Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X`s and O`s

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by X`s and O`s

  1. Classy, all you can come back with is to slam my grammar. As you always post " that's so classy " so stay classy spindoc. LOL
  2. Won`t help, could only hurt my son. If the BOE can`t see how bad it is, they are blind. Statstuffer found out at the Greenup VS Raceland game, ( check that thread , his post ). IF any Of the BOE are at the game`s I`m sure they hear , people are upset. Here`s few things Harold has said, when someone ask about things. Why not run more plays and set more picks for Gage Hughes , when they are in a box and 1 on him. Harold said we don`t need him to score , for us to win. Hughes at 1 point was Avg 18 a game, he is 1 of 2 scorers ( Jair Jackson) Greenup has. A kid, ( who started some and play`s good ) didn't get to play but 30 sec in 2or3 games. Ask Harold in a nice way, if he did something wrong or was in trouble, wondering why he wasn't playing.. Harold said , I have a lot on my mind , and just forgot about you. Really, that's why it`s not going to do any good , to talk to him. How do you forget about a kid who not only played but started a few games.. The man has no clue , Spindoc check out Statstuffer`s post in that thread .
  3. LoL , if I did, I`m sorry. Guess we could check time and date of the post, LoL. I know what you mean, but I think you should give Biggs a 1 year pass. Harold only has 31 reg season wins, in 3 years. If there`s only 1 truck I think I should get it.
  4. Yes I was, and I don't see a thing wrong with it, an extra year of work, can really help. Most play to try and make it to the next level, if a 6 or 7th grader looks like they may have a chance, why not give them a extra year, to work. I`m all for doing anything, with in the rules , to give a kid a better chance of making it, it is so hard anyway ,and very few move on, so do what ever it may take.
  5. I have Harold`s moving truck gassed up and on stand buy ! And a moving team in place to help. Just waiting to here that he has been fired . Hope the day comes soon, don`t know if my blood pressure can take another year.
  6. I see you have a problem with hold backs, what`s the big deal ? If it`s inside the age rule, and could help a kid, why not. A year is along time at that age, another year of work could help some get good enough to make it to a college.
  7. Ha Ha,, lol.. I know your like me about just making it to the region, so many people think its so great to win a district game , even if you lose making the region,. They say Harold (Greenup) made the region agene what are you mad about, like winning 1 game and getting to region is a job saver. lol... I know your hard on coach Biggs, I think he should get a 1 year pass. Just don't cancel Harold`s moving truck.
  8. I don't know for sure but its a age thing , I`m Guessing if he`s not 19 before school starts he would be ok. Or could be once you play a high school sport , you cant hold back after that.
  9. His name is Jerry Allen, 3rd year at Greenup ( same as Tackett ) is from Magoffin Co, and lives in Mount Sterling. The school site is where I got this. I have never spoken to the man, and don't no much about him. I only hope he see`s how bad it is and how good it could have been. Another thing is he or Harold live in Greenup co , not saying the coach or A.D have to be from Greenup, but you would think if you had that job , you would want to be apart of the community . That makes me think they are just looking at it as a job.
  10. IT might help change , or maybe wishful thinking. From what I here the A.D and administration like him, and he has another year on his contract. So if that is the case , Harold will be around at lest 1 more year. And my OP as you know is too long, 1 more game is too long. Unless you ( Messenger) know some then I don't .
  11. And as I said in a past post, I`m all for kids going from school to school, as long as its on the up and up. So I`m not hating , or saying they are cheating.
  12. BBall Legend , how did he get to Morgan,? I was told that it was from AAU, Perry plays a lot of AAU. I was told this from a person who lives in west liberty , and knows a little about the team. I really don't care , just wondering. You Bball Legend seem to know all things Morgan basketball, so how did he get to Morgan?. And just happen to be a really good player, my OP best on team.
  13. You should be so happy they made it to the region. And won a district game.... lol
  14. I know he played AAU with Jordan, is how he got there. I don't know, I guess if you can get kids to come, and it`s legal. More power to you. I think its one debate you agree or you don`t . Not much in between. In my OP Redparth is the best player on the team, Perry scores more, but Redparth is a much better all around player. With out him Morgan would not have the season they do.
  15. Thanks Statstuffer. And what I cant figure out is why Greenup always try`s ( what I call crazy D) Diamond and1, triangle and 2, witch he plays often. 1 game Greenup played 3 guys in man and 2 in zone, I don't know a name for that. In most D`s the kids don't seem to know what to do. Even in a 2-3 or 1-3-1, and that is the coaches fault. In the 1-3-1 the baseline guy has the corner , not the wing . I always see the wing down there . What about some man on man, Greenup shouldn't have a match up problem with any body.. The accountability is a problem, Harold has lost the team along time ago, Harold is just bad. The offence is dead, not many plays. A box and 1 kills Hughes , cause Harold doesn't do any thing to help get him open, and I think at time`s Gage get`s frustrated and takes a bad shot,, The kid can score with the best of them, I feel you have to get him some better shots and points to win. Harold must not think so. Jair can score at will VS most teams, Also needs more touches, Jair just needs to pass when he`s double teamed, and the 6`7 Martin , big body and can do some things, but not used much, Raceland could not stop jair and Martin if used right, but that didn't happen . Then there`s Austin Grooms who started most of the year , play`s really hard , great D, score 8 to 10 a game most nights, Rebounds well and adds some tuff ness to the team. He hasn't played at all lately, and my OP he`s the 3rd best player on the team. And Harold has broke him down so much , he seems lost when he does get in. Brody Shoupe can also help , strong man on man defender, I think the combo of Shoupe and Hughes ( taking turns) could hold most guards below there Avg . I think it would have worked on Blair. There are so many things to go on about, it`s just a sham this team didn't do better. Now Rowan Co, this could get real ugly, the last game was.
  16. Rowan and Morgan , Rowan wins 16th
  17. Morgan County got them a district crown, congrats. Maybe they have a few more player`s coming next year and get back to back.
  18. Congrats to Raceland, had a good game plane , and it worked really well. Poor coaching by Harold and a off night shooting didn't help Greenup much. When Raceland started to pull away it looked if a few Greenup players gave up. All the losing has taking a toll. And a handful do not want to play for him, but they still played hard, the few who didn't , I don't know that well. IM so over Harold , me and many other parents , plus some players want him to go. So the only thing to say is , just leave . But from what I here , he will be back. Just hope the kids will come back. just another bad lose on a bad season. Except for those people who think winning a 1st round district game is so BIG, and making the regional`s even after a lose. I guess you people think he`s doing just fine. IN that case a 11-16 season, a district win over a 11-14 team, a really bad lose to Raceland, but made the region... Wow great year... lol Coach of the year. All that with a preseason rank of 3rd. Not to menschen last year and year before that. 20 regular season win.. Now he`s up to 31 wins in 3 years...
  19. . No not at practice, but I do know the kids don't get in trouble at school, most have very good grades, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. Most of the time if a team has a kid that is not coachable , and is a problem word gets out. I have never herd this about any player. I know 4 of them play baseball and if they where not coachable and a problem coach Logan would not put up with them. In my op Harold lost control of the team along time ago. From what I hear , most kids don't want to play for him. And I hope they play next year, many are very upset. And as for having it both ways, if you lose a bunch of games and don't do much change in play, system or players , then win. Should the coach get the credit ? Harold has had 3 losing seasons in a row, the last 2 years should have been really good, but wasn't. Yes they have won a few district, and a regional game last year , but crazy things have happened in each. If your not around you wouldn't know how bad it is, not 1 person that knows Greenup basketball on here has took up for him, and there are many who agree. Harold just has no clue, and needs to move on.
  20. Hard to beat a team 3 times let alone 4. I like Elliott, but not for sure. Close one
  21. I will pay Russell , Harold Tackett `s coaches pay for a year , and a large tip to the A.D. If they will take him. I`m sure coach Kidwell will find another job soon. My op he`s a good coach.
  22. Yes it is, but a 11-16 in regular season , is not real good. Making the regionals is big, but in my op only if you win the district championship , you do move on if you loose , but to me that doesn't seem right. I`m glad they won last night, but it was very lucky. But a win is a win. I feel if your a top team you win 20 to 25 games not 11. Then slid by a 11 win Lewis Co team in district seim . With such high expectations , it`s hard to take a 11 win season. I hope that helped explain.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.