Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

toughman13

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by toughman13

  1. Coopers defense will hold the key to this game, Newcath has an explosive running game.
  2. I agree with JoaT, playmakers would see a lot of playing time on my squad. All in all I wasn't sure how NCC would come out of the gate on this one, But I will say that even with the turnovers, the kids never let down until to final buzzer sounded. There is more depth on this years team than last, and I think Coach Wagner displayed that in his opener.
  3. Newcath dominated all around from varsity down to freshman. Franzen looked great and did the while defense. They held Holmes tight with only one Long run. Cant wait until next week to get the season started. Its going to be a true gridiron test for newcath the first half of the season.
  4. This will be another exciting year for the Breds, they may have lost some pretty skilled talent, but they replaced that with some pretty good talent. Should be fun to watch.
  5. Durham was only from Bellevue for a very short time. His family moved around alot. Don't blame the kid, he only goes wheres his family takes him, and he ended up out in the county. No matter where he ended up, he would be a great athlete at any school.
  6. This game will be an interesting matchup, even though SK is playing some outstanding football, NCC has had some time to think about the ass whooping they got 2 weeks ago. On the other note, some key players for the Breds should be back in uniform healthy and ready to play. The key to this game is turnovers, whoever capitalizes on them wins this ones. Should be a great game and night for some football.
  7. I've been taking in some of the Bellevue games, so I would have to take Carroll on this one, 28-14.
  8. Fist of all, you are comparing apples to oranges here. As I do think that Durham is a very good athlete, there's no way you can compare him to Hightchew. After all is said and done when Durhams highschool career is over, it will not matchup to what Hightchew did. So stop trying to compare a kid who is having a great start this season to one of the best athletes in NKY in the past five years.
  9. This game was sooooooooo bad I have no comment, except, good game Camels.
  10. Not real sure why coach replaced the kicker from the beginning of the game, he was putting it down around the 10-15 yard line. I will have to say that when the short kick came and gave mcnick only 60 yards to drive the ball down field, can't always blame the defense.
  11. Yes, that is correct, he was out saturday due to ankle, but after the game he bumped his head in an ATV accident which lead to the staples, so if the ankle was a go for this weekend against the Camels, he has set himself back another week or so do to the head injury. I guess you can say, boys will be boys.
  12. Just got the word in, Brady Thacker will be out again this week due to an ATV accident that managed to install some staples into his head, not sure how Coach Eviston reacted to this off field injury. The kid already had a boot on from an ankle injury the prior week. So with that said, NCC will be short some of there key players again this week. I'm not sure how deep NCC can go on the bench to be able to match up with a big Camel team.
  13. I'm sure you are talking about Tyler Durham. The man is one heck of an athlete, I coached him in youth football, but I'm sure Newcath will have a few good men back in action this week. I don't see a blow out by any means but I will have to still take NCC on top by a margin of 28-21.
  14. First things first, I was at the game and Newcath went into this tough matchup without many key players, including Thacker, Brooks, Sudkamp, and Lenz. Hard to pressure when most of the offense and defense of lines are sidelined by injures, not to mention that Mcnick was a very good team with alot of depth.
  15. Will they be using MR Perfect today or does he only show up if there's no soccer game.....stay tuned
  16. Mr. Atkins is a personal friend of mine and he is the definition of a fine quality BIG man!!
  17. Who takes the win in the creek crossing battle
  18. Found out yesterday, Tommy's injury was worse than thought, but one tough kid, He'll be a threat next year. If Newcath can hold on to the ball and not give up much defensive yards, Newcath should roll on to victory. Will be interesting to see if there's any changes this week in Newcath kicking game, I heard that they were working with a soccer player, but Newcaths other kicker was out the last 2 weeks with injury.....can't wait for this one.
  19. Obviously my post didn't come across as I intended. I think at receiver he's not just one of the best in the state but likely one of the best in the country. I think at running back he has the potential to be one of the best in the state. As for Mr. Football its not about if or buts its about what you did this year. AC has all the talent in the world and his team is one of if not the best team in the state but he just didn't play enough IMO to get Mr. Football. His team is going to succeed with or without him.
  20. I guess I'm the only one that is going to be real here. Great kid. Great Family. Tremendous talent. But his numbers aren't there this year. Why all the accolades for a kid that hasn't played a lot of D this year and is in the wrong offensive position for what ever reason. Should have stayed at receiver. Numbers aren't there for running back all state or any other offensive awards and as far as Defensive he has been hurt and hasn't played a great deal.
  21. I don't remember Bellevue having trouble moving the ball? What I remember about the game is Bellevue having trouble holding on to the ball. It was a complete mud hole.
  22. I would agree Mr. Hayden is one of the most impressive players I have seen. Is Mr. Football a career award or yearly award? I think that could be the difference in rather he gets it or not.
  23. Not real familiar with the way the Massey system works but does it give points for the history of a program? If this is the case then a one year wonder or a one every ten years wonder like the Bellevue Team is going to be harder for the system to pick. Does anyone know?
  24. Hey #5 I said you were doing a good job stirring the pot. Nothing wrong with that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.