Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CooperPride

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CooperPride

  1. Midnight madness into a sunday? Any upset parents because of this move?? Not criticising, honestly just curious! Good luck too both schools tonight.
  2. Good news!!!! You guys always do a very good job on the previews
  3. Anyone heading out to Union tomorrow to watch Cooper take on NewCath at around 9:30 in the morning?
  4. Can anyone help me out and tell me where I can find the 2010 Football schedules for schools? I know about khsaa but they do not have them posted yet I don't think. If they do please send me a link. Thanks.
  5. No, not mad, just being humerous. Your entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. No coach in their right mind will make a kid wear the helmet for a 3 hour bus ride. But when helmets are taken off after a bad loss kids tend to get comfortable which usually leads to horse play. Keeping helmets on gives you time on the ride home to reflect on what went wrong. My football team had to do it in high school and it never bothered me. Just depends on who you are I guess, and how you feel about it. Coaches take plenty of responsibility the Friday nights that they are up until 3 a.m. breaking down the film and the countless hours they spend Saturday and Sunday rewatching and scouting for next weeks opponents.
  6. No, just a 1 year thing. Both teams needed a game and only wanted to make it a 1 year deal.
  7. Who do they play in their first game?
  8. There isn't a point to that.... And who ever said anything about them losing?? :confused: Good luck Jags....get a W, so Fridaynightfan isn't upset that you have to wear your helmets home on the busride! :thumb:
  9. Luckily your opinion means nothing too me....... the 26-3 score is no indication of how that game went. Anyone besides you that was at that game should agree to that. And I think I said this earlier, noone ever asked you how you thought Cooper was, i was simply stating those 3 games were competitive last year, unlike Cooper's 1st year. Good thing high school football isn't pegged on your predictions, Boone would be undefeated state champs if that was the case
  10. my favorite part of 7 on 7 is getting your younger kids a look of what varsity football looks like as far as more speed, quicker pace...etc. Other than that i'm with everyone else in that it doesn't mean much. With that being said Cooper will host a 7 on 7 against NewCath this Tuesday, the 20th around 9:00 or 9:30 in the morning
  11. Sorry if I disagree with you, but 6A was no joke for Cooper last year with the exception of SK and Ryle. Cooper was competitive against Conner, Boone, and Campbell County....I do agree with others though, Cooper will be much improved this year and this will be a nice test to see how much further they have too go. I have heard nothing but good things about the JC RB's, it will be nice to watch them and Bradley romping around that field!!! Best of luck too both teams :ylsuper:
  12. Sorry about that, I was referring to Cooper in 2009, not this year. Sorry for the mix up.
  13. It is nice to see Cooper make this list. Many people will argue, but I just like seeing them there. With a top notch Sophomore class and losing only 5 or 6 seniors I think Cooper has a good chance to remain on this list.
  14. Rebel Dad, I don't remember this thread being about bashing the Cooper Football Program...do you? From what I recall, Boone did not have such a great season last year, so your point of them winning these games is void. If I recall correctly we were talking about good running backs, and some of the stats Bradley put up last year were very impressive. Many of these impressive stats were against the same schools your Rebels played. Your first point about Ryle is incorrect, their JV was not in middle of the 2nd quarter. Also, by the middle of the 2nd quarter, Bradley had 100 yards rushing and a score, FYI. I was in attendence at the Cooper/Boone game and I seem to recall the biggest reason that Cooper lost that game was not because of the weather conditions, but more along the lines of them playing themselves out of a win. I understand that you are passionate about Boone County Football, and that is good. I am not here to bash that program at all. But to give criticize a team in an irrelevent thread about their record is a little immature, IMO. And to say that Bradley is not, atleast, a top 3 RB in NKY is just non-sense especially when he played 5 or 6 of the same teams as your school. Also, I am pretty sure that football is the ultimate team game and you need more than a stud RB to be "successful." Just a word to the wise from a viewer of BGP, be careful what you say on here, as it is seen by numerous people all over the state. I don't want to start an arguement by any means, as I am as passionate for the Cooper program as you are the Boone one. All I ask is that you please stay on topic, as there is no reason to put down a program in its 2nd year. Good luck to the Rebels this year, as well as the Jaguars.
  15. Obviously its to early to tell....but based on last year and what teams have coming back and also what they have lost I think Cooper has a good shot against Conner, Boone, and Campbell...once again I'm not guaranteeing just saying they have a shot!!!:thumb:
  16. Obviously its to early to tell....but based on last year and what teams have coming back and also what they have lost I think Cooper has a good shot against Conner, Boone, and Campbell...once again I'm not guaranteeing just saying they have a shot!!!:thumb:
  17. I will be the one too go out on a limb and say Cooper gets their first district win....a lot coming back for the Jags and some hard work this off-season will lead a suprising Cooper squad!! Can't wait for August!!!
  18. I don't know about the best....but I know Cooper's defense will be much improved....with the sophomores coming up and they only lost 3 defensive players!!! they have the ability to be pretty good
  19. Cooper will have the ability to play in about every game of their tough district schedule next season. As of right now, you have to say that Ryle is more talented than the other teams in the district but Cooper brings back almost all of their starters, and a ton of experience. With some of the other teams losing a lot of talent, it will not suprise me at all if Cooper makes the playoffs next year!
  20. That is an awesome backfield but it is ridiculous to think that d'vontae Bradley is not on the first or second team. He deserves this award as much as anyone!!! Anyway, congrats to everyone
  21. I saw it....hard fought game....but Cooper has to stay under control and limit the turnovers....Conner's full court press probably cause about 12 turnovers that led to points...
  22. Was not a pretty game for the Jags by any means. Got to learn to cut out on the stupid penalties, but that will come with experience. A season that ends 3-7, but IMO could have easily been 5-5 or so. Look forward to the off-season as I know these kids have a bitter taste in their mouth after last night. Keep working hard in the offseason and bring on June 2010!
  23. You hit the nail right on the head!! :thumb: Decision was made after last year's Cooper freshman struggled GREATLY with some of the smaller schools, but also against some bigger schools. Schedule was made in February before anyone knew exactly what kind of team the freshman would have, and before the freshman team had a coach. You can guarantee though they will be playing with the big boys next year! Excellent season for the Young Jags, now, get to work in the off-season and bring those winning ways to the varsity and JV:dancingpa
  24. You might have been making a joke, and if that is the case sorry I didn't pick up on it, but isn't it 2009?:idunno: Please tell me I haven't hibernated for a year?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.