Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FireMarshallBill

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FireMarshallBill

  1. I figured someone would complain about this. I was at the game and I am a Boyd Co parent. Ashland did not run up the score, it is simply no ones fault but Boyd Co.
  2. This kid should have never been in that position at 14 yrs old. There are some older kids that could have played backup QB this year. I expected a little better performance out of the Lions. The usual saying at Boyd County "There is always next year!".
  3. Sad that our kids are forced to make these decisions. Even more sad that the parents dont stand up to the coaches and speak their mind. Most coaches care about one thing, and that is "their team", not the school or the player.
  4. Great post Painter. I meant no harm by stating that Ashland tried to run the score up, as they did, but hey it is "Ashland vs Boyd Co". Boyd county would do the same(if they could). Boyd County has been slapped in the face multiple times this year, and did not know how to respond. We have lost our fight. We have been taught they losing is OK. BUT IT IS NOT!! A change will be made, and has to be made, but the big question is, "Is it too late?". The huge difference in Boyd County sports and Ashland at this point is two things: 1. Coaching 2. All kids play all sports. (I could name you a 20 kids that was a star in all sports at a young age that only plays one sport at BC right now. That doesnt happen anywhere else.)
  5. Same reason they were kicking onside kicks while up 35-0. Also same reason why their starters were running over our Freshman. Also same reason why they were taunting our fan section after every TD. I will state though, only one to blame is BOYD CO. No Fight, No desire and they honestly believe losing is OK. I for one am darn tired of turning the other cheek and ready to start fighting...Anyone with me???? Congrats to Ashland, they have a good team, but did try to run the score up last night.
  6. Under the existing circumstances, Yes. Should that be the result? No
  7. I said the same thing about last weeks game. BC changed offense, but still the same predictable calls. All they have known for the past 3 or 4 yrs is QB right and QB left.
  8. I will agree the passing was fairly good(what little they passed), but also did see at least one receiver stretch and make a pretty good grab or two. Not sure why you keep dogging all the WR's. You might need to take your complaints to your Off Coordinator:thumb:
  9. I seen a few passes the other night, but not very many.
  10. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Boyd come out with the win at Pikeville's field. However, if you recall David Jones was completely in field running for a TD three times and pull up with a Hamstring. Belfry lost due to being out of shape. They never lost another game the rest of the season. Belfry is known to look rough in their first game of the season. Boyd County actually beat two state championship teams, two years in a row and were their only loss of the season. (Belfry 2003, Russell 2004) Of course Boyd didnt finish with a winning season either year. Boyd County's depth will hurt them all season. It was no excuse against Raceland, because they had about the same amount of players, but I am sure that Belfry has quite a few more. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.
  11. Youre joking right? When does BC pass the ball?
  12. Good to see LC start out the new season with a Win. Congrats.
  13. Size of the school matters in the game of Football and Baseball, where there are more players on the field than 5. Basketball is a different story. Easy to find 5-8 good B-ball players compared to 9-11 players for other sports.
  14. I thought Johnson Central getting pounded was the biggest surprise.
  15. Once again, I will have to praise the Raceland support. Already about 20-some posts on this thread from Raceland fans already and there was plenty of orange at the game as well last night. Would be nice to get the same support from the Lions fans. My observation of the game: Raceland was down in talent a bit in my opinion, possibly due to injuries, but they were definetly a image of all the Raceland teams in the past, and that was tough, gritty and never gave up. I have watched the Farley kid grow as a athlete over the years, from my son being a competitor, and that kid has turned out to be a great athlete for Raceland(In all sports). Not only a great athlete, but seems to be a great kid. There are definetly some other kids on that team that have really stepped up(Grant, Huffman, McKee, etc...). I was looking forward to seeing the new RB (Barr), and wished he was able to play last night. Heard he was a great RB. Raceland passing game was on last night. Their QB and WR's really stepped up last night. Boyd County played hard as well. There are quite a few gritty players there as well. However, I seen some very soft spots in Boyd positional players last night. I feel sorry for the boys that lay it out there on the field night after night, to see others just go through the motions and not care. In the past, these players would had been on the bench, but the Staff is doing the best with what they got. Arthur played a good game for Boyd Co last night. I was glad to see BC change to a new offense, the only problem is that we are still very predictable on the playcalling. The new offense, which some people call a Veer offense, should only be a QB first option if you have a Michael Vick. Arthur is a great QB, but we need to get his passing game going first. My son played in a double wing offense, very similar to the Veer, while he was a younger child at BC, and the QB option was the last option. But, was a score whenever used. The Staff will work hard to get these bugs worked out I am sure. If I was picking a player on both sides of the ball that should have received recognition last night, it would had to had been Donnie Bryant on Defense and Ethan Ross on Offense. Ethan made some big plays to keep us in the game. I have to admit as well, first time I have seen more Band members for Boyd County then football players. I will have to congratulate the Band as well, drastically improved. Someone near me said they counted the players on each sideline and Raceland had 1 more football player than BC. Pretty bad for the enrollment difference. Congrats to Raceland and good luck to both teams.
  16. I am very aware of the kid. Great young man. Not ready for any QB at High school JV/Varsity level yet. This is the one thing that I dont understand about Boyd County. Why dont they enjoy their talent at the levels that they have talent in? They could produce a very competitive Freshman team this year and that players would grow tremendously from it. Instead, they are trying to make those players JV/Varsity players?? If it is a numbers problem, then as a Coach you gotta figure out another way to cover that problem. Forcing players to play up, will only make you lose more players as time goes on. There are people in Boyd County that could have helped this program out and helped the numbers problem and the improvement of the talent.
  17. This seems to be the way that all BC sports do now. Not sure why everyone wants to push kids above their limits. Lets the kids be kids and enjoy their younger years.
  18. Pretty good, but dont believe that Greenup will beat out West Carter, but they could.
  19. :lol: Just living in reality, instead of some peoples dream world. I played for the Lions back in the day, and just cant understand why some people cant understand that there is a problem. There is not a single person in Boyd Co that would like to see Boyd winning the District again more than me, but I am also smart enough to know what I see. Anyone know how they have looked in Summer camp? Anyone stepping up?
  20. I really, really wish this was true, but you are way off the mark. They are a few years out of even breaking even in their schedule. Key players? Name some please. I cant even think of one kid returning that even came close to averaging double digit points, maybe the Mayse kid.
  21. Good luck to the Lions, but I am gonna say you will see no difference from last year.
  22. Good question and observation. Maybe someone with more rule knowledge than myself can answer that.
  23. No, what I advocate is that the darn KID hit the ball over the fence. Irregardless of the rules, I could careless whether he went straight to the dugout. I understand rules are there for a reason, but come on, let the KID enjoy his time. Oh wait, did the KID cheat RH because he forgot to tap the plate with his foot?? Bottom line is I believe by playing by the rules, but it was called a HR. If RH dont like it, then they should have scored more runs.
  24. I understand what you are saying, as well if any of the fans watched the first two games between Ashland and Boyd, then they would have to know that Boyd had a great chance of beating Ashland. Especially if they keep up with kids talents and know that Boyd had a couple of pitchers that Ashland had not even faced all year. Ashland did however have a great season, they have some great kids. I think Duvall could prosper at the next level. Has he gotten any offers?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.