Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X`s and O`s

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by X`s and O`s

  1. I`m thinking Raceland had a few starters out the last time they played, so it will be a different Raceland team. Not sure if Conner Messer played , he`s been playing some good ball lately. With Raceland`s speed at the guard pos, I think they will slow Perry down. Should be a good one, Raceland 55 - 47, Raceland make`s ft`s at the end to pull it out..
  2. Last 63rd district team left... Good win Raceland, now beat Morgan.
  3. A 7 point win is close , when Morgan made there FT`s at the end. Against a team that's 5-26.. Perry only 13 point`s , Ashland must have stopped him from shooting so many lay-ups like he does in most games.... One thing positive for Morgan is they won , with Perry only scoring 13. I didn't fig they could win with out him scoring more. I`m sure Raceland and Fleming watched the Ashland "D" on Perry, and he will see it again real soon.
  4. With players like that , sounds like a big '' L '' for the year. My OP is you need both regular and post season success. To call it a successful season. ( unless you have no talent , predicted to win only a few games ,and then win 12 or 13 and maybe a post season game. ) could call that a success. Greenup co last year was 12 -16 in regular, then won district, and a regional game. The post season was kind of a success , but with out the regular not being , I wouldn't call it a totally successful season.. To me 20 or more regular season win`s , and a district championship ,pulse a few regional games (wins ) , I would call a success..... Now making the sweet 16 and win a few , would be even better , but for most schools that is few and far between. So I`m saying a really good regular season and district champ, at lest 1 regional win , would work for most schools.
  5. Close game... I was guessing 63-47 Morgan. Guess I got the Morgan win , and Ashland points right. 2 out of 3 !
  6. I think Morgan will win,, but I also think this could be the big upset of the region . If Miller is 100% and Villers gets hot ,look out. If Ashland plays physical ( I think Morgan is soft, as a softball ) and keeps Redparth from another big double - double , and Perry to 20. Could be the upset. With all that said , = probably not going to happen. Morgan 63 - Ashland 47.
  7. No, that's how you get beat. Just because you beat a team really bad, doesn't mean you will every time. That's why they still play the games. Greenup is very capable of beating a team like Rowan, it`s not like Greenup doesn't have any talent. And the game was really close at different points, Rowan did a nice job , holding on to the lead.
  8. What I seen of the 9th region ref`s, looked pretty good. Every game always has a call or two, that is not good. But what I seen in the 2 games I watched was good.. My op so far ,so good for the 9th ref`s . I hope the 16th are doing a good job for the 9th.
  9. The boys from the Hook are hot, playing some good team ball right now. Rowan better be on there game, starting to like this Elliott team more and more.
  10. If Rowan doesn't play better , Elliott will win. My op Rowan was flat, looking past Greenup. That was a perfect chance for a Greenup upset, just didn't take advantage of it. Thanks again Harold, for messing up what could have been a great season.. Now please move on !
  11. Doesn't sound like much D in this one! I`m sure it was fun to watch. Lawrence sure can fill it up, next game will be a little tuff. I think.! I like Sheldon Clark .
  12. I have no dog in fight, In My OP this is the place to , why not it is an OP site. And every body has a user name, so I hate when people talk about hiding be hind a key board. Onceuponatime gave her OP about a game and a player, so what. This is the place for it. I have never seen either team or the Dossett girl play, so I don't know much, I get she was POY, and Is a shooter. The thing about a shooter is there will be off nights, there will be nights you make everything , and nights miss everything, 15 points doesn't sound to bad. And being POY , I`m sure the other team`s game plan was to do as much as they could stop her,. That can make for a off night. With that said, I think a few people are giving onceuponatime to much hate, its a OP site , good or bad.
  13. Really , wasn't like that for the boy`s in regular season, Who knows. True makes for a sloppy game with no flow.
  14. That is one thing that drives me crazy about refs, call your area, happens in the 16th some and that my big complaint, I`m a former ref so I no a little about areas, I don't bash refs much ,because I know it is a very tuff job.
  15. Gage Hughes, FR , Greenup co. 2 year starter basketball, broke O J Mayo`s rec of points scored in a regional game by a 8th grader. Baseball, My OP best sport. Started 2nd base as 7th and 8th grader, and batted leadoff most off last year. Batting Avg around 300 both years. This year will move to shortstop. D-1 baseball player at this rate. Kyle Gammon , FR Basketball and Baseball, Has played well this year in varsity basketball, and will play varsity baseball. Very possible college baseball player.
  16. That's not what I was wanting here. LOL , I really hope Greenup co wins , but I don't think they will. and the ref`s wont be the problem. The 9th got the 16th, They should be pretty good, let them play, but did see some calls in district games that I really didn't see much all year. I think the 9th will be happy with the 16ths refs.
  17. Congrats to him, the 4.0 is great. Its hard to do what he has done at any school, let alone JC. Who is a big school and wins a lot at both sports. Very impressive.
  18. Gage Hughes , Greenup Co. Shortstop and switch hitter. Freshman 2015. Has started varsity at 2nd base, his 7th, and 8th grade year. Also batting leadoff in 2014 season. Greenup has won district both years and made a run in region.. A top team in the 16th each year... Some D1 looks . Also Kyle Gammon fr 2015, 2nd base, nice player. Really good range and speed. Greenup should be very strong in 2015.
  19. what is there style ? I`m sure it is the best from 9th. Do they call it tight , or let them play?
  20. I would say ALL region coaches would want that... Not cool Mr. Viking.. lol
  21. I think Morgan Co will win, a lot of times there is a upset, and this is the only one I could see. Elliott beating Boyd is not a upset in my OP. Now Elliott over Rowan ,( if both win) would be big.
  22. Should be a few good game`s. I`m thinking if Nick Miller is 100% and the way Villers can score, Ashland could pull off the only upset I can see. I think you nailed it, but ya never know, this time of year. Rowan will do every thing they can to keep Gage Hughes , from a repeat of last years 1st round game. Nice job on thread !!
  23. Did the coach of year come out for 16th, and how about all region reg season teams ?
  24. Wow great thread, wish there was 1 for the 16th.. And I`ll take Johnson Cent, to win 15th

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.