Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Article on a Newport Booster

Featured Replies

Here is a link to an article on one heck of a fine man: Friday Night Sights: Newport alumnus never stops caring for players | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

 

And it was in the Enquirer. Well done Mr. Atkins and to the Enquirer.

 

John Atkins is what a good person stands for. I know John personally and he is someone who just knows how to do the right things. I wish there were more like him in this world. Kudos to him and his family....

Love it! Some schools are blessed with a big booster organization. Newport is fortunate that what they might lack in numbers is made up in quality with Mr Atkins.

John Atkins is what a good person stands for. I know John personally and he is someone who just knows how to do the right things. I wish there were more like him in this world. Kudos to him and his family....

 

Well stated t-birds. I too know John personally and he has been an ambassador for the kids of Newport for quite some time. Keep up the good work my man.

John Atkins is what a good person stands for. I know John personally and he is someone who just knows how to do the right things. I wish there were more like him in this world. Kudos to him and his family....

 

What a great guy. Keep up the good work and continued good luck.

Great to see good people like this getting some attention.

"Big Bad" John is, indeed, a fine example of the many volunteers that toil anonomously behind the scenes to make the high school experience special for the kids, athletically and academically. They are at most every school and I have just two words for them..."THANK YOU!"

I will echo what everyone else has stated.

 

I know John as well and he is as good as they come. He loves Newport and Newport kids!!!.

I've known John for many years. Played ball against him growing up. I've always had respect for him and for all he does. I've seen him many times at the Newport home and away games. He always greets me with a smile and some sarcastic remark.:D He has a true passion for his Wildcats and would do anything to help out a friend in need. On his facebook page today he was rather humble, as always, as he tried to defer the attention of "baseball star" to his little brother Ricky. Also had to mention he has 4 grandkids. Also interesting to see those that commented on his page were not just from Newport but from all over the area to show that he has been a positive influence on everyone he meets!

Well done Enquirer and well deserved John.

A thread everybody agrees on! Great guy that does things and support kids for the right reasons. Accolades richly deserved!!!

Here is a link to an article on one heck of a fine man: Friday Night Sights: Newport alumnus never stops caring for players | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

 

And it was in the Enquirer. Well done Mr. Atkins and to the Enquirer.

Great article. I have always thought that "Wade" should also gets some publicity, too. He is EVERYWHERE when there is any kind of event at Newport. Always very congenial and polite, and willing to help in any way. I know officials that work games at Newport really appreciate having him around.

Keeps the book for Wildcat hoops away and home games also.

Nobody better than "Big" John. :notworthy:

Mr. Atkins is a personal friend of mine and he is the definition of a fine quality BIG man!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.