Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McNicholas (OH) 27 Newport Central Catholic 24

Featured Replies

McNick scores winning TD with 00:40 left in the game.

 

I wasn't there, however, my source at the game said the NewCath defense was PATHETIC, zero pressure whatsoever. Also said the heat down on the turf was taking it's toll on some of the players. :idunno:

Glad to see Cincy McNicholas was able to put up the W over what should be a very good team when all is said and done.

McNick scores winning TD with 00:40 left in the game.

 

I wasn't there, however, my source at the game said the NewCath defense was PATHETIC, zero pressure whatsoever. Also said the heat down on the turf was taking it's toll on some of the players. :idunno:

 

First things first, I was at the game and Newcath went into this tough matchup without many key players, including Thacker, Brooks, Sudkamp, and Lenz. Hard to pressure when most of the offense and defense of lines are sidelined by injures, not to mention that Mcnick was a very good team with alot of depth.

  • Author
First things first, I was at the game and Newcath went into this tough matchup without many key players, including Thacker, Brooks, Sudkamp, and Lenz. Hard to pressure when most of the offense and defense of lines are sidelined by injures, not to mention that Mcnick was a very good team with alot of depth.

 

I knew Brooks and Lenz weren't going to play, however was not told of Thacker and Sudkamp didn't play.

I knew Brooks and Lenz weren't going to play, however was not told of Thacker and Sudkamp didn't play.

 

Is this Sutkamp? Jack Sutkamp, the son of former Bellevue great Jon Sutkamp.

  • Author
Is this Sutkamp? Jack Sutkamp, the son of former Bellevue great Jon Sutkamp.

 

Yes, sorry about the typo.

This game was as even as you can get and a great game to watch. It was the opening of McNick's new stadium and although it is still under some construction it is a nice facility.

 

When NCC scored with three (3) minutes and some change left I really thought that the game was theirs; however, McNick responded after getting a short field on a squib kick with some big plays and the late score.

Why a short kick???? Thats the reason Holy Cross beat NewCath last year in the playoffs. Hey coach kick it deep.

Why a short kick???? Thats the reason Holy Cross beat NewCath last year in the playoffs. Hey coach kick it deep.

 

I am the last person that should be commenting on this, because I am not familiar with NCC's personnel or thought process. However, Johnny Caudell was the place kicker for them, but didn't handle kick off duties early in the game. At some point Johnny replaced whoever was kicking off (injury perhaps) and they started squib kicking rather than kicking deep.

 

The wild card in the kicking game for NCC was that Mr. Perfect (prefect score on the ACT) Grosser, who is a soccer player was suited up and on the sideline, but I didn't see him kick.

For the Breds sake I hope MR Perfect has a leg. Short kicks shorten seasons!!

Not real sure why coach replaced the kicker from the beginning of the game, he was putting it down around the 10-15 yard line. I will have to say that when the short kick came and gave mcnick only 60 yards to drive the ball down field, can't always blame the defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.