Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can Cheerleaders Cheer During A Free Throw?

Featured Replies

After the game I attended tonight, saw a parent from Team A confront Cheerleading Coach from Team B about doing a "Rebound" cheer during free throws. Parent said it's against khsaa rules. Is she right? If so, where can I find the rule? Thanks in advance.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can a bear poop in the woods?

  • Author
Can a bear poop in the woods?

 

Only if it's not constipated.

They cheer throughout every shot that's taken, so why wouldn't they be allowed to cheer during free throws? Doesn't make since to let them cheer from start to finish or from start to the whistle blowing on a shooting foul to make them be quite while shooting free throws.

It's a fair question. There are regulations apparently on when the band is allowed to play in a football contest.

I mean don't student sections make noise during free throws?

I'd be more distracted if they didn't cheer, I love all the noise. It's kind of like when I read I need music on to "drowned out" everything around me.

  • Author
Let me guess, team A lost?

 

Team A won by 38. Even more confusing to me.

 

Parent for Team A has a daughter who cheers on Team A.

I would think they could but don't know for certain. I've seen it happen often and don't recall any issues with it. A quick search of some KHSAA cheerleading rules did find some regulations for basketball games but the only thing mentioned about the free throw was being outside the lane.

  • Author
I would think they could but don't know for certain. I've seen it happen often and don't recall any issues with it. A quick search of some KHSAA cheerleading rules did find some regulations for basketball games but the only thing mentioned about the free throw was being outside the lane.

 

Found that too, along with 30 sec TO procedure.

I've never paid attention but I can't imagine it would be against the rules. This ain't tennis or golf.

I've never paid attention but I can't imagine it would be against the rules. This ain't tennis or golf.

 

They can cheer during FTs.

 

Only rule in basketball about noise regards artificial noisemakers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.