McNicholas (OH) 27 Newport Central Catholic 24

Lawnboy13

McNick scores winning TD with 00:40 left in the game.

I wasn't there, however, my source at the game said the NewCath defense was PATHETIC, zero pressure whatsoever. Also said the heat down on the turf was taking it's toll on some of the players. :idunno:

McNick scores winning TD with 00:40 left in the game.

I wasn't there, however, my source at the game said the NewCath defense was PATHETIC, zero pressure whatsoever. Also said the heat down on the turf was taking it's toll on some of the players. :idunno:

First things first, I was at the game and Newcath went into this tough matchup without many key players, including Thacker, Brooks, Sudkamp, and Lenz. Hard to pressure when most of the offense and defense of lines are sidelined by injures, not to mention that Mcnick was a very good team with alot of depth.

First things first, I was at the game and Newcath went into this tough matchup without many key players, including Thacker, Brooks, Sudkamp, and Lenz. Hard to pressure when most of the offense and defense of lines are sidelined by injures, not to mention that Mcnick was a very good team with alot of depth.

I knew Brooks and Lenz weren't going to play, however was not told of Thacker and Sudkamp didn't play.

This game was as even as you can get and a great game to watch. It was the opening of McNick's new stadium and although it is still under some construction it is a nice facility.

When NCC scored with three (3) minutes and some change left I really thought that the game was theirs; however, McNick responded after getting a short field on a squib kick with some big plays and the late score.

Why a short kick???? Thats the reason Holy Cross beat NewCath last year in the playoffs. Hey coach kick it deep.

I am the last person that should be commenting on this, because I am not familiar with NCC's personnel or thought process. However, Johnny Caudell was the place kicker for them, but didn't handle kick off duties early in the game. At some point Johnny replaced whoever was kicking off (injury perhaps) and they started squib kicking rather than kicking deep.

The wild card in the kicking game for NCC was that Mr. Perfect (prefect score on the ACT) Grosser, who is a soccer player was suited up and on the sideline, but I didn't see him kick.

Not real sure why coach replaced the kicker from the beginning of the game, he was putting it down around the 10-15 yard line. I will have to say that when the short kick came and gave mcnick only 60 yards to drive the ball down field, can't always blame the defense.