2A (#2) Newport Central Catholic vs. McNicholas (OH) 8/25

Lawnboy13

Newport Central Catholic vs. McNicholas (OH)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Newport Central Catholic vs. McNicholas (OH)

• Newport Central Catholic
    • McNicholas

The Breds are nursing a few injuries after last weeks opener. After making a nice sideline catch, Jr. WR Tommy Donnelly will be out 4-6 weeks (ACL) and Sr. OL/DL Brady Thacker will be a game day decision (ankle).

I still like the Breds chances.

The Breds fumbled like 5 times in the first half last year and still won comfortably. I don't see how McNick has improved that much over one year. However, we don't know b/c all they have had is a scrimmage. I'll take NewCath w/ a game under their belt to win this 31-17

Word is Tommy is done for the season. Feel bad for a kid who works hard all off season earns a starting spot and after only a few minutes into the first game his season is over. Keep your head up Tommy and be ready for next season. I still take the Breds on Friday. McNick always does have pretty good team speed so could be a test for NewCath.

Found out yesterday, Tommy's injury was worse than thought, but one tough kid, He'll be a threat next year. If Newcath can hold on to the ball and not give up much defensive yards, Newcath should roll on to victory. Will be interesting to see if there's any changes this week in Newcath kicking game, I heard that they were working with a soccer player, but Newcaths other kicker was out the last 2 weeks with injury.....can't wait for this one.

Found out yesterday, Tommy's injury was worse than thought, but one tough kid, He'll be a threat next year. If Newcath can hold on to the ball and not give up much defensive yards, Newcath should roll on to victory. Will be interesting to see if there's any changes this week in Newcath kicking game, I heard that they were working with a soccer player, but Newcaths other kicker was out the last 2 weeks with injury.....can't wait for this one.

Word is Mr. Perfect, Sr. Nathan Grosser, will be taking over kicking duties. (Mr. Perfect) After his sophomore year he scored a perfect 36 on the ACT. Nathan is the goal keeper on the soccer team.

Word is Mr. Perfect, Sr. Nathan Grosser, will be taking over kicking duties. (Mr. Perfect) After his sophomore year he scored a perfect 36 on the ACT. Nathan is the goal keeper on the soccer team.

Interesting choice that they would pick a goal keeper to be the place kicker. Congrats to Mr. Grosser on getting a 36 on his ACT. That is pretty amazing. He can basically write his own ticket to college.

Interesting choice that they would pick a goal keeper to be the place kicker. Congrats to Mr. Grosser on getting a 36 on his ACT. That is pretty amazing. He can basically write his own ticket to college.

Yes sir. One smart kid, he scored a 29 when he took the ACT as a 7th grader. Now that's impressive!!!