Great Article on a Newport Booster

Here is a link to an article on one heck of a fine man: Friday Night Sights: Newport alumnus never stops caring for players | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

And it was in the Enquirer. Well done Mr. Atkins and to the Enquirer.

John Atkins is what a good person stands for. I know John personally and he is someone who just knows how to do the right things. I wish there were more like him in this world. Kudos to him and his family....

John Atkins is what a good person stands for. I know John personally and he is someone who just knows how to do the right things. I wish there were more like him in this world. Kudos to him and his family....

Well stated t-birds. I too know John personally and he has been an ambassador for the kids of Newport for quite some time. Keep up the good work my man.

What a great guy. Keep up the good work and continued good luck.

"Big Bad" John is, indeed, a fine example of the many volunteers that toil anonomously behind the scenes to make the high school experience special for the kids, athletically and academically. They are at most every school and I have just two words for them..."THANK YOU!"

I've known John for many years. Played ball against him growing up. I've always had respect for him and for all he does. I've seen him many times at the Newport home and away games. He always greets me with a smile and some sarcastic remark.:D He has a true passion for his Wildcats and would do anything to help out a friend in need. On his facebook page today he was rather humble, as always, as he tried to defer the attention of "baseball star" to his little brother Ricky. Also had to mention he has 4 grandkids. Also interesting to see those that commented on his page were not just from Newport but from all over the area to show that he has been a positive influence on everyone he meets!

Well done Enquirer and well deserved John.

Here is a link to an article on one heck of a fine man: Friday Night Sights: Newport alumnus never stops caring for players | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

And it was in the Enquirer. Well done Mr. Atkins and to the Enquirer.

Great article. I have always thought that "Wade" should also gets some publicity, too. He is EVERYWHERE when there is any kind of event at Newport. Always very congenial and polite, and willing to help in any way. I know officials that work games at Newport really appreciate having him around.