Everything posted by El Corazon
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
Because basketball is performance based and although they may be young the question is did they get out of their district? Did they lose their big man who if I recall was pretty good? Do they have anybody to replace him? Looking up scoring averages from last year doesn't seem to be the best predictor of who is going to be good or not, the fact is these kids are good but have they won a big game when it counts?
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
Did Spencer even make the regional tournament? How would they qualify? There are at least 4 teams that I would rank above Spencer at this time from the 8th. Until they prove themselves don't see how they would be in contention for the KOB.
-
Oldham County 57 Gallatin County 36 (8th Region Semifinal)
In speaking to all the fouls called this might have been one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. Give credit to both coaches for the defense but the officials did not let either side get into an offensive rhythm. I feel sorry for the 5th region these guys were just down right bad for both teams. I don't guess anyone told those guys that we paid to watch the players play the game not the officials disrupt and make for a horrid flow to what could have been a really good game between two good teams with two really good coaches.
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
Gallatin has the Bowen kid back and he is playing well, (all tourney team 31st dist.) another weapon for Jon Jones and his boys.
-
Bluegrasspreps.com 2018 - Inside the 8th Region 2-12-18
The Polar Bears have a decent team every once in awhile but watching Gallatin play my team year after year no one plays harder than Gallatin quit putting them down
-
Bluegrasspreps.com 2018 - Inside the 8th Region 2-5-18
If I am not mistaken hasn't Bowen been out for Gallatin the last couple of weeks? He could be a difference maker come district and regional time.
-
Simon Kenton/Walton Verona Predictions
Heard Lay and Clinkenbread got hurt in the Owen County game, any truth to this?
-
Owen County 55 Gallatin County 51
Saw them get beat by Walton and GC was bad that game but they came to play this game. The Williams kid is the real deal just an outsider looking in thought the refs gift wrapped this game to Owen.
-
Owen County 55 Gallatin County 51
Went to watch this game to see Williams came away disappointed. Thought the refs were in Duvall's pocket. Williams should have got a technical for tripping Gallatin's big kid and a horrible non call on a three pointer by the Beckham kid was horrible. There was also two suspect calls that cost Gallatin about 6 points on calls after shots were made. Duvall had the refs in his pocket Owen got all the calls. Other than these calls great game.
-
Is there a bias against NKY teams down state?
Not so I rooted for Holmes 1 year and against Boone County another. I never root for a private school no matter where they are from. I live south of Walton and agree that Hurt should have been called for the goaltend but am glad it was not called. There is no bias just people grasping for reasons why their teams can't win the state tournament.
-
South Oldham 50 Simon Kenton 47 (8th Region Championship)
It seems to me that laughable is a good way to describe the lack of support that SK receives when the tournament rolls around.
-
South Oldham 50 Simon Kenton 47 (8th Region Championship)
Well I for one have been to every 8th region tournament since SK joined the region and it is true they never have brought a good crowd. The second worst attended final was the SK Oldham final a few years back, I think it was in 07. Complain about the drive all you want the fan base is simply horrible.
-
Should private schools be a part of the K.H.S.A.A.
Do the kids that go to the private schools go there to get a Christian Education or to play sports? It wouldn't matter if that were the argument how many schools were left to play in the private division.
-
Newport Central Catholic 34 Gallatin County 12
Channel 5 has the replay of the Gallatin Co TD pass on 4th down in the first half. I think ref was concentrating so much on if the receiver was in bounds that he never saw that he never caught the ball. Who knows if it was a TD or not quit whining you won.
-
Newport Central Catholic 34 Gallatin County 12
The fans were pretty quiet in the first half except for the constant whining. Maybe a little still waiting for that running clock though. By the way still pulling for a Breds win the rest of the way, got to stick with a NKY team. I also think we were a little better than you all gave us credit for.
-
Newport Central Catholic 34 Gallatin County 12
Then trust me some of the so called jv played a lot during the game, your jersey doesn't acquire a games worth of dirt in 1 possession. What about that running clock did anyone see it I am still waiting for it from you superstar prognosticators. It seemed like a whole bunch of the NCC crowd was stunned in the first half. The fans were pretty quiet in the first half except for the constant whining. Then in the second half when their team made their run they just became down right obnoxious.
-
Newport Central Catholic 34 Gallatin County 12
What happened to the running clock being predicted on here? Looks like Gallatin was a little better than most predicted on here. The jv comment is way off base when I looked out there on the last play there were an awful lot of dirty jerseys. Also a holding call that was completely bogus opened the flood gates after GC stopped a NCC drive.
-
2A Playoffs: Newport Central Catholic vs. Gallatin County
I don't think you can overlook GC NCC struggles against the pass and GC passes much better than WV.
-
Cantralls' Class 2A Rankings (11-11-13)
Cantrall's computer is an idiot. His basketball rankings are ridiculous and now I know his football rankings are the same.
-
Villa Madonna 2013/2014
Down year without Von Handorf and Phelps.
-
Gallatin County 26 Covington Holy Cross 19
I am not allowed to say what I want to.
-
Gallatin County 26 Covington Holy Cross 19
Nky team I thought they were both Nky teams. I like how you guys talk about Nky like your the only 3 counties in the state that are northern. Why don't you say northern most part of Kentucky you arrogant things you. Clyde are you sure you are not a fence jumper? I think if HC wins the game you talk about HC's tough schedule and how you knew they would win the game.
-
2013-2014 Region Favorites
Not being mean but Grant has no shot without Carr.
-
NCKC All-Conference Team
I guess I am going to have to give it up to Morgan, Gallatin wins the confrence and only has 1 member on this team. Congrats to all who made it.
-
Simon Kenton 53 Walton Verona 47
Originally Posted by Khalid That's just something that people who don't know X's and O's but still want to be coaches say. If you think that what happens to a team is more than just coaching your kidding yourself. There are factors that go beyond the moves a coach makes in practice and on the court. I personally think Coach Tramme knows a great deal about basketball but there were other factors that did not let this team live up to our expectations from their freshman year to this year.