Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County 2009/2010

Featured Replies


What does Boyd County need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Keep working hard and good things will happen.

Boyd County has a very young core of potential great players. Brandon Lowe (Freshman to be) will be strong. The few seniors they have will be good, but watch out for Cody Miller and Austin Rankin to make a big impact for there shooting offense.

Boyd County has a very young core of potential great players. Brandon Lowe (Freshman to be) will be strong. The few seniors they have will be good, but watch out for Cody Miller and Austin Rankin to make a big impact for there shooting offense.

 

Good luck to the Lions, but I am gonna say you will see no difference from last year.

Boyd co has several key players that returns and should make a very good showing in the region if every one will back the coaches and players. I am not saying they will win the region but Ido look for them to be greatly improved.

Boyd co has several key players that returns and should make a very good showing in the region if every one will back the coaches and players. I am not saying they will win the region but Ido look for them to be greatly improved.

 

I really, really wish this was true, but you are way off the mark. They are a few years out of even breaking even in their schedule. Key players? Name some please. I cant even think of one kid returning that even came close to averaging double digit points, maybe the Mayse kid.

FMBill shoots straight, no doubt.

FMBill shoots straight, no doubt.

 

:lol: Just living in reality, instead of some peoples dream world. I played for the Lions back in the day, and just cant understand why some people cant understand that there is a problem. There is not a single person in Boyd Co that would like to see Boyd winning the District again more than me, but I am also smart enough to know what I see.

 

Anyone know how they have looked in Summer camp? Anyone stepping up?

Boyd co has several key players that returns and should make a very good showing in the region if every one will back the coaches and players. I am not saying they will win the region but Ido look for them to be greatly improved.

 

I wish I could agree with you Bobcat. Just dont see it happening anytime soon.

Unless someone comes in and cleans house, the only players on the floor will be 5 little Davey Wooten clones. Unfortunately, a Davey Wooten clone will not be able to win in this district.

 

Boyd has already told their basketball players that if you want to play basketball, you will quit football. Some listened and quit, including the only double digit player that was left from last years team.

 

The Boyd County Lions have literally "left the jungle". :idunno:

Unless someone comes in and cleans house, the only players on the floor will be 5 little Davey Wooten clones. Unfortunately, a Davey Wooten clone will not be able to win in this district.

 

Boyd has already told their basketball players that if you want to play basketball, you will quit football. Some listened and quit, including the only double digit player that was left from last years team.

 

The Boyd County Lions have literally "left the jungle". :idunno:

 

And if that were true, they'd win. Dave could play.:thumb:

Sorry Jock Strap, lol, one "Davey" could play 20 years ago, but one "Davey" does not win against another team, it takes team play to win.

 

Focus on the word "could", times have changed, and players are alot bigger than they were "back in the day". Every team around here utilizes a big man, except Boyd.

 

Davey is now the coach, so he is not out there playing, is he? He is coaching. I said 5 Davey clones, a clone is not the real thing.

And if that were true, they'd win. Dave could play.:thumb:

 

 

 

Jock Strap...lol...Here is a simple comparison to your statement....

 

Kyle Macy was an excellant point guard, one of the very best, but when hired as a coach, well he was not a player anymore was he? His coaching was the worst in Morehead history.

 

Just because you can play, doesn't mean you can coach.

 

When Kyle Macy played, he had a supporting cast of big guys ie...Rick Robey, Jack Givens, Mike Phillips. I remember the headline from the 78' NCAA Tourney... "Can the Magic, hex the Muscle?" Refering to Magic Johnson vs. the 3 previous mentioned players.

 

Even as Kyle Macy coached he understood the need for big and powerful players, unfortunately Davey Wooten does not. My statement of 5 Davey Clones, 5 small point guards to be exact, is not a concept that would work in the 16th region or likely any region.

 

I graduated from Boyd, was long time Boyd fan, and wanted only the best for Boyd, but... until "house" is cleaned, no good is happening at Boyd.

Edited by No Guts No Glory
forgot to space

My goodness where do I start? Unreal how you have dumped this all in the lap of a guy who took over a dynasty. Wait, maybe I should remove the dy and just put nasty. Let's see, to start, one of the most storied coaches in school history came back for one season, he had a behemoth in the middle, and realized that they were destined to be mired in misery for years to come (and Roger became the Dodger and who could blame him?). You make it sound like Davey is simply staring at 5 D1 forwards and centers miring away over on the pine. That's sadly not the truth Mr. No Guts. I know all of the kids at Boyd. I assume you do to. I think they give tremendous effort for Dave. Oh, did I mention that coaches weren't beating down the doors to sit in the first seat over there in Summit? Didn't want to leave that out. The kids I've seen last season and all summer (you have watched summer basketball haven't you) play hard. Frankly, they're not overly skilled. It is what it is. So it's obviously very supportive when you throw the coach under the bus as you have so eloquently done. I wish you could take the hand he's been dealt and see if you can get out of the cellar in the region. Unless there are some Owens kids coming in via the Ramey route, Boyd will be the same as last season, with the exception of one year more mature.

 

Shame that those who graduate from there can't simply get behind the guy who's calling the shots, instead of calling veiled shots of their own from behind a username.

 

Good luck to Boyd this season.:thumb:

 

 

And for the record, Kyle Macy nor Joe B. nor Adolf Rupp would have fared much better last season at Boyd. I commend Dave for sticking it out!!

My goodness where do I start? Unreal how you have dumped this all in the lap of a guy who took over a dynasty. Wait, maybe I should remove the dy and just put nasty. Let's see, to start, one of the most storied coaches in school history came back for one season, he had a behemoth in the middle, and realized that they were destined to be mired in misery for years to come (and Roger became the Dodger and who could blame him?). You make it sound like Davey is simply staring at 5 D1 forwards and centers miring away over on the pine. That's sadly not the truth Mr. No Guts. I know all of the kids at Boyd. I assume you do to. I think they give tremendous effort for Dave. Oh, did I mention that coaches weren't beating down the doors to sit in the first seat over there in Summit? Didn't want to leave that out. The kids I've seen last season and all summer (you have watched summer basketball haven't you) play hard. Frankly, they're not overly skilled. It is what it is. So it's obviously very supportive when you throw the coach under the bus as you have so eloquently done. I wish you could take the hand he's been dealt and see if you can get out of the cellar in the region. Unless there are some Owens kids coming in via the Ramey route, Boyd will be the same as last season, with the exception of one year more mature.

 

Shame that those who graduate from there can't simply get behind the guy who's calling the shots, instead of calling veiled shots of their own from behind a username.

Good luck to Boyd this season.:thumb:

 

 

And for the record, Kyle Macy nor Joe B. nor Adolf Rupp would have fared much better last season at Boyd. I commend Dave for sticking it out!!

 

So, your real name IS Jacque Strappe?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.