Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill vs Fairview

Featured Replies

What's your thoughts on this one this evening?

 

I'm going with RH, this would be a great boost for a very young team, and a much needed win for Coaches Roy and Wells.

I would love to see Rose Hill get this win.

 

Royals 7

Eagles 4

RH got shafted big time in the last inning.

What happened?

:confused:

Last inning, RH up 1 run, Fairview kid hits a solo HR and doesnt touch home plate. The ump (who by the way is a Fairview grad) looked at Coach Roy, as if to say are you going to appeal this. So he did. The ump then looked scared to death and called the runner safe. Game tied. Fairview went on to score the winning run on a squeeze bunt that bounce off the batters leg. Coach Roy was more than a little up set.:madman:
Last inning, RH up 1 run, Fairview kid hits a solo HR and doesnt touch home plate. The ump (who by the way is a Fairview grad) looked at Coach Roy, as if to say are you going to appeal this. So he did. The ump then looked scared to death and called the runner safe. Game tied. Fairview went on to score the winning run on a squeeze bunt that bounce off the batters leg. Coach Roy was more than a little up set.:madman:
Not to say I'm correct, from the 1st base side, the bunt didn't hit the batter. The ball shot straight up off the ground in front of the plate. Can't reply on the missing of home plate, players had my view blocked. However, that's begging as far as I'm concerned. Had the kid hit a triple and missed second, (or first) then you have an argument. But to question a player missing home plate on a home run, come on, you should be questioning the pitch that was called. As hot as Bradley had been, he would have had to have a 10 foot 9 iron to hit the pitch that should have been called. If the ball did hit the batter on the squeeze play, I doubt him getting that call anyway after the fit he through on the home run. :thumb: I will say this, by far the best game to have watched in the first round. :thumb:

Can I assume that Ashland cleaned Boyd County? My friends in that area predicted an easy win. I remember that BC has had some good teams in past years and that Ashland was good back in the 1960s.

Boyd won 12-0. Mercy rule. Boyd had a 9 run 3rd inning. Most shocking result in the area, imo.

Not to say I'm correct, from the 1st base side, the bunt didn't hit the batter. The ball shot straight up off the ground in front of the plate. Can't reply on the missing of home plate, players had my view blocked. However, that's begging as far as I'm concerned. Had the kid hit a triple and missed second, (or first) then you have an argument. But to question a player missing home plate on a home run, come on, you should be questioning the pitch that was called. As hot as Bradley had been, he would have had to have a 10 foot 9 iron to hit the pitch that should have been called. If the ball did hit the batter on the squeeze play, I doubt him getting that call anyway after the fit he through on the home run. :thumb: I will say this, by far the best game to have watched in the first round. :thumb:

 

It's not begging to expect enforcement of a rule. There is no question the batter missed the plate (by the way, it was a great hit). The rule is there for a reason. At the point Roy was arguing that call it was all he could do within the rules.

The fact is this ump also ref's basketball games. He is rated as one if not the worse official in the 16th. He knew the kid didn't touch the plate and didn't have the guts to make the correct call. As far as him not getting the call on the bunt "after the fit he through on the home run", do you advocate not making the correct call because of an umps hurt feelings?

Can I assume that Ashland cleaned Boyd County? My friends in that area predicted an easy win. I remember that BC has had some good teams in past years and that Ashland was good back in the 1960s.

 

You assumed wrong.

Not to say I'm correct, from the 1st base side, the bunt didn't hit the batter. The ball shot straight up off the ground in front of the plate. Can't reply on the missing of home plate, players had my view blocked. However, that's begging as far as I'm concerned. Had the kid hit a triple and missed second, (or first) then you have an argument. But to question a player missing home plate on a home run, come on, you should be questioning the pitch that was called. As hot as Bradley had been, he would have had to have a 10 foot 9 iron to hit the pitch that should have been called. If the ball did hit the batter on the squeeze play, I doubt him getting that call anyway after the fit he through on the home run. :thumb: I will say this, by far the best game to have watched in the first round. :thumb:

 

I agree 100%. The behavior was definetly un-called for after the game as well. Congrats to both teams on providing a exciting a good game. I applaud the 3 or 4 older RH players for sticking it out and helping the younger players grow on the field as well. They seemed very patient.

It's not begging to expect enforcement of a rule. There is no question the batter missed the plate (by the way, it was a great hit). The rule is there for a reason. At the point Roy was arguing that call it was all he could do within the rules.

The fact is this ump also ref's basketball games. He is rated as one if not the worse official in the 16th. He knew the kid didn't touch the plate and didn't have the guts to make the correct call. As far as him not getting the call on the bunt "after the fit he through on the home run", do you advocate not making the correct call because of an umps hurt feelings?

 

I will not disagree about the level of the umpire, but in this case where you have to make a 50/50 call, then I as well would have stuck with the Homerun. It is districts, and the kid did knock the ball over the fence. No questions there.

I will not disagree about the level of the umpire, but in this case where you have to make a 50/50 call, then I as well would have stuck with the Homerun. It is districts, and the kid did knock the ball over the fence. No questions there.

 

I don't know what happened but it isn't 50/50. He either missed home 100% or touch home 100%. That being said if you hit one over the fence leave no doubt step in the middle of the plate. I know someone from Boyd Co. who was there and he said he did miss the plate by quite a bit, FWIW.

 

Either way sounds like a great game.

I will not disagree about the level of the umpire, but in this case where you have to make a 50/50 call, then I as well would have stuck with the Homerun. It is districts, and the kid did knock the ball over the fence. No questions there.

 

So you advocate the umps throwing the rules aside to do what they think is right under the circumstances.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.