Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 42 Newport Central Catholic 16

Featured Replies

  • Replies 125
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camels sure looked tough tonight. Any final numbers for camel offense?

Newcath could not stop Durham, wow that boy is a load!

This was utterly embarrassing!!!!!The Breds offense was pathetic at best! The defense......non-existent. Congrats to the Camels as they tore through the Breds like a fat lady at a Chinese buffet. I recent said that the Camels were slow, well I now see a team that is slower. The Breds played with ZERO heart in this one.

 

Camels get the scoring started on 54 yard TD pass from Tyler Durham with :50 left in the 1st quarter.

 

Durham scores on a 30 yard QB keeper with 1:02 left in the half to make 14-0. Following the kickoff, Cain's pass is tipped into the Camels defender for a pick and 3 plays later a 19 yard TD run (forgot who), and with :25 left in the half it's the Camels 21-0.

 

Breds finally dent the scoreboard with a safety as the snap goes over the Camels punter. with 1:28 remaining in the 3rd. Following the free kick on the 1st play Josh Cain finds a steaking Noah Freppon for a 45 yard TD pass and with 1:10 in the 3rd it's Campbell Co. 21-9. On the 1st play after the Breds kickoff, Durham races 65 yards for a TD and with :56.8 left in the 3rd it's 28-9.

 

17 ticks into the 4th Cain fumbles, for I think the 3rd time, and on the next play it's a 36 yard TD run for the Camels 11:43 remaining 35-9. At this point I stopped watching, but the Camels score with 5:25 in the 4th to make 42-9 and the Breds get a token 3yard TD run from Dylan Hayes to make 42-16 with under 3 :00 to go.

 

I get that the Breds have quite a few starters out, but this was a totally sad effort. When the Breds play good I'll be their biggest cheerleader, however, you lay an egg like tonight I'm not going to hold back. Again Congrats to the Camels on the "beatdown" of the Breds.

The win was not a surprise. NCC's first game told me they would struggle against solid teams.

 

Congrats to Coach Lickert and the Camels.

 

6A is going to be fun.

Seems like the tradional NKY small team powerhouses are struggling this season. Both New Cath and Beechwood's talent is down, while Holy Cross (not that there is a ton of tradition, but a championship is a championship) is getting pounded by the bigger schools. I'm not sure if any other NKY small schools can compete with Beechwood, Holy Cross and New Cath, but there is clearly a gap this year between the larger schools and smaller schools that may not have been there is years past.

 

The Camels look like they are not ready to give up their 6A district crown!

Seems like the tradional NKY small team powerhouses are struggling this season. Both New Cath and Beechwood's talent is down, while Holy Cross (not that there is a ton of tradition, but a championship is a championship) is getting pounded by the bigger schools. I'm not sure if any other NKY small schools can compete with Beechwood, Holy Cross and New Cath, but there is clearly a gap this year between the larger schools and smaller schools that may not have been there is years past.

The Camels look like they are not ready to give up their 6A district crown!

 

As of this moment I would say you are spot on. However, for the sake of all 3 teams, I hope it changes for the better.

Congratulations to the Camels on a dominating win against NCC. The Camels out played NCC in every aspect of the game. Durham was a load as expected, he along with several others ran through the NCC defense like a hot knife through soft butter. To be so "big and slow" they stopped the "too fast for Campbell County" NCC offense, all night. Both teams had their share of sloppy play, but the Camels proved too much for the Breds tonight. Nice win for the Camels!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Camels; sounds like things have gotten more on track since the first week.

The win was not a surprise. NCC's first game told me they would struggle against solid teams.

 

Congrats to Coach Lickert and the Camels.

 

6A is going to be fun.

 

Totally agree on NCC.

 

And I agree with another poster that NCC and Beechwood are both down by their standards. But, the 2A district is still going to come down to the HC/NCC game, and no A team in Beechwood's district is going to come near them.

 

As for 6A, I'm not sure fun is the word I'd choose to describe it. But, it will be competitive.

The only fast thing I seen about the breds last nigbt was them getting on their bus!! Lol

Where are names like Pete Collopy, Mason Meyers, for this Breds team? Are they hurt?

Where are names like Pete Collopy, Mason Meyers, for this Breds team? Are they hurt?

 

Not that I know of..

I know one thing, Cain is no Hightchew by far. Who do they have behind Cain? Probably wouldnt hurt to get him some time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.