Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Oldham 50 Simon Kenton 47 (8th Region Championship)

Featured Replies

Great game to listen to.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Great season Pioneers really had fun watching you play this year!

Darn! Darn! Darn! Was following this on twitter and bgp all night... Was REALLY hoping SK would pull it out! Shout to Steiner and the boys on their run, they finished strong. A lot to be proud of.

Twice in three years SK loses on a three at the buzzer!!! The curse of Roy L. Winchester Gymnasium haunts them.

Great year for the Neers. Great overall high school career for BK. Went out strong.

........

 

Really happy to see SK advance to the championship game and take it right to the wire. Would have loved to see them get over the hump, but a great post-season run nonetheless.

I got a bit excited for a nano second when Morrison grabbed the missed free throw but apparently SO was opportunistic in stripping him and hitting the final bucket.

Can someone describe the ending for us.

Can someone describe the ending for us.

 

SK trailed by three, had the ball with 30 seconds left, Morrison hit a deuce with 5 seconds or so, then fouled. SO missed the front end, Morrison grabbed the board and once he turned around SO stole the ball and hit a layup with time expiring. I wasn't their but that's what Colonel Mike and his crew broadcasted.

Your eyes close, your muscles tense up, your heart rate spikes.....

 

I'm going out "on top" if you know what I mean. So many of those will still be happening.

I was very disappointed in the Simon faithful. Your team played like champions, you should be very proud of them. Your coach had a brilliant game plan. Where were your fans? That was the worst crowd for a final I have ever seen. SK did not fill up half of one side in the lower seating. Your team deserved better!

I was very disappointed in the Simon faithful. Your team played like champions, you should be very proud of them. Your coach had a brilliant game plan. Where were your fans? That was the worst crowd for a final I have ever seen. SK did not fill up half of one side in the lower seating. Your team deserved better!

 

I agree; as good as a run as this team made in the tourney, I would have thought they would have received better support from the community. I was very disappointed. It might have had something to do with the awful traffic on 71 that was down to 1 lane and backed up for miles but I don't think so.

I was very disappointed in the Simon faithful. Your team played like champions, you should be very proud of them. Your coach had a brilliant game plan. Where were your fans? That was the worst crowd for a final I have ever seen. SK did not fill up half of one side in the lower seating. Your team deserved better!

 

That's a shame. In the regional finals and can't even fill up the lower seating sections! WOW!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.