Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Why wouldn't it be? I`m all for any kid that can move on doing so. And yes a kid 6` or under has a much better chance in baseball. Not a hole lot of basketball players that size in college. There are many pro baseball players around 6`. Not but 1 or 2 in the NBA. Its not eazy to make it in any sport, my OP Basketball is the hardest.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Not when your one of the top underclassmen in the state, and getting D1 looks. Unless your 6`4 or taller not much chance in basketball. I think way to many kids play aau who have no chance , on moving on to college. Baseball is less about size.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Didn't fig you had, some how its the only sport that wins year after year at GC. Not for sure but may be its coaching. And just letting you know where I have been. The less I hear about Harold , the better I am,
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Its called Baseball, with real Coaches , that teach the game and know how to win. I haven't herd Harold`s name, in a while from anybody. Just his name gets people down. Still not real popular around GC. The next time anybody cheers for Harold, it will be when he leaves town. In till than no. Baseball Spindoc, Baseball.
-
Greenup Co basketball - Merle Kidwell joins as Asst Coach
Its baseball season. After last season being as bad , as it was . I needed to not think about it for bit. I would like to see coach Kidwell help, than move Harold out of the way. I don't think Harold will listen to him, he really thinks he`s a good coach. I have herd Harold is not much on wanting help. Coach Kidwell would be nice.
-
Greenup County 11 Ashland 0
I agree 100 percent with you, and the baseball team is not very good this year at Ashland. Its just a down year , it happens sometimes. Greenup`s really starting to come together.
-
Greenup County 5 East Carter 4
Very good early season game. Greenup is starting to play better each game. East Carter had a nice left handed starter , couldn't fig out why he only pitched 3 inns. He seemed to be still going strong.
-
Bowling Green 86 Elliott County 44 (Sweet 16 First Round)
I was really wrong about this game. Thought it would be close, and it was a beat down. Congrats to Elliott Co on a very good season.
-
Harrison County 11 Brossart 0 (5 Innings)
Greenup Co will be down on the 27th, For the Harrison Co tournament. Looks to be a very tuff early season field of teams. Greenup has Newport Catholic on 27th ,than Dixie Heights on 28th. I just hope Greenup has some more rust knocked of by then, should be some good baseball. May be we will see a Greenup Co VS Harrison Co championship game.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
You have a very good point. I was just thinking in terms of Basketball, not family and every thing that goes with it. Moving , wife job, and his pay. thanks for in site.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
IF that is true about only wanting a great opportunity, I don't much care for that. Me personally I would take almost any job asap, for the " I`ll show you" fact. Waiting for the great job makes me thinks he feel`s ,, he`s to good for any lessor for say programs. I would want to show them what they lost.. But maybe that's just me.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
I would say most of us can be stubborn, with something we strongly believe in. I know I am. Good luck to Coach Biggs and Ashland. My be this can be a learning moment for Biggs, for the next job.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
I think so too, It is Ashland, and a past of a lot of winning. Should help, but Biggs had a really good regular season and post record. Sounds like the next guy better be nice to the kids, win in regular and post season`s, , Regional tittles every 2 or 3 years.. And hope a kid doesn't move, best player get hurt, and lose 25 games with not much talent.... Guess that's not much to ask for. I really hope it work`s for them, I`m a Greenup fan , but I also like good basketball. And see kids do well and move on if that have a chance , Just lose to Greenup as much as possible .
-
Top of 16th region
I think it will come down to Boyd Co and Greenup. But West Carter and Rowan both have big time number 1 pitchers , so come tourney time could shake things up. Greenup could lose more than a few regular season game`s with a very tuff schedule, but coach Logan will have GC ready for a big post season run. Greenup pitching staff is still young , but has a lot of big game experience .
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
YOU talking Ashland or Greenup. I`m Greenup, don't know if it could get much worse.. And just saying who I`d like , I don't get to pick and it happen. And I like Biggs at Ashland, should get at lest 1 more year.
-
Top of 16th region
Who`s everybody like for the 16th ? 1- Greenup Co, 2- Boyd co, 3- Ashland, 4- Rowan 5- West Carter.
-
How Does Your School's Cut Process Work?
I really like that. I don't think its being soft at all. Most coach`s don't have the gut`s to tell the kid`s why they got cut, or just don't want to take the time. Than sending them out another door, like that too. I`m sure some kids get upset.
-
Elliott County 49 Morgan County 43 (16th Region Championship)
If the elementary games are a joke, how is the program being built. Most of your better players start and learn to play at a young age. Just wondering ?
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
That is true about everybody dealing with it, that`s why I said earlier . If he is fired may be he will learn from his mistakes , and do better at his next job.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
Just want you to know I`m not one who want`s to see Ashland fail. Only VS Greenup. And yes kids are softer for the most part theses days.
-
16U Travelers
I kind of thought he would be at lest top 10, may be Greenup not winning much is hurting him. I Was told he is 1 or 2 in baseball. but not for sure. I know he has had more than a few big d-1 looks in baseball , but still has a lot of years to get better or stay the same. kid has a crazy work ethic. And Baseball is his possible ticket.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
I understand how you feel , and I`m the same with Tackett , He`s prob a good guy, just not a coach, and this is all about coaching. Sounds like Biggs is old school type , with rules and stuff. In my OP kids are way to soft and sensitive these day`s, and I blame parents for that. Old school coach`s seem to have trouble these days, coach get`s mad , kids go home and cry to mom and dad, then there is a problem. Times have changed good or bad, and a good coach needs to change a little too, IF coach Biggs does get fired, may be he will change a few things, could help him in the long run. From just what I have herd my son would not have a prob playing for him, but some might. same for me not personal , just coaching . I was raised that you don't have to like your coach, Its his team, his rules, and don't come home crying about him. And if a kid really loves the game they will play for anybody, if not (love the game) they prob wont play. I think it`s a good life lesson, cant always quite your job if you don't like the boss. Well guess you can, might not work out to well.
-
16U Travelers
Do you know what rank Gage Hughes 15u is Greenup co. FR?
-
Elliott County 49 Morgan County 43 (16th Region Championship)
I really don't understand this. And what does being a "poor" school matter? No football, what`s that have to do with basketball? Community support is great, and the elementary and youth program ,must be good. I`m guessing that the kids put in a ton of work, on there game. And adults and parents teaching them its a team game, You can still shine and play team ball. It is something when a small school makes a run, must be doing something right in the hook. What gets it done is players working hard from a early age, team play and they have a really good high school coach. Knows his players , and find`s the match ups that work best for each game. Just a outside OP.
-
Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach
I would take Biggs , or Kidwell from Russell. You cant tell me if Biggs was at Greenup this year ,they wouldn't have won at lest 20 games. With the talent Greenup had. But Yes I`d be good with that. MY top choice would be the old Wheelersburg coach Tom Barrick, he`s available right now. I know what he did over there. Made the state many times, and in Ohio that`s the final 4. One good thing about living on the ohio river , can see Basketball in both states .