Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worst call in high school history

Featured Replies

Beechwood kid drops the two point conversion,, ref syas he didn't, beechwood wins in double overtime.

 

 

Its wasn't like it was a close call kid just dropped the ball not even a hit on him

Edited by dshoe40
spelling

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the final score? You're saying that Beechwood beat NCC tonight? That must be a big upset, no?

Could have been a drop, either way, NC did a lot of things tonight that didn't help them win. They had an unbelievable amount of penalties, which most of were completely senseless. If they are going to advance deep in the playoffs and have a serious chance at winning state, these kinds of problems cannot happen. Plain and simple.

It was not even close to a catch. Cable was there - we watched the replay not even close to a catch. Official had to see it = but decided to make the wrong call anyway. Unfortunately, neither team will be happy with this one. BW knows they lost and NCC will get the lost. At least NCC knows they won.

I was 6 feet away. Beechwood kid never had control of the ball and lost it throught the end zone after a good hit from the NCC player.

 

Easily one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time. It is a shame it cost New Cath the game. I will admit that the ref was in great position for the call, I just do not understand what he was looking at.

Worst call in high school history????? Give me a break. No hyperbole tonight, huh?

Beechwood kid drops the two point conversion,, ref syas he didn't, beechwood wins in double overtime.

 

 

Its wasn't like it was a close call kid just dropped the ball not even a hit on him

 

Here we go with the crybabies aleady. Bottom line, the kid had the ball, stuck it over the goal line, it got knocked out. Touchdown (or extra point in this situation) good. No controversy at all. Only in the NCC fans minds.

It was not even close to a catch. Cable was there - we watched the replay not even close to a catch. Official had to see it = but decided to make the wrong call anyway. Unfortunately, neither team will be happy with this one. BW knows they lost and NCC will get the lost. At least NCC knows they won.

 

Funny! I don't think they know they lost. They know they won ...40-39. You missed a good game!

I respect Beechwood's program and the guts to go for two. Watch the replay when available. I stand by my post. very bad call!! just stating the facts, I had no dog in the fight.

 

It was a great game, I just do noy like when the final outcome is determined by incompetence.

This will be an easy one to clear up. I know the BW coaches are some of the men around - they will be honest about this. It's on film already so they will be able to tell you that it was not a good exra point. Already saw the play - there is no one seeing this play would believe it was good. Not sure what the official saw. Have to believe he saw it also - just made a poor call

How many of you have actually seen it on replay? I saw it as soon as the play ended and it was definetly good. Also remember this comes from a netrual "fan" that was there covering the game.

 

Newcath fans will argue all day and night it was the wrong call, but seeing it on replay, the kid got in before fumbling.

 

For the few that are complaining about the call, you're seriously taking away from both teams' KIDS and a great game. Stay classy.

As a NewCath grad I didn't like the call, but it's over, lick your wounds and move on. Even though the Breds lost it was very entertaining. Both teams put on a great show for the fans. This is why I wish there was another 10 weeks of High School football.

 

If you want to see the worst call, better yet "non call" check out the Lone Oak vs Green County game from about 5 weeks ago. You can find on youtube or Ihigh. Absolute joke.

I was 6 feet away. Beechwood kid never had control of the ball and lost it throught the end zone after a good hit from the NCC player.

 

Easily one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time. It is a shame it cost New Cath the game. I will admit that the ref was in great position for the call, I just do not understand what he was looking at.

 

Only way you could be 6 feet away was if you were a player or ref!

 

What were you wearing? What you doing on the Beechwood sideline?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

How many of you have actually seen it on replay? I saw it as soon as the play ended and it was definetly good. Also remember this comes from a netrual "fan" that was there covering the game.

 

Newcath fans will argue all day and night it was the wrong call, but seeing it on replay, the kid got in before fumbling.

 

For the few that are complaining about the call, you're seriously taking away from both teams' KIDS and a great game. Stay classy.

 

Has this play been put on Youtube or Ihigh? If so, I would like to see it as a neutral observer.

only way you could be 6 feet away was if you were a player or ref!

 

what were you wearing? what you doing on the beechwood sideline?

 

In fairness to him, at Newport Stadium where that play took place, he could conceivably been as close as 10ft from the play and been right on the goal line. There were people on the track right there.

Edited by mexitucky

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.