Wilcox both fired after 1 really bad season. Or making the wrong people mad. I don't know !
  4. I think would be a good fit, did well in his short term at Lewis Co. Hope he gets the chance.
  5. Tuff time to be a coach at Ashland. Win and Win and Win, lose fired. They have a trend going, don't have a bad year or your fired. Basketball and now Baseball. Just fired a really good coach, won region in 2013, run-up in 2014, bad 2015. It must be all of the baseball players are walking the halls , with basketball kids. Crazy things going on in Ashland. I'm sure he will find a job soon.
  6. Collins beat Madison Cent 6-5 . Tuesday's games start at 10 am , than a 1/2 hr between games, from what I hear. I don't know that for sure. And great job Greenup Co, boys played great on big stage.
  7. IF all goes as planed , 1st game at 2 30 and 2nd at 5 00. It could change at 2 00 meeting .
  8. Me and everyone else , who seen it knows what happened. And your related to Hunt, guess you didn't ask him. It is ,what it is. Greenup won both games, well all 4 played this year. I guess he was just pitching him way inside , to hit him in the back ,and back of head. 1 homerun and got hit 3 times. His disrespectful tweet to the Boyd player, yep just pitching him inside.
  9. What you just said is crazy, 4 at bats - 1 home run ,beamed 3 times. It was intentional . Greenup has other left hand batters and they didn't get hit. He hit him in the Back, and Head. And the pitcher had good control the rest of the time. You can say what you want , but it was intentional. That same pitcher made a ridiculous tweet, about striking out Boyd Co catcher. Who is going to Ohio State. just struck him out, and have fun sitting the bench, and keeping stats next year. So with all that disrespect , he hit Hunt on purpose.
  10. Congrats to Jaxson Keeton for, regional Player of tournament . Pitched a1 hit shut-out vs East Carter. HIT well , and some really good "D". Great job young man
  11. Great jog Greenup co. Boys played great, and Ethan Coldiron pitched a gem. Had a no hitter till 5th, and only gave up the 1 hit. In a 5-0 win , giving Greenup back to back 1 hitters. Greenup Is now 16th region champion , and will play Lawrence Co at 1:30 on Monday in 1st round of Sweet 16. Greenup and Lawrence , split on season. The only bad part of the game was the Russell starter (name ?) beamed a Greenup batter 2 times, 1st in back and 2nd in head. And it was all because the GC batter hit a home run off him , in district championship game. The GC batter didn't show him up ,after homer. It was very obvious , he didn't come close to hitting any on else. I don't know for sure Russell coach new what was going on, but it was very obvious to GC, and GC fans. That was very bush league. And he hurt his team because that GC batter scored both times. So pitcher , guess you got him back. He's fine, and all you did is cost your team run's. Thanks for helping Greenup win!!!!!
  12. Greenup about to add 2015 to list.
  13. It is baseball , so anything can happen. But I don't see Russell beating Greenup. Yes 2 games where close , but 3 game Greenup had 1 bad inning. A bunch of "E" in 2nd inn, and Gage Hughes had 3or 4 in game. That was just crazy , and team had 6 ,I think. Most all season in a game, and still won. Greenup still has a lot of pitching left also, and Russell had to use a lot more. Just don't see it , Greenup will get the win. Russell is good , just not good enough. A lot of Greenup's players have played in a final, could factor in. And Looks great for 63 rd.
  14. I like Elliott Co, chance to repeat. But its kind of wide open, I'm Greenup all the way, but there's something about Elliot I like. And I find my self rooting for them. If Greenup doesn't win, witch they wont (Harold Tackett) will help with that. I'm good with the boys from the HOOK !
  15. I'm sure you know about the Greenup 1-0 win over East Carter. Very well played game by both. I don't know the East pitchers name , but the kid pitched a great game. If you know him, make sure you tell him Greenup , fans ,players and coaches . Thought he pitched a great game. And the team played well. He was very good tonight. I'm sure that wont make him feel any better , after a tuff lose. Just wanted to say he did great job.
  16. In a very well pitched game by both pitcher's , Greenup got a early run and it was enough to hold off East Carter. Greenup's (Jr) Jaxson Keeton took a no-hitter into 5th , before a East batter got a nice single. That was the only hit Keeton would give up, in the win. The East Carter pitcher ( name? ) also pitched a gem. Giving up only 4 hits, and had Greenup batters chasing a nasty curve ball all night. That kid did a great job. Greenup is not a team that strikes out a lot, but tonight they did. Hat's off to both pitchers. Greenup's "D" made up for not hitting well. With a handful of web gem's. Greenup moves on to final of 16th, for the 2nd time in 3 years. The Russell vs West Carter game got rained out, till wed at 6. Congrats Greenup ! And Jaxson Keeton, great job.
  17. The only thing I have herd about Coach Logan ,is about playing time. Which happens with all coaches ,and schools. In MOP coach Logan , win's and treats all kids the same. No matter how good, or who the parents are. He is very fair. I think that's why keep people off him. (and winning) He does put a ton of time in, but I don't think that factor s in.
  18. 7-13-12. number of wins Tackett's 3 years. Or may be its Tackett. Baseball win's every year, Basketball has won in the past. And there has been Talent for him.
  19. That's what I was thinking, not for sure . But I think this years Freshman and sophomore class is talented.
  20. Seem to have lost a lot, but seem to be good each year. I'm sure they will be in the mix.
  21. Gage can play, but there are things he could do better also. He only play's basketball during season, witch doesn't help his game. Summer and fall Baseball. I'm sure he shoots here and there.
  22. Most of what you just said is true, but I have never said Jordan is a bad player.
  23. Yes, Congrats to Ryan. Kid can shoot it, hope all goes well for him.
  24. Thanks, hope he gets his control figured out. With 3 years left , I'm sure he will. Does he play summer baseball ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.