Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland joins ranks of schools looking for coach

Featured Replies

I have it on good authority that the announcement will come on Monday.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good authority that the announcement will come on Monday.

 

Wow!

Not really a surprise. That definitely wasn't an Ashland basketball team this season.

I know of a coach they have already reached out to about the position a couple of weeks ago. Figured this would be coming before the month was over. Ashland has some excellent talent coming up through the middle school ranks.

I know of a coach they have already reached out to about the position a couple of weeks ago. Figured this would be coming before the month was over. Ashland has some excellent talent coming up through the middle school ranks.

 

And they have some good underclassmen coming back too. With the right coach in there they could be relevant again in the 16th soon.

16thBBallfan,

If Ashland is going to make a move then the person already contacted must be the person they want. It sounds like a done deal.

 

Very similar to the Russell scenario.

16thBBallfan,

If Ashland is going to make a move then the person already contacted must be the person they want. It sounds like a done deal.

 

Very similar to the Russell scenario.

 

Not really not real sure the coach wants to take the job. Just said they contacted them about a interest.

Sorry for Buddy that it had to come to this. Coaching is a cruel and heartless profession. You are only as good as your last season.

 

If you succeed, you are expected to. If you come up short, you are often replaced by someone perceived to have a better chance of achieving success than yourself.

 

Buddy Biggs is a good man with the best interest of the Ashland program at heart. Hopefully, he left on his own terms.

  • Author
16thBBallfan,

If Ashland is going to make a move then the person already contacted must be the person they want. It sounds like a done deal.

 

Very similar to the Russell scenario.

I highly doubt it's a done deal.

Crazy, I think its a very bad move, 1 bad year, best player hurt most of year, and not much talent. Whellersburg OH,, did this a few years ago, from what I here about Ashland sound`s a lot alike .. hasn't turned out to well for burg, the last 2 seasons have been real bad. way worse than the last coach ever came close too. WOW

I had a feeling this was coming. It's expected, so I can deal with it.

Crazy' date=' I think its a very bad move, 1 bad year, best player hurt most of year, and not much talent. Whellersburg OH,, did this a few years ago, from what I here about Ashland sound`s a lot alike .. hasn't turned out to well for burg, the last 2 seasons have been real bad. way worse than the last coach ever came close too. WOW[/quote']

 

 

The man hasn't achieved anything since he's been here. Ashland isn't Wheelersburg, ill take my chances on a new coach. It can't get any worse than this season, which was the worst season in Ashlands history.

Not a Biggs fan, but not sure he earned being let go. As was mentioned, if Miller was healthy and Thornton doesnt move, Ashland would have been competitive in the 16th.

I too thought this would happen, Best of luck to coach Biggs in the future.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.