Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County/Shelby Valley Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Anyone go ?

 

I left with mixed feelings on Boyd.

Any opinions? Everything seems to be hush hush in Cannonsburg.

  • Author
Any opinions? Everything seems to be hush hush in Cannonsburg.

 

The district is weak so they should be alright. I assume they'll get crushed by the local power houses.

 

Secondary looked terrible. I believe they'll get lit up through the air this season. Other than that, the defense looked decent.

 

I left a little early but was told they won the scrimmage 20-14. They played a freshman QB for atleast 2 or 3 series that I know of. That didn't go well.

The district is weak so they should be alright. I assume they'll get crushed by the local power houses.

 

Secondary looked terrible. I believe they'll get lit up through the air this season. Other than that, the defense looked decent.

 

I left a little early but was told they won the scrimmage 20-14. They played a freshman QB for atleast 2 or 3 series that I know of. That didn't go well.

 

This seems to be the way that all BC sports do now. Not sure why everyone wants to push kids above their limits. Lets the kids be kids and enjoy their younger years.

Edited by Birdsfan

  • Author
The district is weak so they should be alright. I assume they'll get crushed by the local power houses.

 

Secondary looked terrible. I believe they'll get lit up through the air this season. Other than that, the defense looked decent.

 

I left a little early but was told they won the scrimmage 20-14. They played a freshman QB for atleast 2 or 3 series that I know of. That didn't go well.

 

This seems to be the way that all BC sports do now. Not sure why everyone wants to push kids above their limits. Lets the kids be kids and enjoy their younger years.

 

He's a great athlete for his age. He's the coaches son and will make a fine QB in a couple years.

 

I'm not sure that they had another option. Numbers at Boyd are way down and he may be the backup. I believe he was taking snaps with the JV team.

Edited by Birdsfan

 

He's a great athlete for his age. He's the coaches son and will make a fine QB in a couple years.

 

I'm not sure that they had another option. Numbers at Boyd are way down and he may be the backup. I believe he was taking snaps with the JV team.

 

I am very aware of the kid. Great young man. Not ready for any QB at High school JV/Varsity level yet. This is the one thing that I dont understand about Boyd County. Why dont they enjoy their talent at the levels that they have talent in? They could produce a very competitive Freshman team this year and that players would grow tremendously from it. Instead, they are trying to make those players JV/Varsity players?? If it is a numbers problem, then as a Coach you gotta figure out another way to cover that problem. Forcing players to play up, will only make you lose more players as time goes on. There are people in Boyd County that could have helped this program out and helped the numbers problem and the improvement of the talent.

Edited by Birdsfan

The first team looked okay. They need to block better.

 

I am very aware of the kid. Great young man. Not ready for any QB at High school JV/Varsity level yet. This is the one thing that I dont understand about Boyd County. Why dont they enjoy their talent at the levels that they have talent in? They could produce a very competitive Freshman team this year and that players would grow tremendously from it. Instead, they are trying to make those players JV/Varsity players?? If it is a numbers problem, then as a Coach you gotta figure out another way to cover that problem. Forcing players to play up, will only make you lose more players as time goes on. There are people in Boyd County that could have helped this program out and helped the numbers problem and the improvement of the talent.

 

The freshman QB played with the Freshman team at the end of the game. When Shelby Valley passed on them it was thier two's in at DB's. When Boyd had their ones in on D and O they looked pretty good. Talked to the coaches after and they were saying things like, we may have looked good, or o.k., but we still made mistakes. So if this is the case, then I think if they can fix those problems, they may be alright.

Edited by Birdsfan

  • Author

 

The freshman QB played with the Freshman team at the end of the game. When Shelby Valley passed on them it was thier two's in at DB's. When Boyd had their ones in on D and O they looked pretty good. Talked to the coaches after and they were saying things like, we may have looked good, or o.k., but we still made mistakes. So if this is the case, then I think if they can fix those problems, they may be alright.

 

I assumed the Freshman team was in with the Freshman QB, they looked much smaller. At that point in the scrimmage did SV have their varsity in ?

 

I just wasn't impressed with Boyd's secondary throughout the entire scrimmage.

Edited by Birdsfan

 

I assumed the Freshman team was in with the Freshman QB, they looked much smaller. At that point in the scrimmage did SV have their varsity in ?

 

I just wasn't impressed with Boyd's secondary throughout the entire scrimmage.

 

YES they Had there Varsity in..

Edited by Birdsfan

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.