Lawrence County 54 Paintsville 20

UKBLUE1964

Congratulations to Lawrence County on the win. They were so close to breaking through last year. They might just win quite a few this year.

Agreed. If it makes sense, they actually were a decent 0-11 team last year. Hopefully things are heading in the right direction in Louisa.

Congrats to Lawrence Co. on the win!! Great to see you guys get the "skunk" out of the place with the season opener. I hope that you continue to build on this win and that the worst days/seasons are behind you.

Lawrene Co. has had a strong tradition and love for the game through the years. I certainly remember not only some very powerful LCHS teams but some of the very good Louisa high school teams as well.

Agreed. If it makes sense, they actually were a decent 0-11 team last year. Hopefully things are heading in the right direction in Louisa.

I agree, I know that sounds crazy to some but they were sooooo close to breaking through last season and played some pretty darn good teams tough.

Kids played really hard tonight. Paintsville got two late scores on the J.V. I think LC had 5 or 6 guys with over 80yds rushing with a couple getting over 100. Pack had around 130 on 9 carries. Soph Lance Clay ran a kick back 80yds and had 100yds on 3 carries I think. Paintsville had under 20 yds passing. Hunter James, Turner OBrian and Blake Bradely all had rushing TD's too. Freshman Caleb Bentley was close to 100. The big guys up front played really well.

Really happy for the group of Sr's that have stuck together through thick and thin. They deserve everything good that comes their way. Still A LOT of work to do on little things that matter but a nice start.

I hope Paintsville sticks with their team. They should compete well in their class. The QB + RB have excellent speed and they have some size up front for a 1A school. They are also well coached. I look for them to play well in their class.

I'm glad these two played again this year. This used to always be a nice rivalry only 20 minutes apart.

Here's a stat line I copied from another poster:

Sr Shane Pack 9 carries for 125 yards and 3 TDS

Frosh Caleb Bentley 4 carries for 78 yards

JR Hunter James 7 carries for 63 yards 1TD

JR Turner Obrian 2 carries for 71 yards 1 TD

JR Blake Bradley 3 carries for 8 yards and 1 TD

Soph Lance Clay 3 carries for 100 Yards and 1 TD

Also Lance had a 82 yard Kick off Return for a TD

Frosh Jacob Marcum 4 carries for 25 yards

As a team LC was 32 carries for 470 yards.

Here's a stat line I copied from another poster:

Sr Shane Pack 9 carries for 125 yards and 3 TDS

Frosh Caleb Bentley 4 carries for 78 yards

JR Hunter James 7 carries for 63 yards 1TD

JR Turner Obrian 2 carries for 71 yards 1 TD

JR Blake Bradley 3 carries for 8 yards and 1 TD

Soph Lance Clay 3 carries for 100 Yards and 1 TD

Also Lance had a 82 yard Kick off Return for a TD

Frosh Jacob Marcum 4 carries for 25 yards

As a team LC was 32 carries for 470 yards.

That is rushing numbers LC fans are used to seeing. Keep it up and Good Luck Dawgs!!! :dancingpa