Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dalton Adkins - Johnson Central

Featured Replies

Another thread discussed multiple sport athletes so I thought it would be nice to share a unique fact about Dalton Adkins (Starting G for Johnson Central).

 

Dalton stands at 5'8'', has a 4.0 GPA, and is number 1 in his class of 256 along with fellow starter Kyle Gullett. But what many will never realize is that Dalton has started more basketball games (126) and more football games (48) than anyone in the history of the school. To me, this is an amazing accomplishment at a school the size of JCHS, with the history it possesses in many sports. To say that no person has started more football games and no person has started more basketball games is very impressive. Dalton has never missed a game for any reason (football or basketball) and has had great success at both levels. In football he holds every major recieving record and has won 4 consecutive District Titles. In baksetball he has won 3 Consecutive 15th Region Titles (favorite this year to make it 4) and is just a few points shy of 1,000.

 

When you think of Johnson Central football you may think of J.J. Jude or Ian Welch and when you think of basketball you may think of Harry Meek or Shane Hall (just to name a few). But Dalton Adkins is the "Wah-Wah Jones" of Johnson Central High School. To come in as a Freshman and start varsity on the football team and basketball team, win titles for all 4 years, and never miss a game is something special. None of the other greats at JCHS could do it and I felt this young man deserved some recognition becuase this record has never been mentioned.

 

Does anyone else have a student athlete with a similar record? Thoughts or comments?

Congrats to him, the 4.0 is great. Its hard to do what he has done at any school, let alone JC. Who is a big school and wins a lot at both sports. Very impressive.

  • Author
Congrats to him, the 4.0 is great. Its hard to do what he has done at any school, let alone JC. Who is a big school and wins a lot at both sports. Very impressive.

 

Pound for pound he is one of the best all-around athletes I have ever seen and an even better person. He is a pleasure to speak with after games and carries himself, his family, and his community with pride and respect. Just a great kid and great role model for younger generations to look up to! Wanted to give him his due becuase doing things the right way (in and out of the classroom) sometimes get overlooked when it shouldnt. I know the BGP community appreciates stories like this, hence the post, as they were probably unaware of this young man.

That's awesome. I really enjoy little stories like this. I've not heard or read (unless I missed it), but what's his plans after HS? Will he play basketball or football anywhere? I'm sure he'll be accepted and can do just about anything he wants with the 4.0 GPA

  • Author
That's awesome. I really enjoy little stories like this. I've not heard or read (unless I missed it), but what's his plans after HS? Will he play basketball or football anywhere? I'm sure he'll be accepted and can do just about anything he wants with the 4.0 GPA

 

He has not committed to any school at this time but would like to play either sport if offered. I'm not sure as to what career goals he has, but as Governor Scholar with a 29 on his ACT im sure he can do about anything he wants. If / when he does committ I will update the post. The more I think about it he may be closer to the 5'10'' mark as well. I dont have it, but would love to see his 40 time, he is the fatest player end to end (not laterally) I have seen in the past 5 years and that includes athletes like James Bolden, Quinton Snyder, Braxton Beverly, Trey Ivory, Quinton Gooding, etc. etc.

He has not committed to any school at this time but would like to play either sport if offered. I'm not sure as to what career goals he has, but as Governor Scholar with a 29 on his ACT im sure he can do about anything he wants. If / when he does committ I will update the post. The more I think about it he may be closer to the 5'10'' mark as well. I dont have it, but would love to see his 40 time, he is the fatest player end to end (not laterally) I have seen in the past 5 years and that includes athletes like James Bolden, Quinton Snyder, Braxton Beverly, Trey Ivory, Quinton Gooding, etc. etc.

 

I have heard that Dalton would be going to Centre for football but not 100% certain because of him still participating in basketball. One thing that I'm going to miss next season, as will the rest of us, is the smile he always carried on his face. It didn't matter if it was practice or a game, he was truly happy doing what he was doing and was a great teammate to all.

  • Author
I have heard that Dalton would be going to Centre for football but not 100% certain because of him still participating in basketball. One thing that I'm going to miss next season, as will the rest of us, is the smile he always carried on his face. It didn't matter if it was practice or a game, he was truly happy doing what he was doing and was a great teammate to all.

 

Well said! Great to hear he will be playing at Centre. Great school with tons of tradition. Who could forget when they beat Havard 6-0 for the national championship in the early 1900's (Wait, how old am I?).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.