Everything posted by Got-No-Game
-
Can Cheerleaders Cheer During A Free Throw?
Evidently there is a rule in Volleyball - this happened a few years ago.
-
Which was the best 4 year run at NewCath???
I vote 2005-2008. The 2008 is one of the best team in NCC history. They beat a Simon Kenton team (37-15) that went to the 6A Championship game. Beat a Beechwood team (31-20) that won the 1A State Championship. Lost to CovCath on a last second “fluke” catch and lost the state finial to a very special Fort Campbell team on a last minute trick play. They were 2 plays away from an undefeated championship season with tough competition.
-
Is Eddie Eviston out at Newport Central Catholic?
That 2009 team had one of the toughest schedules that Newcath has had over the past 10 years! How I judge a coach is - has the team won a game in which ther were not supposed to win? I don't think that in coach Evistion's 3 years they did win a game that they were an underdog, I know they lost a few when they were the favorite. Not a knock on Coach Eviston, I think he did a great job and my boys are better men for having played for him, but I don't think he belongs on a pedestal either. Coach Lyons would be a huge mistake as head coach!!
-
Is Eddie Eviston out at Newport Central Catholic?
Dan Wagner started coaching at his alma mater around 1984 as a freshman / JV / Varsity assistant and JV Baseball Coach, went to Campbell County High School in the early 90’s then returned to Newcath in 2000 and has been DC ever since. He may have been at another school in Ohio for a year or so but I can’t remember. He was a finalist for Head Coach when Bob Schneider left and I for one was very surprised when he returned as DC when he was passed over for the job. I can’t think of a better replacement that will remain at Newcath for many years. I think he is currently a teacher at Campbell County Middle School.
-
Kentucky Class 2A Football Rankings for 9-10
If Newcath loses vs. Simon Kenton (which I think they will) and possibly fall out of the top 10, when was the last time Newcath was out of the top 10??
- 14 replies
-
- 2012 rankings
- 2a rankings
- ballard memorial
- bardstown
-
Tagged with:
- 2012 rankings
- 2a rankings
- ballard memorial
- bardstown
- butler county
- caldwell county
- carroll county
- covington holy cross
- danville
- desales
- football
- fort knox
- hancock county
- high school
- lexington christian
- lloyd memorial
- louisville christian
- murray
- newport central catholic
- owensboro catholic
- prestonsburg
- rankings
- somerset
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions (2A Playoffs)
NCC Had a bigger signature win that year (2006) they won State!
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions (2A Playoffs)
My father who graduated from Newport Catholic in the early 50’s did not like the “NewCath” term. It's all a generational thing.
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions (2A Playoffs)
This is why I rarely post on this BGP: Your best balanced team already got beat by 17 less than a month ago. Are you telling me that your players and coaching have erased those 17 points by playing Holmes, Carroll County and Owen County?
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions (2A Playoffs)
I've heard that in '06, '07, '08 and '09,,,,,what is different about this team?
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions (2A Playoffs)
I think I did when I talked about October 22nd,,,,,who really cares about the other games, it's silly!
-
Covington Holy Cross vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions (2A Playoffs)
The talking back and forth about a “signature” win is silly! The only game that HC should be concerned about is the game played on October 22nd and how they are going to improve on a 17 point deficit. Newcath rolls on to the next round 42-7. If you want to talk about signature wins,,,, Newcath has a few in their history, 1984, 2005, 2006, 2010.
-
Newport Central Catholic/Bishop Brossart Predictions
I’m going to guess that most of the posts are from St. Joe and St. Mary alums and/or parishioners. Traditionally those two schools have sent many kids to both NCC and BB so there is that kind of rivalry. I had siblings that went to BB and I went to NC and another sibling went to OLP. My nieces and nephews have gone to both schools (mine attend NCC) so I’m sure this is common throughout the posters on this thread. Trust me, at the family gatherings if BB beat NCC in anything I hear about it!
-
NCC Frosh Football
As Freshman they had a very difficult schedule, they we're tied with Highlands late in the 4th and had a good shot at beating them so they we not that bad.
-
All "A" State Tournament To Frankfort In 2012
You forgot Comfort Suites in Newport and Holiday Inn Express in Bellevue.
-
2011 Top Players on Defense in NKY
Martin was also a Junior, he is a very good player. He'll be a 4 year starter at DT which is a very rare feat at Newcath.
-
2011 Top Players on Defense in NKY
I think you mean Logan Martin, Evan Morse was out with an ACL/MCL tear but he will be back next year.
-
Campbell County Has Their Coach
Also Silver Grove Ind. School Dist.
-
Newport Central Catholic 42 Owensboro Catholic 0
I'll be the first to say it! I played for Bob Schneider, my boy's played and won a ring with Bob and I have great respect for Bob,,,,but,,,,this year was the best coached Newcath team ever! Great job coach Eviston and the '10 Breds!
-
Camels Coach Styer Stepping Down
What about coach Brown from Pendleton? He would be a great young coach, it maybe what CC needs.
-
2A: Corbin/Newport Central Catholic Predictions
I have heard that Jack just might play basketball this year.
-
2A: Holy Cross at Newport Central Catholic predictions
And went on to win State as a #3 seed.
-
2A: Holy Cross at Newport Central Catholic predictions
Those posters were not Newcath faithful I can assure you! I can tell you that this will be a battle and Newcath better take care of the football and make sure the Zebra’s keep the flag’s in their pocket to win this game. I think this game is going to be a precursor to many regular season and regional finial games similar to the battles between Newcath and Beechwood in 1A. I think Newcath will win this by a small margin, but I would not be surprised by a Holy Cross win.
-
Highlands/Simon Kenton 2011
If SK and HH would schedule a game next year it would have to be played at PBS, which is the closest venue that would hold the enormous ego’s of these two programs!
-
High School Football..Dave Cantrall's Ratings
Newcath did beat both CovCath and Dixie and Beechwood lost to both of those teams.
-
Worst call in high school history
This series between Newcath and Beechwood was conceived by Bob Schneider and Noel Rash after Newcath’s move up to 2A. The purpose of this series was to prepare each team for the tough situations that will occur in the playoffs. Can everyone agree that this objective has been reached? This whole thread reminds me of the JFK conspiracy: Photo’s = Zapruder Film The Track = Grassy Knoll The Referee = Warren Commission Announcer = Walter Cronkite