Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Class of 2018----Best Freshmen in Kentucky---Varsity Players
Not saying ,they are not true. My thing is 26 inns, 2k a inn , and 27 walks. opp ba 088 but era 2.55. So if your striking out 2 a inn only walking 1 ,and giving up a hit every 11-12 batters , how do you get a ERA over 2.50 . And ever get a (L). You said control , but if your striking everybody out , and only giving up a walk a inn. Doesn't seem to me a control problem. This is what I cant figure out. too me the numbers don't add up right. Maybe its just me?
-
16th Region Draw
Greenup got a nice draw, East could be a game, but I have them in final. The Boyd and Russell, game could be a really good one . I feel winner will meet Greenup in final. With Greenup going to sweet 16. The West Carter vs Rowan could be a pitching battle , 2 guys throwing 90+. But I did hear West's "big ben" Jordan might not pitch. Arm problem, ? might be hear say. Baseball is a funny game sometimes , so who knows. Good luck Greenup, and get you a Region crown.
-
Greenup County 7 Russell 6
by the way ,if you watch the game. Greenup had a really bad fielding game, not normal. You don't win 28 games fielding like that. GC is a very sound fielding team. Not a good game to judge if , you have never seen them play. One big positive is they fought back after a bad inning ,and got down 5-2, impressive for a very young team. I thought.
-
2015-16 16th Region
Thread kind of died, lets get back to some basketball. It is still baseball for some, and by the way Spindoc GC started 2-6 and I didn't bash Coach Logan. Because he is areal coach, end season 26-10. So that's why I bash Tackett , cause he in the worst coach in state. I really love Basketball, but I 'm not looking forward for this year. will need to run and gun, and play fast. 100$ says it doesn't happen. Greenup will have its 4th losing season in a row. 16th is down, but wont help much. If Greenup played Morgan Co schedule , would have a few more wins. Or a pipeline.
-
Class of 2018----Best Freshmen in Kentucky---Varsity Players
Thanks, still trying to figure it all out. but thanks for responding.
-
Class of 2018----Best Freshmen in Kentucky---Varsity Players
Gage Hughes , 36 games - 130 AB , 398 AVG, 5 K`s and 28 RBI. Hope to get Gammon`s numbers soon.
-
Greenup County 7 Russell 6
Really ? For one, there where more than a few Really bad calls. I`m not one to get on umpires , but the guy at 2nd-3rd was bad last night. If you was there ,you seen it. Plus both Logan s do a great job of taking up for the team and players, as a coach should do in my OP. And it`s not a every game thing with them. so circus might be a little much. But yes Greg was very hot at that ump , more than once .
-
Class of 2018----Best Freshmen in Kentucky---Varsity Players
5-2 in 26 ins, with 53 k`s . that's 2k`s a inning. Is that a typo? 5-2 is 7 games would be 49 innings, not counting 10 run rule. Not saying I don't believe this, but the numbers just don't look right. Why I ask if typo. A .088 era and 2k`s a inning , would think he would have more innings. Hope the kid keeps it up. May Greenup Co and Ohio Co will meet up or play in a tourney sometime. Would be some good young talent.
-
East Carter 4 West Carter 1 (62nd District Championship)
Better be on your game when Big Ben is on the bump. Crazy good, at this rate . Draft - Pick out of high school. The 16th has 2 of the top underclassmen in state Ben Jordan, SO, pitcher (1) in class. Gage Hughes ,Greenup FR, shortstop, (2) in class , and many other good underclassmen in 16th. Good Baseball to come.
-
East Carter 4 West Carter 1 (62nd District Championship)
If East Carter gets Russell in 1st round. They could be a big problem for East. It is Baseball , and strange things happen. Don't see East, beating Greenup Co or Boyd Co.But Boyd has not been playing there best lately. And that's why they play the games, you never know. Greenup has to be Fav to win 16th. Should be fun. Draw will say a lot.
-
Greenup County 7 Russell 6
Greenup Co won the 63rd district tonight over Russell 7-6 in 8 Inns. Greenup came out early with a Jared Hunt 2run homer, but Russell scored 5 in the next Inn. Greenup over come 5 E's in the game to tie it at 6. In the 8th Russell was able to get a runner to 3rd , but couldn't get him in. Greenup got lead off batter Gage Hughes on in bottom of 8th,a Jared Hunt bunt, and bad throw moved Hughes to 3rd. Russell walked (Intent) next GC batter, than with 2 strike's the next Russell pitch it GC batter, to bring Hughes in for winning run. The 5 E's by Greenup , and not a great hitting night. Was not a normal GC game, but will take the win. Zack Hayden came into pitch in 2nd , and was lights out , My MVP For Greenup tonight. Great job Zack, and rest of GC team for battling back, and not giving up when down. Shows so much for a very young team, you boy's did great. Lets keep it up in Region now. Greenup is now 28-10 on season, and cant forget Coach Logan and staff . Great job guys , takes a lot of good coaching. With 3 FR, 3 SO, and 3 JR most nights .
-
2015-16 16th Region
I do get on Jordan Perry s game, that he could do more.
-
2015-16 16th Region
One would think with all of the legal players coming in each year ,and exchange students . Morgan would have won something by now. Looks like teams deal with it every year. I'm sure it will be the same this year.
-
June Basketball
I think. I have herd Coach Cal, say his teams played like it was an AAU game. And it wasn't in a good way. Its all about me, and not the team. The post above says it all, for me.
-
2015-16 16th Region
I take it , there not from the same school. Both just from Maryland.
-
2015-16 16th Region
Redparth was from Maryland, not sure if it was Baltimore. Maybe some one could let us know?
-
2015-16 16th Region
Really ?
-
2015-16 16th Region
Why couldn't he play last year? Grades
-
2015-16 16th Region
Also I'm not comparing Jordan and Jair. BBall-Legend made some posts in past, so I just put that in.
-
2015-16 16th Region
Jair was really bad at foul shots, But Greenup did report some FG%. It was in Ashland paper a few times. Tackett cant even get that done. Jair was poor from line and around basket at times. But Berea is taking a chance, I don't know how it will turn out, but with some work he could be ok. I'm all for any kid who can move on, because I know how hard they have worked. Yes I'm hard on Perry, because I think he is capable of doing more and being a all round good player. More than a scorer. I think him getting snubbed from All-State was because the rest of his game. Lack of rebound, D, and assist's . The Game's I seen him play , he didn't do much other than score. Guarded Greenup 's 3rd guard and same with Rowan. Top players in MOP need to guard 1st or 2nd option. But what do I know, I'm just a hater and coach basher.
-
2015-16 16th Region
They did, Greenup should have won game 2. Lack of coaching is a big problem at Greenup. I 'm not a hater , Jordan can score. But there's more to the game, is all I'm saying. I look at players for more than points, I'm not a "he scores the most , so he's the best".
-
2015-16 16th Region
I can always count on you Spin, for some love... lol
-
2015-16 16th Region
Morgan lost there best player,Redparth. Parry and his 27 a game didn't get him all state. You thought it was funny when I said Jair Jackson ,should have been co 16th POY, by the way Jair made All State team. Perry better start playing a lot more D ,and rebound more. From What I seen Morgan was Redparth, and Perry. Didn't see a 3rd, just some role players. I all most for got, you said Jordan cant D up , because he would be to tired to score, and cherry pick. Morgan will win a few game's but not win 16th. I'm sure they play a bunch of weak team's , as they did last season. Jordan will get his points and that's fine, but Morgan will be mid to low at best. The 16th is wide open. Elliot and Lewis maybe. I feel It will be a great year to watch how the 16th pans out. By the way good luck Greenup Co, you'll need it with Tackett still coaching.
-
Greenup County 3 St Xavier 1
Great win for Greenup Co. Why to go boys!
-
2015-16 16th Region
Have all the new energy you want, but you still need players. Villers , better get all the big time players walking the hall`s or could be another long year. Russell not sure about yet, not really any big time players, I do think Brewer will have a better year. Elliot my be my pick for now. The Lose of Hon Ment all state Jair Jackson and Tackett sill there will hurt Greenup, But many returning play `s will help some. Toss up and week 16th